Convocation of the Pontifici

A regional tribunal meeting must include 12 magi from four covenants within the tribunal, but the boundaries of the tribunal are set forth by the Grand Tribunal.

That makes more sense :slight_smile:

You should check the Lion and the Lily, the part about the lotharingian tribunal. I believe it also repeats the 12 magi/4 covenants bit, but I may be wrong.

So what we need is...

• Four Covenants
  • Twelve Magi
  • Ruling of the Grand Tribunal[list]
    []Need to get it brought up to the next GT
    [/
    :m][/list:u]

I agree, particularly in regards to Barcelona. As I mentioned to Pietro previously, the Sa Dragonera agreement places us in a good position from which to influence them on the matter. I'm willing to join you in the Andorra delegation. We may face more than diplomatic challenges, though. I've heard rumors of a significant Hermetic criminal element at work in Barcelona. Apparently everything from black market enchantments to murder by magic can be had for the right price. If we're going to bring them into a new tribunal, we'd need to ensure the streets were cleaned up first, so to speak. Carmen, do you think Pere would be willing to assist in this endeavor?

I disagree here, but I'm willing to be convinced. My opinion is that Sa Dragonera possesses the necessary resources to support a true covenant, given sufficient time and effort to make the island itself inhabitable. I also feel that converting the chapterhouse to a covenant gives us another ready-made ally in our pursuit of this new tribunal. What are your reasons for maintaining it in its current status?

That would certainly add a legal validation to the whole enterprise, but do you think they'd be willing to do participate in something this radical?

After a dramatically long pause, Pietro speaks.
We have several options before us. And ideas that are ready to burst forth. But we cannot do everything altogether all at once. It is like a game of chess. All the pieces must be put in place in sequence.
The first is Bellaquin. Your former leaders in days distant past offered to shelter and protect them, an emergency agreement now activated. What we have is a covenant leasing space inside another covenant. I want to work out how the two of you are going to get along. Antonio and I both swore an oath to Valgravian to protect and preserve Bellaquin. An Oath amongst Archmagi is not to be taken lightly.

As the first of many items to consider, what resources did Antonio sign over to them as part of the arrangement? Is it simply the lacunae and regio and nothing more? Do they still have access to whatever vis sources they originally claimed in Provencal?

Solomon nods, "Well, for one, it gives us a larger number of covenant members, and thus more votes at a tribunal. Secondly, it gives us control of what we at least expect to be a large supply of vis and a rather strong magical aura. Finally, with their various sanctums spread as they are across the Balearics, with no central covenant around which to form an Aegis, it would leave them extremely vulnerable. As it is now they are vulnerable, however they can always retreat here to the safety of the covenant if that becomes necessary."

Valgravian answers Vocis with a smile. Simple use and occupancy of the town of Andorra la Vella. All of our legal holdings and investments are registered in Provencal, as is our covenant charter.
I forget the exact terms of the lease. But we pay a few rooks per year and gave you one of our Imaginem resources as a deposit.

Does a copy of this lease exist? This conversation would be much simpler if we had the document as a starting point.

In game, yes.In reality, I never wrote one up. Valgravian has a copy of it and is willing to renegotiate terms. Three points to be/have been established. The lease is for 99 years (from 121? when it was signed), Bellaquin pays something like 30 pawns assorted vis, and they signed over rights to an Imaginem vis source (of a yet undefined nature) that yeilds about 8 pawns a year. They also agree to vote against any motion before Provencal Tribunal regarding absorbtion or annexation of our covenant into their legal system. So that's four things :slight_smile:

Then it sounds as if Bellaquin can maintain its own magical resources without interfering with those claimed by Andorra. What about monetary income? Valgravian, do your holdings provide sufficient silver to maintain the covenant? Carmen, will the presence of the Bellaquin magi in La Vella interfere with Andorra's income?

That's a good point. What remains of Bellaquin's legendary wealth? You have been leasing the property for a while it seems, moving in slowly. What has your situation been like for these past few years? What are you doing for income? Are you willing and able to pay rent in hard currency?
Valgravian chuckles a but, a humble laugh with a hint of sorrow. [color=green]We are quite wealthy still, I assure you. As for what we have been doing, our original home was destroyed years ago. Though we evacuated and survived, we were dispersed to our various safe locations. This being one of them. The most expensive but the one with the most benefits. The others have fallen to the wayside. One was detroyed in the crusades, Mistridge has fallen, one was abandoned, and the other was unfeasible. condensed to one location is most cost effective.
And we are quite wealthy. I will gladly pay a user's fee of 300 pounds of silver. We have remade ourselves as bankers and merchants. Our operations are international, and our sanctuary here has no direct contact with mundanes. My sodale Constantine is from Lubeck. Financial wizard and genius in the art of magical transportation and shipping.
We are very, very, wealthy.
As for your own personal business interests, we infringe upon nothing. We want to enhance your income! Your Mercere vis bank and your equal exchange privileges. Your silver rate is 12 pounds per pawn of Vim? We have contacts willing to sell at 10 and/or buy at 15 to get the Form they want.
You should meet Constantius. He is brimming with ideas such as these and many more.
But I assure you. We will be of no interferance nor hinderance to your business or social dealings.

Very well, Bellaquin has all the resources it needs without imposing upon Andorra's resources. I'm also certain they will be discreet in their dealings in La Vella, so I wouldn't anticipate any mundane political or security issues. Vocis turns to Solomon. Are there any other concerns you wish to address?

Carmen speaks up. I have a major concern. Pietro, how long have the Archmagi been manipulating events behind the scene? What is the long term plan and how does Andorra and this new tribunal idea fit into it? What is it you are really up to? Are you seeking to revive Val-Negra to make a new home for yourself? Am I wrong to suspect that you are making a ploy to sieze the titl of Primus?

If no one has a response to Carmen's outburst, Pietro sweeps her claims under the table and dismisses them as the product of an immature perspective.

(Sorry, I totally missed that Fédora was a part of this convocation until just now. So, I'm going to be kind of all over the place with this post. Apologies in advance.)

[color=blue]"Unless I'm mistaken, the Code doesn't really specify how powerful the four Covenants required to constitute a Tribunal are, nor the twelve Magi. Only that they exist. So long as Grand Tribunal could be convinced to form the new regional Tribunal, nothing else matters."

The idea of a new Tribunal piques her interest greatly. She had thought that it would take years, if not decades, to become the chief Redcap of a Tribunal. With the creation of a new Tribunal, however...

She rests an elbow on the table and taps her lips thoughtfully.

Fédora (and the player) look startled at this. [color=blue]"Wait...what?" (Although it's entirely possible I missed, or misunderstood, something in rereading the thread.)

Also...the name Bellaquin sounds familiar, but I (the player) don't know anything about it, that I can recall. Does Fédora? (Int 1 + Order of Hermes Lore 4 + die roll of 7 = 12)

Bellaquin dates back to second edition Covenants, and is a lynchpin of the Provencal Tribunal. In fifth edition, Faith & Flame, it has escaped a disaster by relocating to Andorra.

This was all my fault. I wanted to be the one that wrote about Andorra for fifth edition, but I didn't want to give them my covenant. I also had the chance to save Bellaquin from the axe and preserve it for fifth edition.m You know me. I am a preservationist and like to use old cannon whenever possible :mrgreen: