character design and development

Hi Quite Possibly a Cat! No Major Hermetic Virtue?
Also, what in her background granted her Divine Premonitions?

I would think so, this was approved. Gloriana will also trade most of her milked Vim for Co, as agreed as well, to craft a Longevity Ritual for the potter.

Also, had asked how much vis of account Danaë could trade for actual Pe and Animal pawns.

The character is also missing an age, though I suppose that could be reverse-engineered by the abilities. My quick napkin math suggests her age is nine and a half >.> I'll stay away from themes, but noting that the Apprentices rules some of those hermetic virtues/flaws might be inherited since they wouldn't manifest until the Gift opened.

I believe the council did pay for it.

Whoops, I had assumed that Offensive would just stack.

No Hermetic virtues at all actually. She can learn those during apprenticeship if she's lucky.

The Divine! Obviously.

Sometimes the Divine works in mysterious ways. Maybe it supports robbing the rich to feed the poor. Maybe it supports beating down rich people who abuse their power. I suppose I could change it. What inspired it was that if she was going to use premonitions to detect for danger in the city, she'd have real difficulty with the Divine Aura. So its less that her backstory gave it to her, but more that her backstory required it.

Name: Raz
Personality Traits: Daydreams+1, Secretive+3, Caring+2
Characteristics: Com+1 Int+2 Pre+5 Per+0 Dex+0 Sta-2 Str+0 Qik+0
Virtues: The Gift, Affinity for Cult Lore, Affinity for Magic Theory, Apt Student, Unaging, Great Presence*2, Premonitions (Divine), Puissant with Cult Lore, Puissant with Magic Theory, Venus's Blessing
Flaws: Difficult Longevity Ritual, Secretive, Raised in a Gutter, Twilight Prone, Incompatible Arts (PeAn, PeHe), Uncertain Faith

Raz is basically a street rat turned criminal. Abandoned by her parents at an early age, and forced to survive on her own she has picked up a smattering of tricks. Her saving grace was learning how to get premonitions of danger. Her premonitions don't always work, but its enough that a robin-hood type criminal is willing to use her. She makes a decent leader of a pack of thugs too although she's only done that rarely. She's heard vague distorted stories of an order of magi. She thinks it would be amazing if a handsome, rich, powerful wizard took her in and made her his apprentice, but she knows things like that don't happen in the real world. Or at least almost never...

Abilities: Italian 5, Athletics 2, Awareness 2, Brawl 3, Carouse 2, Charm 3, Folk Ken 2, Intrigue 2, Legerdemain 2, Leadership 3 (thugs), Premonitions 4, Stealth 2,

he could trade for 30 Pe and 65 Animal

Thanks, Danaë is a she! :laughing: She will indeed trade this much, as she will need vis on hand.
She has several long-term goals in mind:
•erase her bad reputation flaw, and then ask the Mercere to retire from messenger service. Might take 8 more years, she has been delivering for 34 years! She would still be available to go on adventures for her House, and she would train an apprentice, and have sons/daughters to keep the bloodline going. She also is looking to write some books to earn more vis. She is restless, might not happen for a while.
•She wishes to undergo sahir Initiations into 2 of the Techniques, Solomonic Travel and Physic, perhaps Solomonic Storytelling. Each one requires another strong sahir, around 15 vis for the ceremony, a strong jinn, and would inflict 2 Warping on her. She already has a good rep with the OoS (3), and with jinn in general (2)
•She wishes to go on adventures with all Locri inhabitants who can grant virtues, and bargain with them for their Gifts, sort of a heroic journey of improvement. This again, will require vis. She has Area Lore Locri 4 and Magic Lore 5, has gone on adventures with everyone, and is a Busybody, so she should have most every being's abilities classified.

Leaf and Blossom have settled on 5 pawns of vis as their price, although Leaf would also accept a good book or two.

Hmm... with that though Blossom is going to grant improved characteristics to Anna and all Blossom's siblings. eldarin, this means Bravery gets Improved Characteristics

Mmh, nice. Weighing Pre 3 and Sta 2/Per 1 currently.

We have a gifted beautiful young lady here, no surprise that Aurthor has noticed her in his "adventures" in the city. I predict a very interesting apprenticeship for him...

Aurthor will teach her some hermetic virtues (Gentle Gift for sure), so she can start without them. Her natural propension for cult lores is interesting, make me curious about the possible developments in this field.

1142 (continued)

AURTHOR
Fall
Aurthor gained an insight for vis-less rituals from Hyperborean tapestry's power Apollo Soothing Relief.
Winter
He tries then to invent the vis-less ritual, from the description of the power I'm assuming it is GENTLE TOUCH OF THE PURIFIED BODY (CrCo 20 ritual) (let me know silveroak if you have something else in mind):
Risk modifier: 0
Final LT: CrCo 67 + _: 1D10 = [4] = 4 = 71
1st roll for extraordinary results: _: 1D10 = [4] = 4 > No extraordinary effects
2nd roll for extraordinary results: _: 1D10 = [8] = 8 > Complete failure!
Season wasted :frowning: .
Aurthor casts also the Aegis in place of Gloriana (ReVi 25) getting a penetration of +28: _: 1D10 = [4] = 4 + Sta 3 + Re 20 + Vi 14 + Aura 7 + Phi 2 + AL 3 = 53

yeah, just apparently couldn't miss the chance to reinvent the wheel

As per Silveroaks direction on the new player forum, I would be interested in joining the campaign. I would like to play a ex misc pharmocopoeian if that would fit. If not I am open to anything really.

I have created a wiki dot account as John Graham 51. I am not a regular user of wiki dot so not sure what to do next. Do I wait for an invite?

Hi! Long time no see! :slight_smile:
Think silveroak now has to invite you.
As to a Pharmacopiean or whichever concept you settle on, is fine by me!

I would also like to join, if that is possible. I have two concepts:

A Bonisagus who suffers from Imposter Syndrome, and mostly would like to research.
A Flambeau who wants be a front-line fighter, despite being small and female.

Oddly enough, both have Ignem as a focus.

These characters would come in immediately after Gauntlet, unless something else is desired. (I know roughly their first 15 years of development) Let me know which one might be a better fit.

I already have a wikidot, thompsja, account, from the aborted game 'What if we joined them"

If you look back through the explanations of how characters join, the played characters will begin as apprentices. If necessary you may need to create mentors for them which will be played by someone else. Neither is likely to be starting from gauntlet (though technically the mentor could, but it could take a while for your main character to get into play as an apprentice...) if you go with something where a potential mentor already exists (like flambeaux) then you would need to wait for an existing character to need/want an apprentice.

Ok, I understand now. Part of apprenticeship is that we don't get full control over what we're taught. Although, the SQ's in this saga are quite impressive.

So, make a character based on Apprentices, and give him/her the Early Childhood experience and show up at 5 years old, and things will go from there? For the parens, I'll make up a wizard 50 years or so past gauntlet. The thing is, the Bonisagus I wanted to play had a specific set of Virtues and Flaws, can I simply take them as Inherited?

In looking through the advancement plan, I see a lot of adventures, and I saw a thread stating the different catagories, but I've missed the rules for 'Adventuring'.

Hi thompsja and welcome!

You have essentially two choices:

1. Make an apprentice with inherited virtues.
  2. Make and apprentice with few hermetic virtues (+ perhaps a lot of virtues that help learning) and a parens with the hermetic virtues desired (+ a good SQ), hoping that these virtues are taught during the apprenticeship (with the rules in Apprentices page 40).
    The second option was taken by most of the players in this saga because at the end of the apprenticeship allows to have a more powerful magus, with a number of virtues behind the initial limit of 10 points allocated.

The rules are in the wiki: praesidiumorae.wikidot.com/fast- ... ent-period
Adventures must be declared in this google spreadsheet along with the other seasonal activities, especially learning classes with the instructors and reading books: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

I am interested in a new Major Magical Focus that covers longevity, character improvement and corpus healing. I thought a description of "non damaging corpus effects"? Thoughts appreciated.

May I suggest the Astrological Virtue of the Planet: Sun (TMRE, p. 57), which covers "rulership, leadership, authority, health and well-being, and governs the characteristics of Presence and Stamina"
If improving longevity rituals is very important, consider Saturn on the same page.

One of the deceased Magi, Evandrus, had a Healing mMF, and it was pretty broad, covering LR as well as Healing, so I’d imagine that a MMF which also included Heroic improvements to characters would be very feasible. BTW, one of the Magi I play, Gloriana, already has 4 of the Heroic Rituals invented: for Sta, Int, Com, Pre.