Character Development Guidelines

1268 Spring - Move Lab 2XP 1 Bp for 10 lbs Silver
1268 Summer - Move Lab 2xp
1268 Fall - Intrigue 10 XP
1268 Winter - Hermetic Instruction 6 XP?
1269 Spring - Hermetic Instruction 6 XP?
1269 Summer - Intrigue 10 XP
1269 Fall - Create an Item of Quality (to be determined, but something for either teaching or Scribing)
1269 Winter - Hermetic Instruction 6 XP?
1270 - Items made all year (to be determined)

Will this work? I confined the Hermetic Instruction to Winter and Spring.

OK...this has to be done again. Let's keep it simple:

1268 Sping: Move Lab 2XP 1 Bp for 10 lbs Silver
1268 Summer: Move Lab 2XP
1268 Winter: Hermetic Instruction, presumably with one other Teacher, 6 xp
1269 Spring: Hermetic Instruction, presumably with one other Teacher, 6 xp
1269 Winter: Hermetic Instruction, presumably with one other Teacher, 6 xp

The remaining seasons (Fall 1268, Summer and Fall 1269, all of 1270) will be in the lab making items. That's seven seasons, enough time for some serious production. As I was going through his history it occurred to me that he didn't make as many items as he could have, so I'd like to have him catch up a bit.

So, having said that. Ideas, requests, suggestions? He can make Items of Quality, and reforge items (allowing to pack and stack abilities into existing items). The other Mysteries he has don't provide items for the School per se.

If we have 6 magi in need of training from Elizabeth, I don't think there are enough seasons for her to only teach two magi @ 6xp/season. To get to level 2, that would require 3 seasons for each pair of magi, or 9 seasons to process all 3 pairs of magi. Given that's she's only teaching Winter and Spring for these 3 years, that's only 6 seasons of teaching available. That's not enough time.

I think we're going to have to bite the bullet and just have to take the 3xp for multiple seasons, but that'll get us all covered.

Oh, it's easily possible to reduce the total number of seasons spent learning from Elizabeth. It's an exercise for the troupe.

Missed the only in winter and spring part. revised.

[table][tr][td]1268/Spring[/td] [td]Learn Hermetic Instruction from Elizabeth[/td][td]3 xp Hermetic Instruction[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1268/Summer[/td] [td]Pack up Lab from Lycaneon[/td] [td]2xp MT[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1268/Autumn[/td] [td]Set up lab in Hévíz[/td] [td]2xp MT[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1268/Winter[/td] [td]Learn Hermetic Instruction from Elizabeth[/td] [td]3 xp Hermetic Instruction to 1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1269/Spring[/td] [td]Learn Hermetic Instruction from Elizabeth[/td] [td]3 xp Hermetic Instruction[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1269/Summer[/td] [td]Meet local nobles[/td] [td]5xp Etiquette[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1269/Autumn[/td] [td]Begin writing L10/Q10 Rego Summa for classes[/td] [td]2xp scribe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1269/Winter[/td] [td]Learn Hermetic Instruction from Elizabeth[/td][td]3 xp Hermetic Instruction[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1270/Spring[/td] [td]Learn Hermetic Instruction from Elizabeth[/td] [td]3 xp Hermetic Instruction to 2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1270/Summer[/td] [td]Finish writing summa[/td] [td]2xp scribe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1270/Autumn[/td] [td]Write L7Q10 Summa for Intellego[/td][td]2xp Scribe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1270/Winter[/td] [td]Recruit student[/td] [td]5xp Bargain[/td][/tr][/table]

I do not think so as she has only 6 seasons. With 6 magi it is impossible. Even with 5 it would be the same. once we get to 4 she could teach each magi for a season (9SQ) then 2 each for the next 2 seasons (6SQ)

It is possible to get everyone to a score of 2 in a total of three seasons. Look at the teaching formula for clues.

So if Clement takes the 1st 2 seasons alone then he teaches someone like Kaltheus. He could get them to 2 in one season. Clement and Kaltheus could teach two more people in a season. At that point Clement and Kaltheus could take a break while the next two are taught by the last two to be taught.

So it would be 2 seasons from Elizabeth. 4 for Clement and one from everyone else.

You guys can mix it up however you want.

But teaching Hermetic Instruction is governed by the Teaching Ability, not itself (you're not teaching magic). So you could teach as many people as your teaching score allows.

I was about to say, the only way this works is if the masters teach, rather than relying on Elizabeth to teach.

