Chapter V (1238 to 1245)

"It sounds to me like you would be a good addition, but we will need to bring that before the entire council. I'll have someone set you up in guest quarters while I make talk to Carmen about the formal petition for membership."

She will flag down a servant and instruct them to make up chambers for our guest, then head to Carmen's office. Stop, grimace, and return to find Lucas.

Lucas is in his lab, but happily makes time for Fleur.

"Cecilio is interested in joining the covenant, she apparently has some very valuable gifts to share, including the ability to heal without vis from what she has said, but since you have known her longer I thought you might be willing to help present her request to Carmen with me."

"By all means," Lucas replies. "We also probably ought to let Solomon know she's here as well. He's a Pontifex now too and he knew Cecilio in the City of Brass, though I'm not sure their styles meshed all that well. She seemed very loose and relaxed, while Solomon is ... well, not. She did strike me as a top notch maga, though. And if she's half the author she claims to be, we'll be lucky to have her writing for the library."

"What was your impression of her?"

"Fairly impressed, but we also seem to have similar interests. I glanced at her books, she writes about as well as Felicia, which means better than most mages in the order. She does want her books that she contributed to the library to be available to all visitors to read, we may have to set a room aside for that, but she takes her Bonisagus oath rather enthusiastically. I would assume you have more experience with her abilities as a healer, I have only her claims to go on."

"From what I've seen, she seems competent with healing. I think she'd be a good addition to the hospital if Vocis and the Tremere find her acceptable."

"I'm also glad to hear that you think her writing is good. You're a better judge of that than I am. And I'm sure we can accommodate her desire to allow copies to be made - though it may give Arachne fits if we allow too many people into the castle."

[hr][/hr]
Unfortunately we're not to the stage in the City of Brass adventure where I'd have seen much of her healing prowess. Hopefully we won't ever get there.

She healed Roberto's broken leg :wink:

"So should we go to Carmen and mention Solomon, or go talk to Solomon first? I'd like to go ahead and gather support before we submit her for memebership, on the other hand I don't want half the magi of the covenant knocking on Carmen's door."

"My thought is that we should go to Carmen first, but, as you say, mention that Solomon is the master with the greatest knowledge about the matter. Carmen's no longer the only Pontifex, but she is the Pontifex Maximus. She'll expect that she should be told first, and will get upset if she thinks we're going behind her back to poll the covenant prior to submitting her request for membership. Solomon will understand that. Once we present her application, however, it'll take time to get a council meeting together. That's probably our best time to speak to the other members of the covenant."

Fleur heads for Carmen's Sanctum knock knock knock

OOC: Does Fleur want Lucas to come with her or would she rather report the petition alone?

She would like Lucas to come with her.

OOC: Consider it done.

You knock on the door of Carmen's office. The receptionist answers, and when asked where she is he points to her sanctum door. You take notice that it is sectioned with a top and bottom half. You knock. You hear her walk up a step stool to open the top.
Wassup?

"There is a Cecilio of Bonisagus here who is wanting to petition for membership in the Covenant. She appears quite the competent writer from the books she has brought, and Lucas here states that they met her in the City of Brass and she is a very competent healer as well."

"She would definitely be an asset to the library," Lucas says in agreement. "And she would likely also be quite useful to the hospital as well."

I suppose it's up to the council. Give her a tour. Tell her i will meet with her at supper. With you two as well. Go tell Solomon I want a private chat with him before that.

"Yes Ma'am." Fleur looks to Lucas "Do you want to deliver the message to Solomon or give the tour?"

OOC: I'm not sure were we are at this point... I could see moving straight to dinner or the tour or something else. Thoughts?

I vote tour, with a magus and a member of the old guard with more knowledge of the history and lore of the covenant. Give me room to improvise :mrgreen: