Chimera heartbeast - suggestions ?

Salve sodales,

If your heartbeast is let's say a shark (white shark), what "noble" example would you see as a chimera inner heartbeast?
I have really big troubles to find anything with this kind of "fish" outer heartbeast since it must be at least 50% of the result.

My "rhinoceros body + shark head" don't match, nor my "elephant + shark head" ^^... do you have any suggestion?

Thanks for your advice.

The need for streamlining means most aquatic heartbeasts don't really work well with chimera. However, there are a couple which may work -

• combining with snake to make a sea serpent with a shark's forequarters - this would fit nicely with sea or lake monster myths.
  • combining with a crocodile to make a streamlined, finned mouth full of teeth covered in scales.
  • combining with an octopus to make a sea monster with a vicious shark mouth where the beak of a giant octopus would be - the effect would be like something out of a knockoff Cthulhu story, but quite impressive to look at.
    If you push it slightly, maybe the narwhal is actually a whale/horned beast cross which is why they look like sea unicorns.

I believe that a creature with a shark's head and a tentacled octopus body is known as a "lusca", a cryptid from the Caribbean. (Descriptions vary, the octopus part is constant.) And so a perfectly good choice for a mythic beast. (Perhaps some Viking explorer saw one. Worse, maybe it followed him home.)

I really like that creature. It's so cool.

Adopted.

It feels a little bit like thread necromancy, but it's weird to see that a thread I participated in seasons ago was the second to last to be posted on the old forums and is now back on the first page.

I'm also using this post to shamelessly seek badges. Yes, I've fallen that low, pray for me, sodales.

I accept whatever punishments I am due under the Code for my foul deeds. :mage: :wink:

Thread Necromancy!