Character Creation Discussions (OOC)

Placidus ex Mercere

Placidus is one of the most active members of the Weissdorngilde. He loves all beings magical: Where others see dangerous giants and deadly giant spiders, he sees potential friends whose habitat is shrinking. He uses his Gift to be closer to these creatures: to speak with them, to assume their shapes and to protect them from human encroachment.

This is a source of irritation to his house, who would like him to take a more active role in the protection of redcaps and the duties of his house. He helps them out grudgingly.

Story types:

• encounters with and defense of all sorts of magical beings (kind of like Hagrid)
  • the duties of a mercere magus (e.g. protecting redcaps)
2 Likes

Note that loke's concept is that of a Tremere signaler, so less focus on illusions and more on communications.

That said, your new concept is fine as well. Let's see what the others say! :smiley:

I need some dice rolls and gm/troupe involvement for the next step of my downtime. How do I go about dice rolling in a way that you can all see, please?

You can use whatever method you like to roll your dice (including a physical die).

If you prefer to use an online rolle, I can suggest Rolz. If you want to go even further and create an account there, I have just created a room for the saga.

Dir rolls appear as follow on the platform:

Note that you don't need to create an account or use the room to make die rolls.

Thanks!

@Arthur So, I am doing some alchemy, and Markus has put some items together for a healing bandage to try and find some form bonuses. However, I need to have the table decide if he has a bonus or disadvantage on any of these items, so I am putting them here for troupe consideration:

This is an alchemical experiment, where Marcus will be using the items of:

• a bandage (for healing),

• Sage (a healing herb, literally meaning โ€œI am wellโ€)

• Human hair (for the sympathy to humans as a whole)

• Human blood (again for a corpus sympathy)

• Self-heal (a meadow herb named for its medicinal properties)

• Pennyroyal (another healing herb)

• Spiderweb (a creo sympathy,, as it is something being created)

• Gold thread (gold is resonant to the sun, which controls health and well being. A creo resonance)

Is this the right place to do it?

This would be done in your personal character creation topic, with a short post here to draw attention to what you are doing there if you fail to ge an answer after a while.

From what I can understand of the experimentation process for Vulgar Alchemy (TMRE pp.32-35), if the magus select materials that currently provide a bonus for what you are trying to achieve (such as "Bandages" which provide a +4 bonus for "healing wounds", as per ArM5 p.110), they will consume experimentation points first, so they make it more difficult to discover new bonuses (although they still increase the lab total, so it is not a complete loss). So choose you components carefully.

I missed bandages, and was trying to fix that gaping hole! Somehow I didnt see it in the master list. Scratch bandage! someone did that job already :slight_smile:

@Arthur also I appreciate you reading all my character gen and helping it get through so we can start playing. I know it is demanding on you, so thanks a bunch!

1 Like

I think this is a great concept, I even imagine some story similar to Hagrid's backstory involving a Mercere Magus marrying a giantess or something. I think it also hits at areas we haven't really explored or looked into with other concepts very much. However, I have already liked the other two new players, so I don't want to commit to doing stuff for everybody.

I agree! Someone interested in magical creatures is a cool idea :slight_smile:

So, would you be willing to create and run stories for that magus? If so, add a like to the concept post! :slight_smile:

Done! I forget the like functionality.

Though it must be said, I want in on some of the magic creature stories. I might have written some into my background because I like them.

That's the advantage of having several of the other players creating stories for a given concept. Sometimes several magi can join in a story.

I'm going to give it a second like because I think we can split this - creatures that threaten the covenant, Wolfgang will be involved and I'll not want to be the SG. Quests to go out and find exotic creatures for menagerie or whatever, Wolfgang won't be involved and I can see running those (so maybe Marcus can be involved).

1 Like

Looks like you are a go for that concept! :smiley:

I'm creating a "Character Creation" topic for your characters, Pralix.

I'd like to play:

Infirmus ex Mercere
House Mercere isn't picky, they take what they can get. They also have a slight tendency for inbreeding. So, they made this young man an apprentice despite his frail body. And he is grateful. He has shown huge talent to improve the human body and even at gauntlet, his longevity rituals are nothing to sneeze at. His quest for better people has led him to dabble in necromancy though.

Story ideas:

• Anything a well-meaning nerd can blunder into outside the lab?
  • Rivalry among CrCo experts?
  • Wanting to help but being limited in interaction by the Gift?
  • Being mistaken for a diabolist because of his necromancy?

Are you looking to focus on stat increasing rituals? I have a major magical focus that sort of includes that at the moment, so we will be overlapping or able to support each other.

Is that okay for you? Or should my character be focused on longevity rituals then? How broad is your character's focus?