Character Creation for Sauryan

Readgin the descriptions of Clement (Against the Dark) and Clemens (Guardians of the Forest), it doesn't look like these are the same magus. So I will treat them as separate. He's a bit young to have trained an apprentice (remember that the saga started in 1207 instead of the usual 1220), but I can change that.

In fact, Clement could be an earlier filius of Janus.

Their plans, however, came crashing down when they were assigned different duties. Tis means that they have to struggle to see each other as often as they would like. Gaines, who completed his apprenticeship a few years before Csilla, has asked for an assignment in the Rhine, but so far his efforts haven't been rewarded.

Not the most efficient distribution of xp in the Arts. Looking at your spells, the Arts that you actually use are In, Mu, Re, Me, and Vi, with only a tiny little bit of An and Co. Some concentration would help her achieve some better results.

For example, bumping up a score from 0 to 4 is only a season's worth of study in most cases, because a primer summa is easy to get hold of (particularly for a Tremere or a member of Fengheld). Having to spend a Fatigue Level casting a utility spell like Eyes of the Cat isn't a big deal. So getting rid of the scores in Mu, Co and Te would free up 21 points. This would be enough to bring up In or Me to 11. Reducing Re to 0 would allow you to bring up the other one to 10.

But this is up to you! Just some food for thought. :slight_smile:

I haven't taken a close look at the abilities, but at first glance they look fine, if a bit scattered. Again, a bit more focus would help her achieve her initial goals better.

Ok last change ^^ and we are good to go !

[size=150]Csilla of Tremere [/size]
Characteristic : Int+2 Pe 0 Str -2 Sta +2 Pre 0 Com +5 Dex -1 Qui -1
Personality: Organized +3, Secretive +2 Precise +1
Children : 5
Size -1
Height 5'1"
Weight 99lbs
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score :0 (2)
Confidence : 1(3)
Pater: Janus of Tremere (Coeris)

Virtue :
The Gift
Hermetic Magus
Gentle Gift
Affinity Intellego
Affinity Mentem
Personal Vis Source (Mentem) (rp / she prefer study in vis)
Free Study
Greater Communication X2
Good Teacher

Flaw:
Rigid Magic
Ambition : Become an archmagus
Wrathful (Minor)
True Love (minor)
Small Frame
Weird Magic

Arts

Art Score Xp
Cr 0 0
In 10 60
Mu 4 10
Pe 0 0
Re 6 21
An 3 6
Aq 0 0
Au 0 0
Co 5 15
He 0 0
Ig 0 0
Im 0 0
Me 9 45
Te 0 0
Vim 7 28

Abilities :

Concentration (Spell) 2(15)
Finesse (Precision) 1 (5)
Magic Theory (Inventing Spell) 3 (30)
Tremere Lore ( Secret) 1 (5)
Parma Magica ( Mentem) 1 (5)
Penetration (Mentem) 1 (5)

Artes Liberales (Ceremonial Magic) 1 (5)
Faerie Lore ( Regio) 1 (5)
Magic Lore (Regio) 1 (5)
Philosophy (Ceremonial Magic) 1 (5)

Area Lore Transylvania : (Magic Regio location) 1 (5) s
Athletics (Running) 1 (5)
Awareness (Searching ) 1 (5)
Brawl (Dodging) 1 (5)
Carouse (Sexuality) 1 (5)
Charm (Reputation) 2 (15)
Folken (Magi) 1 (5)
Guile (Elaborate Lie) 1 (5)
Intrigue (Gathering Info) 2 (15)
Lang: Hungarian (Hermetic Usage) 5 (75)
Lang: Latin (Writing) 4 (50)
Survival (Forest) 1 (5)
Teaching (Cours Particulier) 1 (5)

Spell Known
• Posing the Silent Question (B15+Eye+1Conc) InMe25 CT: 19 ( Based on the rp interrogating Prisonner for the house)
• Thought Within Babble (B5+1Conc +3Hearing) InMe25 CT:19 ( Based on the rp interrogating Prisonner for the house)
• Call to Slumber (B4 +2Voice) ReMe 10 CT:15 ((Based on the rp interrogating Prisonner for the house)
• Piercing the Magic Veil (B3 +1 Conc+4 Vision) InVi 20 CT: 15 ( Based on the rp to live with a magic human community)
• Piercing the Faerie Veil (B3+1Conc +4Vision) InVi 20 CT:15 ( Developped by her pater in case of)
• Eye of Cat (B2+1touch+2Sun) MuCo/An5 CT:6 ( Eyes must see in the dark to unreveal real truth)
• Whisper Through the Black Gate(B5+1touc+1Con) InCo 15 CT: 17 ( Based on her pater Necromancer competence)

Personal Vis Source : The Wrathful guard : a small, intricately wrought silver coffer, whose lid is inlaid with mother of pearl and carved in the shape of a Owl, this box collect the stray thought of nearby people and can calm expunge excessive emotion into small silver coin. Each coin Mentem Vis, She produce about 3 pawn/year Total Vis Owned (5 Mentem)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qvx-hGumids-5jowyzojEsrCMgFKOlrx6a6jLg9sa14/edit#gid=387150947

Almost there!

However, in this version we are back with the Str -2 and Sta +2 problem. Probably just a copy-paste error.

I also did a detailed check on the xp and there are a few problems. This is mostly a problem with the xp distribution by phase of life. Here's the best distribution I can come up with... and it still doesn't work even if I accept some rather strange specialties.

