character design and development

I have no plans for the child.

No real plans on how to build him. I was just planning on trying to teach him everything Anna knew. He'll be one of the most absurdly over trained apprentices you ever did see!

For 1135

Gloriana/MR have adventures in the Fall, will advance until then. Done!
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [8] = 8 +5 age - 2 Magi standards - 2 Healthy Feature - 1 Good food - 1 Good wine -1 Regimen - 4 Bronze cord = 2, no apparent aging., whew!

Andros/SR have adventures in Spring, must resolve. Done, will advance for the year.
Invent MuIg(Te) Spells Ig(Te) lab total 29 + 3 Int + 10 MT +6 Aura + 12 Lab + Neleos 9 + Srex 12 = 81 Trapping the Fire variant Mu(Re)Ig(Te) 30 R:V D:Conc T:Group, Hornet Fire Mu(Re)Ig 10 as Core; Warping shenanigans: _: 1D10 = [3] = 3 none!
Reinvent Sight of the Molting Magus InCo 25, and Invent The Whole from the Part InCo 20. InCo Lab Total = 39 + 3 Int + 10 MT +6 Aura + 12 Lab + Neleos 9 + Srex 12 + 5 Similar spell, need 90, done, Warping shenanigans:_: 1D10 = [4] = 4 , none
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [1] = 1 oops! _: 1D10 = [4] = 4 + 8 Age - 2 magi Standards- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine-3 familiar bond- 6 LR - 1 Regimen - 1 Palatial Lab =-1, nothing happens

Danaë has adventures in Spring, must resolve. Done, will advance until Summer. Done for the year.
_: 1D10 = [7] = 7+5 Age - 2Magi standards - 2 Healthy feature -1 Good Food - 1 Good wine -1 Magic blood - 1 Regimen= 4, nothing happens (Unaging)

Lady A has adventures in Summer, will advance for Spring. Done, will advance of year.
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [4] = 4 + 6 Age - 2 Wealthy- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine - 14 LR- 1 Monstrous Blood - 1 Regimen = -12 no change
Husband's aging roll: 69: _: 1D10 = [9] = 9 + Age 7 -2 Wealthy - 2 Healthy location - 1 Food - 1 Wine - 1 regimen= 9 apparent aging

Sandor has adventures in Spring, must resolve. Wohoo, QPAC took care of the War adventure, Summer done, will advance for the year.

Sybilla has adventures in Spring, must resolve. Done, will advance until Summer. Done, will advance for the year. She will craft in the Fall a Figurine for Mercurio that will grant him Affinity with Faerie Lore for a year (until the end of Fall 1136)

If I am going to take him over, I'd ideally like a story flaw and a personality flaw to play with.
If I remember correctly, Anna has a familiar curse. As Anna's heir, does he have the same Death Prophesy that's been plaguing her family? Or does being from the female line annul him? Assuming I'll be taking him over, for now can we give him a minor Fear of fire as a personality flaw(due to Mom!), which I'll probably switch to something else when he's older if he doesn't have the death prophesy. I

Given that he is born of a magical being and designed by ritual it has been uncertain if the family curse affects him- however you can certainly discover that it does as long as the new flaws and virtues balance and make sense for him to have developed at this point (or be inherited traits that will activate in the future)

We'll say no Death Prophesy, but he does have a minor Fear of Fire. Can I trade that for some future-decided minor virtue such as Social Contacts, Temporal Influence, or Inspirational (Or whatever seems story-appropriate as he ages towards 14?) In the meantime, I'll give him a personality trait as he develops into something more character-y.

1135 - SPRING

One more Insight roll for Aurthor questioning the ghost in the mirror about Hyperborea and its magic:

Insight roll: Int 5 + Magic Theory (Experiment) 11 + Inventive Genius 3 + Ancient Hyperborean 2 + _: 1D10 = [1] = 1 -> _: 1D10 = [9] = 9 => 18 = 34 -> success

This time Aurthor seems to get the insight without trouble, silveroak what is the discovery suggested by the ghost?

Instant feast of the traveler: CrAn(He) base:10, range:voice (+2 mag), target:group (+2 mag), +1 mag complexity (cooked food): level 35- this spell sings into existence a feast for up to 10 people which is nutritious and, on a good finesse roll, delicious.

Anna is advanced! In Late Winter she has a baby girl, Charity
Sta(5)+Aegis's Chirgurgy(3)+Stress(5)=13 Recovery-->To Light
Sta(5)+Aegis's Chirgurgy(3)+Stress(7)=15 Recovery-->Recovered!

Aegis, Leaf and Blossom should all be advanced now too.

I'm not quit sure what this is supposed to mean:
Ritual Power(Improved Characteristics), Variable Power (Age)
The variable power part makes sense, but looks lie it connects to the ritual power, which I'm not quite getting what it is supposed to do...

Derp. The ritual power should be Grant Improved characteristics. Its the "Grant (Minor Virtue)" ritual power. And the Variable power affects the ritual power. I tried to clarify that.

