Character development

Perfectly good sandwhich , lousy source of history

See, what does that tell you about the British pallet?
:laughing:
Um, boiled meat, yeah. I don't think so. I used to work at this Irish pub and had to cook that stuff up by the pound. Every Sunday, corn beef and cabbage. And the Irish breakfast too. Bar food :smiley:
Come to think of it, I used to run a deli at Union Station too, and I would crank out corned beef all day long. I swear, it seemed like there was a train direct from England every Saturday (really it was from New York, the plane would land and they would all file on to the train for parts further in the US).

Andrew, just kidding you about the English palette :smiley:. The chef I most idolize is Gordon Ramsey. 21st century British cuisine is a far cry from the 20th century stereotype. As far as boiled meat goes, I love me some ham (yum!). And corned beef is a staple in the US. I just don't like it myself.

Done the last years of Wirth's progression, and updated the Wiki.

I feel very stumped in my growth: of all the arts that interest Wirth (Perdo, Muto, Animal, Corpus, Mentem, eventually vim), we haven't a single summa T-T

Spring 1222: Study Shield of Magic: Parma Magica
Summer 1222: Study Shield of Magic: Parma Magica-3 to 4
Autumn 1222: Study Shield of Magic: Parma Magica-4 to 5 (you gotta protect this family of your :laughing:)
Winter 1222: Travel to Greece

Spring 1223: Study Wintry Grey: Ignem-6 to 8
Summer 1223: Study Amplifying the Will: Penetration-1 to 2
Autumn 1223: Study Amplifying the Will: Penetration-2 to 3
Winter 1223: Vis Extraction: 2 Pawns for Florum. 2 XP exposure in MT (unless we follow jebrick's scribe work's logical lead and rule that this yields practice XP, although this feels very wrong. This'd affect roberto, too)...

Spring 1223: Practiced Spell: Thwarting the Thaumaturgical Threat: Mastery 01 (fast cast)
Summer 1223: Experimentation: Invent Ensorcelled by Chaos. I needed to experiment, and came up with exagerated sigil. I think it'd be cool (and not discreet) to have cold tendrils of shadow flow from Wirth to the victims :smiley:. 2MT exposure
Autumn 1223: Invent A Mouse amongst Men. 2MT exposure

New spells are on the wiki.

You may well have access to some other books in before the last 2 years of your study, It is likely that they will be aquired in Greece. But may not be depending on events

Corned Beef is a horrible substance , I have no idea why I eat it .
I NEVER boil meat that would be some sort of vile crime against food. Anyway America currently is number 2 in my all time crimes against food list . Much of the food was good but serving Blueberry pancakes in Maple syrup with BACON was a crime against cuisine .
We will not discuss what New Zealanders do with their burgers as it is too horrible to contemplate.

Yeah, the pancake houses are pretty criminal when it comes to what they will put on a plate.
But as for New Zealand, you have piqued my curiosity :smiley:

I'm not really a meat guy.
White meat is okay. Red meat... it may do, if roasted :laughing:

Well, I can't count on this, so... But if this happens, I'll read them later with pleasure :smiley:

Well, as a Yank, I am a huge fan of the beef. Steaks, burgers, Italian Beef Sandwhiches, Vienna Beef hot dogs, and etceteras. Chicago has the best food in the US. As a central hub, stuff from all over gets shipped here then shipped out elsewhere. We tend to keep the best of the best for ourselves :laughing:. Really, chefs head out to the farmer's market or the warf in the early AM and get first pick of things before they get shipped elsewhere. We also have the worlds finest pizza (and Chicago style is actually the super-thin cracker crust, don't know how we got famous for deep dish). I love me some Italian. I make a mean lasagna :smiling_imp: And Mexican! We have really-really good Mexican food here. And BBQ!

Oh, how I love food! I need to get myself back working in kitchens where I belong. I was much happier there.

Lasagna... I LOVE lasagna...

I'm a bit of ashamed starting this discussion, while in reality I'm a vegetarian :blush: can you explain what is the difference between corned beef and normal beef :blush:

P.S. character story is evolving :slight_smile: ....

Here is the first part of the character story are there some story hooks ?

