character design and development

You believe you have an insight and must develop the relevant spell before you can proceed, but it provides no breakthrough points. In this case it is a Cr(Re)An spell which appears to mimic fertility rituals but merely ensures conception after putting the livestock into heat. Level is 35.

For 1134,

Andros has no adventures until Winter, will advance until then.
Summer: Invent Intellego spells: See the Other Realms InVi 25, Piercing the Heights, Plumbing the Depths InVi 25, Lab Total required is 100, InVi 38 + 3 Int + 10 MT +6 Aura + 13 Lab + Similar spells + 9 total + familiar 12 + Neleos 9 = 100 exactly! Warping shenanigans: _: 1D10 = [9] = 9 none! Fall: Invent spells : Arcane Tunnel (Core) ReVi 15, Circular Ward Against Demons ReVi 10, Gather the Essence of the Beast ReVi 15 and Aegis of the Hearth 25 (last 2 from Lab Texts) Has ReVi Lab Total: ReVi 44+ Int 3 + MT 10 + Aura 6 + Lab 13 + Neleos 9 + Srex 12 = 97, done, Warping shenanigans: _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 , none
Done for the year, will advance.
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [6] = 6 + 8 Age - 2 magi Standards- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine-3 familiar bond- 6 LR - 1 Regimen - 1 Palatial Lab =-3, nothing happens

Sandor and the War, man that just doesn't stop. Done! Will advance for the year.

Lady A has adventures in the Fall, will advance until then. Done for the year, will advance.
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [10] = 10 + 6 Age - 2 Wealthy- 2 healthy locale - 1 good food -1 good wine - 14 LR- 1 Monstrous Blood - 1 Regimen = -16 no change
Her husband's aging roll: 68: _: 1D10 = [8] = 8 + Age 7 -2 Wealthy - 2 Healthy location - 1 Food - 1 Wine - 1 regimen= 8 apparent aging

Sybilla has adventures in the Fall, will advance until then. She will create a Figurine for herself in the Fall, that will last 2 seasons, Affinity with Stealth, takes 1 month to craft, she can do this without rolling, has Careful with Craft as well, so no botch. Done for the year.

Danaë has an adventure in Spring, must resolve. Done, advanced for the year.
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [5] = 5 +5 Age - 2Magi standards - 2 Healthy feature -1 Good Food - 1 Good wine -1 Magic blood - 1 Regimen= 2, nothing happens (Unaging)

Gloriana has no adventures, will advance. Invent spell the Hero's Majesty for Danaë. Needs 120 CrMe, she has CrMe 53 +5 Int + 17 MT for Creo + 7 Lab + 6 Aura +12 similar spell (the Intelligence enhancer) + 11 familiar + 11 Sybilla = 122, She has sufficiently high CrMe that she will train Mercurio in Magic Theory, rather than use his +8 help raccoonmask, that's +19 xp (+ Apt Student if he has it) to MT rather than exposure. Rituals done!
Aging roll: _: 1D10 = [2] = 2 +5 age - 2 Magi standards - 2 Healthy Feature - 1 Good food - 1 Good wine -1 Regimen - 4 Bronze cord = -4, no apparent aging.

Well, this war ends in 1139, but by that point Roger has started a second war that lasts until 1149, having merged with the second crusade...

This feels like I'm watching sonmeone play a very slow version of Crusader Kings. Mwahaha.
Oli is not adventuring, I'll work on his advancements. Silveroak, Oliverius is hoping to cash in some of his vis of account for Vim and Terram if the rates are good.

Vim is always 1:1 for vis of account. You are also able to get terram at 1:1- apparently someone has traded a lot of Terram for other arts recently.

1134 - SUMMER
Eager to discover an alternative way to influence conceptions of living beings, Aurthor try to invent this Cr(Re)An 35 spell:

Risk modifier: 0
Final LT: Cr(Re)An 68 + Nocturnal laboratory routine 2 + _: 1D10 = [6] = 6 =76
1st roll for extraordinary results: _: 1D10 = [9] = 9 -> Special or story event
2st roll for extraordinary results: _: 1D10 = [7] = 7 -> No benefit -> LT drops to 70 without consequences
Warped Lab roll: _: 1D10 = [3] = 3 > 1 -> Nothing strange happens

Hmm, this time Aurthor has a Special or story event, what will be the conseguences silveroak?

not sure why you rolled twice on extraordinary results, but as the special was first:
Aurthor causes, by means he does not understand and cannot replicate at this time, a Pegasus of the magic realm to be born in the stables, and one who gets twice the normal reaction penalty in dealing with The Gift.

Aurthor has CREATIVE BLOCK! An interesting flaw that provides a -3 to invention of most stuff. However if you go into experimenting you roll TWICE on the extra-ordinary results table. This means you are more likely to explode yourself! You are also more likely to make a discovery!

ah, that explains. In this case you get a mage-averse Pegasus.

Mercurio wants to make friends with it, and wants Philippe to help. -.-

you might have better luck with Concetta's help- she has animal ken 5 and animal handling 5

And she's cuter.

Oliverius will be trading in Vis of Account for 14 vim and 15 Terram. I'll adjust my numbers accordingly, then apply the interest.
His vis of account drops from 81 to 52, then interest to 62.

At this point Aurthor realizes that there's nothing special in the new spell, apart from having procured a pegasus to the covenant. He is going to question again the hyperborean ghost next year...

It doesn't sound like anyone else has offered to pick up Anna's son. Did you still want to foist him off on someone, or making plans for yourself? Just offering in case you didn't want to run your own kid.

Still was hoping to foist him off on someone. That'd be great if you could take him!

I'm willing to try, at least. I need to make myself practice getting ahead in my scheduling more!

It is worth pointing out that Bravery has already been designed at age 6, simply because it had to be done in order to advance him that year. We can discuss alterations to the character or future developments.

I think the only thing he really needs are personality and story flaws. Personality traits are of course going to be in a flux at this age. I think being the heir is going to cause all sorts of trouble as well.

And adding even further to this: I don't particularly have any cool ideas of where to take this six year old in direction; I just remember that QPaCat was offering Bravery to people, and thought I would try picking up some of the work. If Silveroak has any plans for the boy's future, I'm happy to incorporate them (maybe a few inherited virtues and flaws) and if QPaCat had plans of how to build him, I'd be happy to discuss it to help finalize a more personalitized character.