character design and development

Benedito rolled a 9 for medical assistance, with int:2, medicine:10, which makes the roll by- a significant margin, giving Gloriana a +10 to survive the crisis. Remember that she will need to re-apply her longevity ritual (or do a new on) after the crisis passes, and will still have gained the decrepitude from the crisis.

I don't think she has a Longevity Ritual. If she did, she wouldn't need to worry about surviving! From the last paragraph of pg 168

In case you wondering, this wonderful feature isn't mentioned under Longevity Rituals or Crisis. When I was looking for it I thought I had misremembered until I stumbled across it.

This is why its dangerous to go without a Longevity Ritual even if you have absurd aging bonuses.

Aurthor will cast the Aegis.

As QPaC notes, Gloriana has not created her Longevity Ritual, foolishly hoping to achieve a Breakthru before enacting it. Her Stamina roll: _: 1D10 = [10] = 10, :unamused: well, here goes nothing! _: 1D10 = [1] = 1 , no botch, she survives! (+5 Sta + 10 Medicine vs 6). Poor Evangalos Potter.

Hi, raccoonmask!

In 1142, Andros teaches Neleos spells:
Andros has a MuCo 63 when teaching self-transformation spells + 3 Int + 11 MT (Creo) + 12 Simian Rex + 15 lab (+1 Re/+ 1 Creo/ +4GQ/+9 Spells) + 7 Aura = 108, -2 1 day over 10 out of lab = 106
•Gift of the Bear's Fortitude (MuCo 25)
•Whispers Through the Black Gate (InCo 15)
•Lamp Without Flame (CrIg 10)
•Ward Against Heat and Flames (ReIg 20)
•Veil of Invisibility (PeIm15) - note R:personal
•Pit of the Gaping Earth (PeTe 15)
•See the Vis (InVi 5)

All of these spells individually are within Neleos's Lab Totals,
Warping shenanigans, none! _: 1D10 = [7] = 7
Neleos will have to research a lot of his Perdo spells to give them durations or to find some way to work around his strange Flaw.

For 1142,

Gloriana/MR have an adventure in Spring, must resolve. Done!
Aging _: 1D10 = [1] = 1 ,_: 1D10 = [1] = 1 no! _: 1D10 = [9] = 9 jeez!!! +6 age - 2 Magi standards - 2 Healthy Feature - 1 Good food - 1 Good wine -1 Regimen - 4 Bronze cord = 31, Gain 5 aging points in Str, crisis _: 1D10 = [9] = 9 + (Age/10 rounded up =6) + 1 new Decrepitude = 16, serious illness, roll Sta 6 to survive or CrCo20 to survive. Can she cast the CrCo ritual on herself? This means her Winter plans are dashed, and she will not be able to cast the Aegis, or help others with crisis themselves.
She survives, barely

Andros/SR have an adventure in Spring and 1 in Summer, must resolve. Done, will advance:
Spring: Neleos is taught spells: Andros has a MuCo 63 when teaching self-transformation spells + 3 Int + 11 MT (Creo) + 12 Simian Rex + 15 lab (+1 Re/+ 1 Creo/GQ/+9 Spells) + 7 Aura = 108, -2 1 day over 10 out of lab = 106
•Gift of the Bear's Fortitude (MuCo 25)
•Whispers Through the Black Gate (InCo 15)
•Lamp Without Flame (CrIg 10)
•Ward Against Heat and Flames (ReIg 20)
•Veil of Invisibility (PeIm15) - note R:personal
•Pit of the Gaping Earth (PeTe 15)
•See the Vis (InVi 5)
All of these spells individually are within Neleos's Lab Totals
Warping shenanigans, none! _: 1D10 = [7] = 7
Summer Talisman: Unscathed in Vesuvius, Attunement of Mercury +5 to Muto
Warping Shenanigans: _: 1D10 = [6] = 6 , none!
Fall Talisman
"Know the Wearer's Style" InMe 30, from Core, item reads wearer's mind, this will be to control/activate other powers 3 Me pawns, Attunement of Basalt +3 to Perdo
Warping shenanigans: _: 1D10 = [7] = 7
, none!
Andros is 80 years old!
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [6] = 6 + 8 Age - 2 magi Standards- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine -3 familiar bond- 6 LR - 1 Regimen - 1 Palatial Lab = -3 nothing happens

Danaë has adventures in Spring and Winter, must resolve. Done!
Aging roll _: 1D10 = [9] = 9 +6 Age - 2 Magi standards - 2 Healthy feature -1 Good Food - 1 Good wine -1 Magic blood - 1 Regimen= 7 nothing happens (Unaging)

Sandor has adventures everywhere, must resolve. Done!

