Character arcs

Argyros thinks we should stay on the boat for the night.

If we debrief our day we found islands with :

• Faerie aura
  • Infernal aura
  • Strange people lead by elders, kind of recluse, and speaking Latin. And scared when I talked about their savior. I would not be surprise to find in this island a divine aura
  • So for the last island maybe we'll find a magical aura.

So tomorrow, we all go to the last island, with many grogs and explore the last island. Mages will seek for aura and if magical is found where to settle. Grogs/Companions would try to secure us and hunt/gather food and water.

Galenos would like to check over everyone present at the Infernal isle for signs of Unholiness; otherwise, Euphemia's plan sounds good.

Ilia agrees with the plan as well, and suggests that the magi go as a group to the final island, in case it's as / more dangerous than the demon island.

There is more than one island remaining. In fact there are 3 from the initial survey, plus a fourth further north which is supposed to e part of the standard routes, with legends of some beast which has thus far prevented anyone from settling the island.

There are no signs of unholiness. Keep in mind that there is a food shortage as well, and several more islands to investigate. How is everyone planning to progress?

How many ships do we have, and how close together are the islands?

One ship, each island is approximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours from the first island (except the one which is further to the NE, beyond the island with winches. There are three more unexplored islands that are nearby however.

If we only have one ship, how were we visiting two islands at the same time?

I mean, obviously, the first group could have been dropped off while the second group visited the other two, but it doesn't seem to have played out that way narratively. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure there were at least 2 ships.

Anyway, the best decision, if we only have one ship, is to look for the shipwreck survivors first, then visit the other non-monster-inhabited islands, then visit the monster-inhabited island, in that order. After we rescue the survivors, our primary objective is to find food and potable water.

That is what happened. The first group was dropped off then the second ship visited the two islands. In fact making it back to meet up with the first group was part of the second group's narrative. Similarly there are known to be goats in your current position, nobody has investigated the edibility of local plants (though the goats seem to find it edible...) and of course with a ship comes the possibility of fishing, though that is not likely to be a sufficient long term solution by itself.

Cool, goats.

Well, if there are goats already, do we have anybody who can Hunt? (I suppose I could make a grog for that.)

If not, can Abigail use some Intellego Herbam juju to determine if the plants are okay to eat?

Vassos the lookout has Hunt 2; and Karpos the cook has Survival 2 (foraging), so ought to be able to have a good go at working out edible plants.

Looks like my grogs are on food duty, eh?

Ilia has Hunt 3, and so can help with that part too. She can use her ability to see through water to find fish schools for any fisherman we have, but can't help with the actual fishing. In terms of the plants, that sounds like something for Abigail and her array of useful Herbam spells :slight_smile:

The tweedle brothers can hunt too. They're former poachers.
I was wondering yesterday, but can't we try to know where we are by checking the stars location combined to arte liberales? (I do not know if this is possible historically)

Latitude, yes, longitude no, not without far better timepieces than exist in this time.

Okay then.

Everyone with an Ability (or spell or whatever) useful for finding provisions should focus on doing that, on the goat-having island, as that is the best bet for finding food and water at this point. The rest of the group will do more exploring.

Also, is Goat Island the one with the vis? If it is, go ahead and grab that, would you? Pleeeeeeease? :mrgreen:

I can make a Leadership roll or something like that if Euphemia's amazing (okay, so they're not very amazing, but they're decent) leader-y and organizational skills can give people bonuses to their future rolls for finding edibles.

You are welcome to quest for vis as long as you are the one to pick it up and carry it. Abigail will have no part of raiding this vis. :slight_smile:

"Goat Vis Island!" Hahahahahahaha! gigglesnort

Oh man, that is so funny. I am literally crying here.

Thank you for that.

Question. Do the twidlee brothers go hunting&co or on the mercenary island as they can both fight well ? (or maybe 1 on each island)
Gathering resources is important but we can't let the second group defenseless

Well, Maia is pretty staberific. So they're not defenseless persay. More buddies always helps, though.

Maybe I misunderstood (cause I'm a bit lost with all those islands sorry ^^' ) but is the Vis island the one with see monsters who may attack if we're invading the bay (by gathering the Vis) ?