Javier Costa Hernandez was born in 1205 as the son of an almohadian warrior and his wife. His parents were caring and lovley.
And he could have lived the wonderful life of a good upgrowing child if there hadn't been the tragedy of the year of 1210.
It was in this year that a rabble of christian daredevils assaulted the village were his family were living.
It was in those hell of war and smoke, that one of the christian raised his sword to attack the five year old child.
Javier was frightend to death and while gazing at the wild christian warrior he could feel his scare quite into his heart.
He shiverd and something unbelivable happend. His fright turned into anger.
He opend his arms and his fury was creeping out of his hands, forming a black shadow which was flooding over the body of the christian attacker.
The poor man was screaming like an animal, blindfolded , trying to cover his eyes and was killed by one of the defenders.

It was that picture of the screaming man blindfolded from himself wich he would never forget.
It was a picture that guided him on his path, of becoming a wise man.

He didn't knew what happend after that terrible moment, when his hate slew the Christian soldier.
Javier was told that he was found unconscious between the burning house of his family.
But his live had changed permanently.
His parents were dead, the christians had fled the battle unable to fight a daemon.
The villagers themself were in panic of the deamon boy. It was to his luck that a stranger showed up.
A wise man, possible one of the lords of cordova.The man who took the daemon boy with him.
Alejandro ex Jerbiton (the wise man) was propably the only person who ever earned the trust of Javier after that incident.

He took Javier into an small mezoarab village and explained him the mysteries about his soul and his destination in live.
Javier was a Magus, also a very young one, but with an extraordinary talent and of extraordanary danger.
He taught him that people were afraid of magic, althought in his part they were not afraid of his magic nature itsself,
but they were affraid of the unknown dangers he wields on them.
He taught him that Magic had to be controlled and that a Magus wields a fairt amount of responsibility about his doings.
Alejandro taught him of the Order of Hermes and the institutions it provides to help the magi to maintain peace between them and the mundanes.
Javier learned that conflict and war were inner instincts of the mankind and as those have to be accepted as realities of live.
But there were many reasons for an attempt to change the world to a better.
It was Alejandro who told him of the importance of acceptance and tolerance, althought he coudn't expect them from the world.
It was Alejandro who told him to change the world, even if that would mean to fight a war in a bad world to create a better.
At least it was Alejandro who told him that he had to learn all those things before he could become a great mage.

The wise man offered him to become his apprentice, and the young boy agreed to him because he had a natural trust in the older man.
It was a long way for the young boy to evolve to a young magus and the first 7 years were spent by teaching him the mysteries of the mundane world.
His master told him about latin, of the courtly arts and mysteries of christian and muslim religion.
After that (at the age of twelve) he joined the Order of Hermes as the apprentice of Alejandro ex Jerbiton, still naming him secretly "The Wise Man".
Having him told everything about the mundane world in the first part of his apprenticeship Alejandro was now beginning to open him for the arts and teaching him the arts of magic. They were fighting many wars, most fighted at the court of the Almohades throughout the empire.

Corned beef is normal beef. It is a cooking proceedure, boiling it in salty water. The meat can stay preserved like this for a little while. That's why the process was invented, and the tradition carries down to this day.

Bizzarly this answer is wrong due to the complications of international food naming conventions!
Waht Marko is referring to is what I would call Salt Beef. the Corned Beef I was referring to is The product commonly known as corned beef in the UK (also known as bully beef; from the French bouilli ‘boiled’) is sold in distinctive oblong-shaped tin cans containing finely ground meat in a small amount of jelly. Also available in the US

go to Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corned_beef
for more than you ever need to know. However as the ast to raise corned Beef in this discussion my definition applies

Neither of these products was commonly avialble in the 13th century

Never knew that. In the US, the salted boiled brisket is what is conventionally called Corned Beef. The other product you mention we call Spam :laughing:
Not really, spam is different. But there you have it, two different products with the same name.

Kiwiburger 100% Aberdeen-Angus Scotch beef, beetroot, egg, pineapple, cheese, salad, mayonnaise & relish

Trust me Spam is very different. Corned beef I for unknown reasons like in a sanfwhich or Omellette . Spam makes me vomit

Spam-spam-Spam-spam, Spam-spam-Spam-spam, Spam-spam-Spam-spam, Spam-spam-Spam-spam,
Spamitty Spam!

I like this.

Funny thing is, I see both similitudes to my own character, but also great differences. It's although as if Wirth could almost have grown into Javier, or the reverse, but they ended up very different :laughing:

Looks ok to me