Character Creation for Plot_Device (OOC)

Depends on how bad the cave is to begin with... one casting (Base 4, Touch, Mom, Part) = 1 cubic pace, but that's a decent-sized area when flatted out to a few inches thick. (88x88x6 inches, for instance). May be an objectionable use of Perdo and require Rego, I suppose, in which case he can't.

Perdo usually leave things worse, and with your wizard's sigil the surface would probably be patterned symetrically. Not a problem for the ceiling, but the floor wouldn't be smooth.

Mostly theorical anyway. :slight_smile:

I was looking at other people familiars while thinking about my own and that prompted a few questions: is Kiefskala really grog-level? The amount of Virtues and Flaws indicate a companion (grog-level magical animals should also abide by 3 points of V&F and no major V&F and Q&I). I saw the discussions above about you wanting a familiar that can take a beating, maybe it should be companion-level in the end? But well, even dropping, say, tough, or one of variable power, Kiefskala still has impressive stats, powers and soak, so there wouldn't be much impact to combat power overall.

A minor side note, Kiefskala is a summer character, but it has just hatched right? Dragons do mature quickly in some legends, but maybe spring? You could achieve about half the current stats without losing any ability. Anyway, just a minor consideration, I don't see any problem with summer.

The guidelines for creating familiars in this saga have been refined over time. Is Kiefskala a bit more powerful? Perhaps. But I'm for leaving it unchanged. Too much bother and trouble going back and revising everything, IMNSHO.

1 Like

Ok. I'm not really trying to get anything changed or rewritten, sorry if I seem a bit meddlesome. I'm mostly thinking out loud (well, typing out loud), and parsing the rules for magical beasts on RoP:M has been giving me a bit of trouble.

And sorry @Plot_Device if I angered you in some way, it wasn't my intention.

It's fine to ask questions in order to understand how things work and how they should be applied to the saga. It's an integral part of troupe play. So long as we all understand that sometimes rules may be bent on a case-by-case basis. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not angered, I didn't notice about the virtues, probably should adjust. I would downgrade the major flaw to minor and lose Puissant Brawl.

The xp is a bigger deal, I kind of feel you re: spring, but there's a big difference between the different seasons. Need to look at it when I get home.

Getting spoindra to be halway competent at near anything as a spring character was a nightmare, let me tell you :slight_smile:

Well if you went through that suffering I should too. We at least get free Native right?

There are certain animal traits that have an innate skill rating, we should probably take those into consideration for all familiars.

Just relax and have fun - rule of cool

You are right, the difference between spring and summer is kinda big. Don't bother with it, I raised the subject because I was looking for inspiration and guidelines and got caught up in the math.
(And, if Kiefskala is stronger than it's less likely for Regulus to die if I ask your help to hunt a renegade magus someday. =P)

The time you would waste reworking Kiefskala stats is better spent taking it (him, her, them?) into the wild to search for the mystical cave. =9

No more mystical cave, you're looking at the old version :stuck_out_tongue:

So, I have an idea for a story. Not something to run right now. Att his moment I'm just planting the seed.

The gist of it: Phillipus Niger is sure to provide his support for us joining the Rhine. He mentions in a letter that if Wolfgang manages to accomplish a small task it would be possible to convince a fellow magus from the Ash Gild to also give their support. The small task puts Wolfgang as an envoy to call in an old favor from an archmage. I'm still working on the specifics, but it wouldn't have any direct confrontation (probably).

Sounds interesting?

1 Like

That could help the covenant secure a vote from a covenant that is currently uncertain. I like that.

2 Likes