Chapter 6a A time of Wolves

[color=red]I think we can ignore that spirit. I am not sure if I can make magic’s that would enslave and I am not sure what good it would do if I could. Let’s continue down this path my soldaes. Justus await confirmation form his soldaes and then get going.

harsh tone of voice
[color=red]South path is as good as any. Let's go, I don't like to lose my time wandering needlessly.

I am wary of that raven, too.

The group procedes to the south down the winding trail, the Raven seems to be watching them as they move down the trail.
Ahead the trail seems to merge with another trail going down the slope. Krispin and Ardeth can hear something large moving along the other trail, they can also hear soem kind of frentic activity with what sounds like a human vocie although the words cannot be made out

To the grogs:

[color=red]Be ready, we don't know what manner of beast lies there, we must be ready to strike it down. Whatever it is, it's probably already aware of our presence through that raven, but it won't be able to stand up to us if we stay together

Once Justus notices that Ardath alert the grogs. [color=red]Soldaes what do you hear? Are we in danger? Justus looks around to see if he can detect anything. [color=red]We must keep together so we may fight some fiend if needed.

[color=red]Well, don't you hear that thing other here? And all that activity there? Given when we are, we must be ready to strike, and strike decisively.
We go on

As the group moves forward , two humanoid figures can be seen in through the mist ahead , the details are indistinct due to the heavy mist but one of them is a vertiable ogre towereing over lesser men.

Justus hesitates for a moment. [color=red]Who goes there? He shouts at the strangers approaching. [color=red]Identify yourself. Justus puts a tight grip around his staff and looks at Ardath.[color=red] Be ready my soldaes if the time comes to fight. Krispin, Justus looks around his other shoulder. [color=red]Are you ready? Justus then faces forward and see if he can. If they seem to act hostile then a comprehend magic is used, first against the ogre.

Okay, let's prepare somewhat.

In a rush of white-blue light, Ardath claps her hands, and her image dissociates from her, as a [color=blue]Wizard's Sidestep is cast (if it isn't done already).

Then, while her torn image still flickers with light, she casts again, and the image appears to flare again, as it grows somewhat in stature and charisma ([color=blue]Aura of Ennobled Presence)

Finally, she incants again, clap her hand anew, and then, as the strikes the earth with her open palms, an [color=blue]Obsidian Wall extands from her to the group (if they're less then 25 paces way, at least), separating the combattants.
[color=red]
As my sodales said, what is happening here?

The stone wall splits the two figures , as it appears the human sized figure vanishes and seems to teleport arriving behind your group, the larger Ogre sized figure seems slow to react.
Justus can sense that the Ogre is protected by a Parma Magica

Justus immediately stops his comprehend magic. In Latin he speaks. [color=red]Salve, I am Justus Felix Ex Miscellanea. Member of the Order of Hermes and first amongst equals at the covenant Ad Fons. To whom am I speaking? Justus body is still tense and he tries to notice any changes.

I face the figure behind

[color=red]And I am Ardath ex miscellanea, from the same covenant. Who are you?

The man behind the group replies
[color=red]Hold! Salve sodale! We are both fellow magi of the Order...

[color=red]Ricardo of Mercere, at your service :wink:

[color=red]Justus Felix Ex Miscellanea, Justus draws for breath and ease the grip upon his staff. [color=red]What bring you to these remote part of the Pomeranian? If we could find a way back to our covenant I would offer you some hospitality. We are on the hunt for some strange spirit that have possessed both man and beast.

[color=red]Well, why don't we march out back the way I came in. It seems to be a regio, but I lack the second sight or the appropriate spells. There was this raven sitting over there, staring blankly at us...

Just in case it wasn't clear earlier the route you entered seems to have closed behind you

I may have forgotten, but perhaps my character really thinks it simply requires second sight. Not skilled or educated like a magus, juts hold the social status of one :wink:

[color=red]We must find our way out but first we must hunt down the spirit we came here to hunt. Care to aid us? I can’t promise that you will be safe from danger. Justus Felix pause to await answer.

A tremor shakes the earth and there is an upswelling of blood form the thorns as more blood than before pours from them . Ahead muffled by the mist their is a cry of pain.

(Ricardo recognises Justus as the leader of the covenant he and regius where travelling to Join)

(Ardeth and Justus notices that Ricardo is possesed by one of the rage spirits which where possessing the wolves and the covenants grogs earlier, they also notice similar spirits boiling up from the blod around the grogs feet (the spirits are of the 2nd magnitude and no threat to the mages parma)))