1135 - SUMMER
Let's try this one:

Risk modifier: 0
Final LT: CrAn(He) 68 + _: 1D10 = [6] = _: 1D10 = [9] = 9 = 77
1st roll for extraordinary results: _: 1D10 = [3] = 3 -> No extraordinary effects
2st roll for extraordinary results: _: 1D10 = [3] = 3 -> No extraordinary effects
Warped Lab roll: _: 1D10 = [10] = 10 > 1 -> Nothing strange happens

This time Aurthor has no surprises and gets his 7 breakthroughs points, along with the ability to set up banquets from nothing :smiley: .

1135 - FALL
Aurthor invents "Statue Tell of the Mind that Touch", he doesn't experiment (InTe LT of 70) but needs to roll for the warping caused by the Hyperborean ghost, he plans to get rid of it next year:

Warped Lab roll: _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 > 1 -> Nothing strange happens

raccoonmask, Sybilla will craft in the Fall a Figurine for Mercurio that will grant him Affinity with Faerie Lore for a year (until the end of Fall 1136), they probably spoke a lot about this subject in their Fall 1135 adventure.

The first Hyperborian inspiration lab text is for an enchantment made without vis- ReTe base 5 (shape unworked stone) with duration moment, range voice, target individual an unlimited number of times per day (total:25). This specific inspiration requires a lesser enchantment, and will cause the magus undertaking the enchantment 4 warping points. The second part of the lab notes are for creating such a lesser enchantment. The enchantment itself must be made on a bronze masons chisel (+5 shape and material bonus).

So basically Aurthor has the usual insight roll first. Then the enchantment of a 25th level effect (LT50+) with an additional roll for avoiding wizard's twlight (2+ warping points gained at once). Is it correct?

yes.
Also note that the breakthrough points will be for visless enchanting, not for vissless permanent casting.

For 1136

Gloriana/MR have adventures in the Winter, will advance until then. Done!
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [5] = 5 +5 age - 2 Magi standards - 2 Healthy Feature - 1 Good food - 1 Good wine -1 Regimen - 4 Bronze cord =-1, no apparent aging.
Aegis roll: _: 1D10 = [10] = 10, what! But she cannot botch, she has Mastery 3 + spends less vis (3 total) and has 5 Gold cord, still, it's a poor roll, + 3 Confidence => ReVi 31 + 5 Sta + 3 mastery + 10 AL/Phi + 6 Aura + 3 Confidence + 0 roll= 58 vs 30, 28 extra + 7 Penetration, 35 Penetration

Andros/SR have an adventure in Summer, will advance for Spring. Done!
Build a Tireless Servant as Lesser Enchanted Item: ReCo 45 + Int 3 + MT 10 + 6 Aura + Lab +4 + Neleos 11 + SRex 12 = 91- 8 (4 days of adventure) = 83, needed 80, spend 2 pawns Re, 2 pawns Co, warping shenanigans: _: 1D10 = [8] = 8, none!
Fall Lab Work, Circular Ward Against Faeries ReVi 20 (as Circular ward against Demons), Opening the Grog's Tunnel: Touch ReVi 25, as Opening the Intangible Tunnel 15, but R:T, spells up to level 35 can go through.; ReVi Lab Total = ReVi 44 + Int 3 + MT 10 + 6 Aura + Lab +5 + Neleos 11 + SRex 12 + 3 Similar spell + 2 Similar spell= 96, need 90 Lab Total, done! warping shenanigans: _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 = none
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 + 8 Age - 2 magi Standards- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine-3 familiar bond- 6 LR - 1 Regimen - 1 Palatial Lab =-2, nothing happens

Danaë has adventures from the get go, must resolve. Done!
Note that Danaë has reached a 3 Positive Rep with the OoHermes, so now she is spending xp to reduce her 3 negative rep from Infamous Master.
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [1] = 1 bah! _: 1D10 = [6] = 6 +5 Age - 2Magi standards - 2 Healthy feature -1 Good Food - 1 Good wine -1 Magic blood - 1 Regimen= 9, nothing happens (Unaging)

Sandor in the eternal War, must resolve. Done, jeez.

Lady A has an adventure in Summer, will advance for Spring. Done!
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [4] = 4 + 6 Age - 2 Wealthy- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine - 14 LR- 1 Monstrous Blood - 1 Regimen = -12 no change
Her husband: _: 1D10 = [3] = 3 + Age 7 -2 Wealthy - 2 Healthy location - 1 Food - 1 Wine - 1 regimen= 3 apparent aging

Sybilla has an adventure in the Fall, will advance for Spring/Summer. Done!

Ah, it's not for vis less spells! Maybe Aurthor stops after gaining the insight then.

A quick review of the other lab texts in the group show there are two more insights and one lab text for development of visless enchanting. It appears the magus doing this work may have gone into final twilight trying to complete the last lab.

So Aurthor could understand the topic of the notes without investing a season trying to get an insight.