Looking at scores, Kaltheus is the strongest teacher with a base Source Quality of: Com 3 + Teaching 7 + Good Teacher 5 = 15. If Kaltheus took the first two seasons of instruction from Elizabeth, he could teach everyone else in one season. This requires 3 seasons from Kaltheus but only 1 from everyone else. So the question is: would Kaltheus do that or could he be convinced to do it with proper compensation?

Ancel would be willing to chip in vis or a future favour of some kind for the seasons saved.

You're missing +3 standard. Everyone gets +3 as a standard bonus when teaching.

It's a Game Theory question, to be honest. Everyone can sacrifice 6 seasons to get to a score of 2 (18). Or one person can sacrifice 3 seasons to get everyone to a score of 2 (15-18). Even the person who spends more time relative to everyone else is actually spending half the time he would have otherwise.

Oh yeah, I missed that. So most of us will be able to teach the others in one season.

That said, Ancel will be willing to do this. Both from a character perspective (of wanting something like this to spread) and his Bonisagus Oath to share all that he's learned, he'd spend the three seasons to everybody else's one season. Of course, you'd have to put up with his apprentice being in the same class. (She's nearly at Gauntlet, so this is a perfect opportunity to spread it to a new generation before sending her out.)

If that sounds amenable to everyone, he'll spend Winter/Spring 1268 with Elizabeth, then teach Winter 1269.

I'd be fine with that, and Fabrica would be happy to provide an item as compensation to Ancel (or whoever is teaching). Maybe an Item of Quality? What about other items that we want? I think with the new method Fab would have 8 seasons to make stuff.

As long as Heaven's Thunder Hammer gives an OK. I'm not willing to commit other player's characters to a task. Especially in a PbP game where many players tend to drop out.

Ancel 1268-1270

The above assumes that advancement is using normal rules for advancement (mostly Exposure in this case).

For the three years after arriving at the school, Ancel begins setting his agenda. First, comes learning the new Hermetic Instruction skill that Elizabeth has developed, then getting that out to his fellow Masters. He has one Tribunal to attend in 1270, but the rest of the time available will be cramming his apprentice for her Gauntlet (which will occur Autumn 1270, with her final Parma Magica training taking place in Winter 1270) interspersed with the beginnings of his Original Research.

Ancel will take the offer to have his lab transported via spell.

From earlier postings discussing this with the Troupe, it sounds like Subtle Opening would be a good one to tackle. Starting now also allows him to leverage his apprentice's relatively advanced state while still here. Referencing this posting:

[table][tr][td]1268/Spring[/td] [td]Begin writing L10/Q10 Rego Summa for classes[/td] [td]2xp scibe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1268/Summer[/td] [td]Pack up Lab from Lycaneon[/td] [td]2xp MT[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1268/Autumn[/td] [td]Set up lab in Hévíz[/td] [td]2xp MT[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1268/Winter[/td] [td]Finish writing summa[/td][td]2xp scribe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1269/Spring[/td] [td]Master Quid Nunc for quite casting[/td][td]5 xp spell mastery for Quid Nunc[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1269/Summer[/td] [td]Meet local nobles[/td][td]5xp Etiquette[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1269/Autumn[/td] [td]Write Summa for Perdo L7/Q10 classes[/td] [td]2xp scribe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1269/Winter[/td][td]Learn Hermatic Instruction[/td] [td]16 xp Hermatic instruction[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1270/Spring[/td] [td]Learn Hermatic Instruction from Elizabeth[/td] [td]9 xp Hermatic instruction[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1270/Summer[/td] [td]Write Summa for Creo L5/Q10[/td][td]2xp scibe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1270/Autumn[/td] [td]Write L7Q10 Summa for Intellego[/td] [td]2xp Scribe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1270/Winter[/td] [td]Recruit student[/td] [td]5xp Bargain[/td][/tr][/table]

So is there some item Ancel would like as compensation for the teaching, or just in appreciation of it? That would be time lost. I want to put 8 seasons into making magic items, one of them should go to Ancel I figure.

I'm sure it's here somewhere, but what is the Aura where the Magi's labs are?

Added "Spell Mastery:" blah with the score on Fiona's current character sheet.

Are we still looking at a wiki, or a thread with just the current sheets, or should I bookmark the posts that have the current sheets for everybody? (They're kind of scattered around a little bit, and I'm all about making things easier for my lazy self.)