Early Childhood

• Magyar (Hungarian) 5: according to AtD p.10, that would be the correct language for what you listed as Hungarian
  • Area Lore: Transylvanian Tribunal (regiones) 1: 5 xp --> I'm putting it in this phase of life because of the background as the daughter of a magus, but that is really stretching as this means she would have learned about the Tribunal and regiones before she was 5 years old?
  • Athletics (running) 1: 5 xp
  • Awareness (searching) 1: 5 xp
  • Brawl (dodging) 1: 5 xp
  • Charm (reputation) 1: 5 xp
  • Guile (elaborate lie) 1: 5 xp
  • Survival (forest) 1: 5 xp

That is all I can come up with that fits the list of allowed Abilities. The characgter is still 10 xp short of what should have been spent during that phase of life.

Later Life

From age 5 to age 10, that is 5 years at 15 xp per year, thus 75 xp.

• Carouse (sexuality) 1: 5 xp --> the specialty is questionable if this was learned between age 5 and 10...
  • Concentration (spell) 3: 30 xp --> specialty is problématic if she learned all of this before apprenticeship
  • Intrigue (gathering info) 1: 5 xp
  • Organization Lore: House Tremere (secrets) 1: 5 xp
  • Teaching (one-on-one) 1: 5 xp

And that is all I can put into this phase of life, for a total of just 50 xp (instead of 75). Everything else is restricted to apprenticeship, because these are Academic or Arcane Abilities, or Magical Arts.

Apprenticeship

The rest of your Abilities, as well as your Magical Arts, must fall within this phase of life. But the total if 265 xp instead of 240:

• Artes Liberales (ceremonial magic) 1: 5 xp
  • Latin (writing) 4: 50 xp
  • Philosophiae (ceremonial magic) 1: 5 xp
  • Faerie Lore (regiones) 1: 5 xp
  • Finesse (precision) 1: 5 xp
  • Magic Lore (regiones) 1: 5 xp
  • Magic Theory (inventing spells) 3: 30 xp
  • Parma Magica (Mentem) 1: 5 xp
  • Penetration (Mentem) 1: 5 xp
  • Intellego 10 (5 xp over): 40 xp *1.5 for affinity
  • Muto 4: 10 xp
  • Rego 6: 21 xp
  • Animal 3: 6 xp
  • Corpus 5: 15 xp
  • Mentem 9: 30 xp *1.5 for affinity
  • Vim 7: 28 xp

If you want to check why calculus i use a gdoc sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qvx-hGumids-5jowyzojEsrCMgFKOlrx6a6jLg9sa14/edit?usp=sharing

So if i understand you well :

Early Childhood
ArM5 p.31, Early Childhood wrote:
In the first five years of life, characters gain a score of 5 in their native language and 45 experience points to divide between (Area) Lore (for the place or places the character is growing up), Athletics, Awareness, Brawl, Charm, Folk Ken, Guile, Living Language (other than the character’s native language), Stealth, Survival, and Swim.

Magyar (Hungarian) 5: according to AtD p.10, that would be the correct language for what you listed as Hungarian
Area Lore: Transylvanian Tribunal (regiones) 1: 5 xp --> I'm putting it in this phase of life because of the background as the daughter of a magus, but that is really stretching as this means she would have learned about the Tribunal and regiones before she was 5 years old?
Athletics (running) 1: 5 xp
Awareness (searching) 1: 5 xp
Brawl (dodging) 1: 5 xp
Charm (reputation) 1: 5 xp
Guile (elaborate lie) 1: 5 xp
Survival (forest) 1: 5 xp

Later Life
ArM5 p.31, Later Life wrote:
After early childhood, the character gains 15 experience points per year, which may be placed in any Abilities, as long as the character has a Virtue that permits her to learn those Abilities. Academic, Arcane, and Martial Abilities require a Virtue, as do Supernatural Abilities.

From age 5 to age 10, that is 5 years at 15 xp per year, thus 75 xp.
Carouse (sexuality) 1: 5 xp --> the specialty is questionable if this was learned between age 5 and 10... she could had learn how to drink
Concentration (spell) 3: 30 xp --> specialty is problématic if she learned all of this before apprenticeship ( i erased then Concentration which give us 30 xp to go somewhere else)
Intrigue (gathering info) 2: 15 xp
Organization Lore: House Tremere (secrets) 1: 5 xp
Teaching (one-on-one) 1: 5 xp
And that is all I can put into this phase of life, for a total of just 50 xp (instead of 75). Everything else is restricted to apprenticeship, because these are Academic or Arcane Abilities, or Magical Arts.
So if understand it well there is till 25 xp left which could be put in Charm and Intrigue
which would raise the total of
Intrigue (gathering info) 2:15 xp
and
Charm (reputation) 3: 30 xp

Then we have 5xp left which could go to
Magic Lore 1 5xp(she lived in a Regio with Magic human)

Apprenticeship
ArM5 p.32, Apprenticeship wrote:
The fifteen years of apprenticeship give the character 240 experience points, and 120 levels of spells. These experience points can be spent on Arts or Abilities, including Arcane, Academic, and Martial Abilities.

The rest of your Abilities, as well as your Magical Arts, must fall within this phase of life. But the total if 265 xp instead of 240: (dont forget i did use the bith affinity to work the total out

Artes Liberales (ceremonial magic) 1: 5 xp
Concentration 1(5xp)
Latin (writing) 4: 50 xp
Philosophiae (ceremonial magic) 1: 5 xp
Finesse (precision) 1: 5 xp
Magic Theory (inventing spells) 3: 30 xp
Parma Magica (Mentem) 1: 5 xp
Penetration (Mentem) 1: 5 xp
Intellego 10 (5 xp over): 40 xp *1.5 for affinity
Muto 4: 10 xp
Rego 6: 21 xp
Animal 3: 6 xp