Sketching out some more details. I've thought that the V&Fs represent more what he'll end up with. Perhaps some V&Fs were gained through adventures, initiations, or Twilight experiences: he didn't necessarily have all these V&Fs through apprenticeship, that is.
Age: 70 (Gauntlet +46)
Born: 1150 AD
Confidence: 1 (3)
The Gift, Hermetic Magus, Puissant Intrigue, Gentle Gift, Puissant Magic Theory, Book Learner, Improved Characteristics x2, Great Intelligence, Good Teacher, Cautious Sorcerer
Virtues primarily represent his upbringing in the premier House of the Order; if not already claimed by a Trianoma Bonisagus, a more research-oriented Bonisagus would likely have claimed him. He has absorbed elements from both sides of the House, however. He has natural talents which allow him to engage in and work with hedge wizards more easily; hedge wizards taught by him in the basics of Hermetic theory, or Parma Magica, receive excellent instruction -- which helps move their loyalty closer to the Order, something a Trianoma magus always encourages.
Enemies (Major), Driven (Major), Twilight Prone, Seeker
- Driven: "To seek out new life, and new civil--" Er, wait. "To seek out new and exotic magic and integrate them into established Hermetic theory". It's not enough simply to find them, House Bonisagus is also known to advance theory. Also, it'll stick it to those lab rats who never leave home if I do it first!
- Enemies: He's probably not been entirely successful in his dealings with exotic magi all the time. Or perhaps some other group/covenant/Tribunal/mundane think that a certain group of hedge wizards belongs to them and dislike some stranger coming in and getting chummy with their hedgies.
- Twilight Prone: Exposure to magic and magi outside the known boundaries of Hermetic theory has its risks.
- Seeker (HoH:True Lineages, p.25): Ancel is open about his affiliation with the Seekers
Driven (as above) +3
Abilities (As of being Gauntleted, Hermetic Age +0)
Normandy Tribunal Lore (exotic magic/magi) 2
Athletics (run) 1
Awareness (searching) 2
Brawl (dodging) 1
Charm (first impressions) 2
Concentration (lab work) 2
Etiquette (magi) 2
Folk Ken (magi) 2
Guile (fast talk) 2
Intrigue (alliances) 1
Speak French 5
Order of Hermes Lore 1
Profession Scribe (copying) 1
Artes Liberales 1
Speak Latin 4
Magic Theory 3+2
Code of Hermes (exotic wizards) 1
Magic Lore 1
Parma Magica (Mentem) 1
Penetration (Intellego) 1
(Specializations for certain skills TBD)
Cr 4 In 5 Mu 2 Pe 0 Re 3
An 0 Aq 0 Au 0 Co 5 He 0
Ig 0 Im 5 Me 5 Te 0 Vi 6
Spells (120 levels)
InCo 15 - Whispers Through the Black Gate
InIm 20 - The Ear for Distant Voices
InMe 10 - Sight of the Transparent Motive
InMe 20 - Posing the Silent Question
InVi 2 - Sense of Magic's Corporeal Form ()
InVi 2 - Sense of Magic Power ()
InVi 2 - Sense of Faerie Power ()
InVi 2 - Sense of Infernal Power ()
InVi 2 - Sense of Divine Power (*)
InVi 5 - Scales of the Magical Weight
InVi 5 - Sense the Nature of Vis
InVi 20 - Piercing the Magic Veil
ReVi 15 - Gather the Essence of the Beast
(*) Variations of the Level 1 InVi spells that detect the presence of vis, or a given Aura. +1 Magnitude for Touch
- Advancement: He will likely go into Intellego and Vim, with minor focuses on Im, Me. There will likely be a flurry of Creo and Corpus research as he nears Longevity Ritual age. I'm estimating that around the 20 or so year mark (Hermetic Age) he should have a broad enough Arts base to potentially take an apprentice.
- Hermetic Research: Something relatively safe, he's looking to formalize the 'Comprehend Magic' Virtue that Ex Miscellaneous Pralicians use with their magic. In his Seeker mode, he's dealt a good deal with House Ex Miscellanea, and the Lineage of Pralix in particular to get exotic magi inducted into the Order. He's become fascinated by the Pralicians' ability to relatively easily analyze spells, beings, and magical artifacts in their work. (HoH:Societates pp.107-108; Comprehend Magic, Supernatural Virtue (with Ability) is a 45-point Breakthrough project based on the various Breakthrough and Integration notes in HoH:True Lineages, Ancient Magic, and Hedge Magic)
- His Gentle Gift allows him to approach exotic magi without the usual penalties that Hermetic magi have, allowing him to make overtures to hedge wizards in order to learn from them. Although curious, he is not reckless with his interactions and tries to be mindful of the Peripheral Code when dealing with them. He will, under no circumstances, offer to teach them Parma Magica, for instance, unless/until they are members of the Order and have sworn the Oath.
One last note: Yes, I remember you, Ken. The crazed, ancient Tremere whose Tribunal initiative was the only thing passed.