Sybilla has a couple of adventures, must resolve. Done! She creates a Superior Loom in Summer, I had miscalculated how high her stats have to be to create an Excellent one with sizable bonuses. She will increase her Woodworking to create a better one. She creates in Winter 2 Figurines for Prosperina's use Good Teacher (year Long), Prosperina Puissant Teacher (2 Seasons). Hopefully Mother survives her sickness!

Lady A has a few adventures, must resolve. Done!
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [2] = 2 + 6 Age - 2 Wealthy- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine - 14 LR- 1 Monstrous Blood - 1 Regimen = -14 no change
Her husband's aging: _: 1D10 = [10] = 10 + Age 8 - 2 Wealthy - 2 Healthy location - 1 Food - 1 Wine - 1 regimen= 1 no apparent aging!

ARDUINO
Spring
Enchant two more Statuettes of Instant Refuge.
Arduino expends also a pawn of Vim fixing an arcane connection to his lab.
Summer
Enchant the Flying Shield lesser item (ReTe 42):
LT: Int 5 + MT 13 + Aura 7 + Re 28[sup]F[/sup] + Te 18 + Lab 7 + Inventive Genius 3 + Craft 6 + S&M 3 + Forge Companions 1 = 91
Arduino expends also a pawn of Vim fixing an arcane connection to the item.

AURTHOR
Fall
Aurthor tries to get an insight for vis-less rituals from Hyperborean tapestry's power Apollo Soothing Relief:
Insight roll: Int 5 + Magic Theory (Experiment) 11 + Inventive Genius 3 + Ancient Hyperborean 2 - Profaned 3 + _: 1D10 = [1] = 1 > _: 1D10 = [9] = 9 = 36 -> Aurthor gets his insight
Winter
Aurthor tries to invent the vis-less ritual, is this the CrCo 20 GENTLE TOUCH OF THE PURIFIED BODY silveroak ?

Anna is also going sans ritual, but she's counting on her Death Prophecy and Divine favor to shut down all that pesky aging.

to many, dying of old age in front of a roaring fire might be considered a sign of divine favor... be careful what you assume...

Also, you can be alive with your palsied hands chopped off, lame left leg, and four levels of decrepitude.

Anna has unaging so she doesn't need to worry about that. Right now she has 0 aging points. Really, I should invest in lab HT bonuses. Anyone have any ideas for HT boosting enchantments?

[strike]Question: What's the effective "age" of Faerie characters?[/strike] Nevermind: Found it.

Also Anna was able to hit 52 for Markus's longevity ritual!

New Apprentice Character for Aurthor. Thoughts? Ideas?

Name: Raz
Personality Traits: Daydreams+1, Secretive+3, Caring+2
Characteristics: Com+1 Int+2 Pre+5 Per+0 Dex+0 Sta-2 Str+0 Qik+0
Virtues: The Gift, Affinity for Cult Lore, Affinity for Magic Theory, Apt Student, Unaging, Great Presence*2, Premonitions (Divine), Puissant with Cult Lore, Puissant with Magic Theory, Venus's Blessing
Flaws: Difficult Longevity Ritual, Secretive, Raised in a Gutter, Twilight Prone, Incompatible Arts (PeAn, PeHe), Uncertain Faith

Abilities: Italian 5, Athletics 2, Awareness 2, Brawl 3, Carouse 2, Charm 3, Folk Ken 2, Intrigue 2, Legerdemain 2, Leadership 3 (thugs), Premonitions 4, Stealth 2,

Raz is basically a street rat turned criminal. Abandoned by her parents at an early age, and forced to survive on her own she has picked up a smattering of tricks. Her saving grace was learning how to get premonitions of danger. Her premonitions don't always work, but its enough that a robin-hood type criminal is willing to use her. She makes a decent leader of a pack of thugs too although she's only done that rarely. She's heard vague distorted stories of an order of magi. She thinks it would be amazing if a handsome, rich, powerful wizard took her in and made her his apprentice, but she knows things like that don't happen in the real world. Or at least almost never...

P.S. The council did pay for Markus's longevity ritual right? If not Anna can trade her technique vis at 1:1 for vim or corpus, right?

Edit: See new version of Raz later

You cannot take offensive to animals if you have the Gift unless it is a gentle Gift.

Hi Quite Possibly a Cat! No Major Hermetic Virtue?
Also, what in her background granted her Divine Premonitions?

I would think so, this was approved. Gloriana will also trade most of her milked Vim for Co, as agreed as well, to craft a Longevity Ritual for the potter.

Also, had asked how much vis of account Danaë could trade for actual Pe and Animal pawns.

The character is also missing an age, though I suppose that could be reverse-engineered by the abilities. My quick napkin math suggests her age is nine and a half >.> I'll stay away from themes, but noting that the Apprentices rules some of those hermetic virtues/flaws might be inherited since they wouldn't manifest until the Gift opened.

I believe the council did pay for it.

Whoops, I had assumed that Offensive would just stack.

No Hermetic virtues at all actually. She can learn those during apprenticeship if she's lucky.

The Divine! Obviously.

Sometimes the Divine works in mysterious ways. Maybe it supports robbing the rich to feed the poor. Maybe it supports beating down rich people who abuse their power. I suppose I could change it. What inspired it was that if she was going to use premonitions to detect for danger in the city, she'd have real difficulty with the Divine Aura. So its less that her backstory gave it to her, but more that her backstory required it.

Name: Raz
Personality Traits: Daydreams+1, Secretive+3, Caring+2
Characteristics: Com+1 Int+2 Pre+5 Per+0 Dex+0 Sta-2 Str+0 Qik+0
Virtues: The Gift, Affinity for Cult Lore, Affinity for Magic Theory, Apt Student, Unaging, Great Presence*2, Premonitions (Divine), Puissant with Cult Lore, Puissant with Magic Theory, Venus's Blessing
Flaws: Difficult Longevity Ritual, Secretive, Raised in a Gutter, Twilight Prone, Incompatible Arts (PeAn, PeHe), Uncertain Faith

Raz is basically a street rat turned criminal. Abandoned by her parents at an early age, and forced to survive on her own she has picked up a smattering of tricks. Her saving grace was learning how to get premonitions of danger. Her premonitions don't always work, but its enough that a robin-hood type criminal is willing to use her. She makes a decent leader of a pack of thugs too although she's only done that rarely. She's heard vague distorted stories of an order of magi. She thinks it would be amazing if a handsome, rich, powerful wizard took her in and made her his apprentice, but she knows things like that don't happen in the real world. Or at least almost never...

Abilities: Italian 5, Athletics 2, Awareness 2, Brawl 3, Carouse 2, Charm 3, Folk Ken 2, Intrigue 2, Legerdemain 2, Leadership 3 (thugs), Premonitions 4, Stealth 2,

he could trade for 30 Pe and 65 Animal

Thanks, Danaë is a she! :laughing: She will indeed trade this much, as she will need vis on hand.
She has several long-term goals in mind:
•erase her bad reputation flaw, and then ask the Mercere to retire from messenger service. Might take 8 more years, she has been delivering for 34 years! She would still be available to go on adventures for her House, and she would train an apprentice, and have sons/daughters to keep the bloodline going. She also is looking to write some books to earn more vis. She is restless, might not happen for a while.
•She wishes to undergo sahir Initiations into 2 of the Techniques, Solomonic Travel and Physic, perhaps Solomonic Storytelling. Each one requires another strong sahir, around 15 vis for the ceremony, a strong jinn, and would inflict 2 Warping on her. She already has a good rep with the OoS (3), and with jinn in general (2)
•She wishes to go on adventures with all Locri inhabitants who can grant virtues, and bargain with them for their Gifts, sort of a heroic journey of improvement. This again, will require vis. She has Area Lore Locri 4 and Magic Lore 5, has gone on adventures with everyone, and is a Busybody, so she should have most every being's abilities classified.

Leaf and Blossom have settled on 5 pawns of vis as their price, although Leaf would also accept a good book or two.

Hmm... with that though Blossom is going to grant improved characteristics to Anna and all Blossom's siblings. eldarin, this means Bravery gets Improved Characteristics