character design and development

Hmm, so if I drop Good Teacher (+1) and Difficult Spontaneus Magic (-1) I should be fine?

yes, however keep in mind that this is your teacher for your main character you are making. Good teacher might not be the best virtue to drop.

Good point, I'll drop Inventive Genius then.

go ahead and add Eumelia in 1121, I'm going to assign her to Leo, she comes in with her apprentice already as per the backstory, but unopened. She will also need to either set up a lab or take over the abandoned lab...

regarding Neleos- the only issue is the Theban Tribunal, which has a very different way of allocating apprentices- could we relocate his back story to a Greek Colony (or former Greek colony) outside of the Theban tribunal? Malta would be interesting as it is technically outside any current tribunal, though it would be likely to be claimed by the Roman tribunal, or of course there were multiple colonies and places ruled by Greece in Apulia (south eastern Italy) until they were conquered by the Normans in the 1090's...

silveroak, Gloriana managed a Fertility Insight in Winter. What form will it take?

I'm more than happy to kick him to Apulia. I admit my knowledge of tribunal-specific policies and rules is limited. I need to decide if I want to be the Abandoned Apprentice story flaw, or be 14 with educational virtues... which seems old for an apprentice. I'll work on him over the week.

what was the source of her insight?

One of the figurines, there were 5, and this is the third one she is successful with.

Hasn't Evandrus also gotten three insights from figurines? I think he has. And since there are only five figurines that would mean she's repeating one of his. Oh hey, Evandrus should probably write out his insight texts.

Yep, she has! If Evandrus writes down his Insights, once he hits the Fertility virtue itself (let's face it, Gloriana is one day late and a dollar short in this race), she can go for the Fertility Lore skill break thru, and share those goodies.

I should remind you that Evandrus also promised his sodales to write down his LR discovery lab text from Pazzino's LR, and he hasn't yet put it in the library! :smiley:

Before I begin the crazy rolling fest, silveroak, can you confirm that Aurthor apparently needs 14 aging rolls? (Going on 15 now I think)
Also, at what point should I add the xp to Aurthor's sheet? I have trouble following if all the adventures have gone through. (Not that I went into any.) Can I assume no problems with the lower level flying spell, since no experimentation?

silveroak, regarding my apprentice possibilities, I changed Neleos to being from Apulia per your suggestion. As he is right now, he's been kidnapped before his Tytalus master was at all vested in him. It's the simplest option, with few entanglements. There are a few options I could do to make the character more realized:

1. Trade faerie friend for Abandoned Apprentice, add a bit of time to represent his training in Latin and MT. I don't particularly like the AA flaw, because it requires him to have his arts opened, and I was hoping to have that done by whoever picks him up.
  2. Advance him to 14 to pick up Educated virtue, to allow him to be trained in Latin. Not particularly fond of this due to late starting apprenticeship age.
  3. Theoretically I could throw in Covenant Upbringing to represent spending half his life in a covenant. Would this be acceptable? *preferred
    I also added a couple of other options, like grabbing Enemy instead of Faerie Friend, or taking Student of Faerie to represent him becoming tied to Faerie stories via his 'purchase', or Self Confident to represent his time with the Tytalus Mage. If you tell me which of these ideas you prefer, I can push him into production.

As I recall there were no problems with the flying spell. I don't see where any aging rolls have been recorded, but based on where there is a variation in style of documentation that would seem correct.
All of the adventures have gone through, documentation of xp is in the adventures in brief thread, though it may require some degree of searching to find them that far back.

I am fine with covenant upbringing but would prefer to avoid abandoned apprentice as well. Covenant upbringing will allow for starting points to be put into Latin.

Re-checked math, including 1120, I need 16 rolls. So, ritual +21, lab Health +2, covenant livin' +1, total of 24 bonus. Age is 4 for the first 8(total -20), and 5 for the second 8(total -19)
* Age rolls for 37-44:
37: 1D10-20 = [1]-20 = -19
38: 1D10-20 = [8]-20 = -12
39: 1D10-20 = [4]-20 = -16
40: 1D10-20 = [8]-20 = -12
41: 1D10-20 = [1]-20 = -19
42: 1D10-20 = [8]-20 = -12
43: 1D10-20 = [6]-20 = -14
44: 1D10-20 = [1]-20 = -19

* stress dice for 37, 41, and 44:
37+ 1D10 = [5] = 5 (x2-20=-10)
41+ 1D10 = [2] = 2 (x2-20 = -16)
44+ 1D10 = [7] = 7 (x2-20 = -6)

* age rolls for 45-52 (through 1120):
45: 1D10-19 = [10]-19 = -9
46: 1D10-19 = [7]-19 = -12
47: 1D10-19 = [10]-19 = -9
48: 1D10-19 = [1]-19 = -18
49: 1D10-19 = [2]-19 = -17
50: 1D10-19 = [7]-19 = -12
51: 1D10-19 = [9]-19 = -10
52: 1D10-19 = [9]-19 = -10

* stress die for age 48:
1D10 = [2] = 2

So there you have it, no apparent aging!

Note that Lab Health only gives a +1 bonus to Aging rolls for every +2 Health (not that you needed that extra bonus)
From Covenants p.111:
"The Health score adds to any Wound Recovery rolls for inhabitants of the lab. Also, half of the Health score (rounded down) adds to the Living Conditions (used for Aging rolls) for inhabitants, provided that they spend at least half of the year there"

The Covenant has a +2 Health modifier Boons (really healthy!), and currently +1 because of good food, +1 because of good wine, and +2 Magi Standards.

So I misread some of the things, but apparently Aurthor is the blushing youth of health. He's basically hale. Are those numbers written down anywhere on the wiki? I did a quick look but didn't find anything, and based my numbers on what Aurthor had before, modified by an increase in health for his lab.

The Healthy Feature (minor boon) x2 is in the Boons and Hooks section

The others I think silveroak has been informing us when they are achieved, probably in the Council thread, though that would require some digging!

I've added the accounting under setting notes

Hi silveroak, haven't filled out some things waiting on this: "one of the figurines, there were 5, and this is the third one she is successful with". One that Evandrus has already used, don't know which one.