Covenant building

WIth the Fair idea I likely won't change the other Boons and Hooks, that will be something for you to develop , but certainly some considerations would go with it.

I'm sold on the Fair idea though.

I like the fair idea as well. :smiley: Now I just have to figure out what to do with the 25pts...

So what about the other boons, now that we have more people to weigh in on the choices?

Secluded/Closer to Civilization: I could see both working, so I don't have a preference which one we go with.

Wealth/Poverty: I'm not fond of being in debt, and being a dedicated covenant, expecially for a fair, should bring in silver. I'm for wealth.

Peasants/Loyal/Military: I'm still for loyal covenfolk, either that or just plain peasants. I think having the loyalty would be a bonus when we have the fair. I'm worried veteren fighters would rouse too much suspision from the local mundane lords.

By the way, do we know who owns the lands the covenant will be on?

Ummmm... Nope! :wink:

Let's hear some definite votes soon. We can still get things started before then, some time will be spent at the Tribunal meeting before the Covenant is actually formed.

If we go with the Fair:

I would think we would want secluded. Keeping prying eyes away from a gathering of magi might be one of our biggest problems.

Wealthy or Poor: I agree w/Kerry that I don't think we should start out poor. At worst, struggling for a few years. But not poor.

Community. We probably want a more educated grog population than the average spring Covenant. Someone's got to count the Till and write up the receipts.

We might also want to build up some contacts among Merchants and crafts men. But that might be better handled through stories than build points.

How do we want to vote? One from Column A or one from Column B type thing? Talk it out until we have consensus?

I'd suggest talking it out til more consensus is reached and then have a final vote to be thorough.

Surefoot and Falls, do either of you have an opinion about the covenant? In the first page of this thread, 4th post down, QC gave us some choices.

It looks like we will be a dedicated covenant, to start the first Stonehenge hermetic fair. For the rest, it looks like we are generally agreed on Secluded, but not sure about the money boons. The more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards the Poor option. This gives more opportunity for role playing getting wealthy, and getting there is half the fun.I don't think we have reached a resolution about the community yet. You are both welcome to chime in.

Secluded and poor is less my style, but it's better than secluded and rich. I like dealing with people, so I'm content with whatever we get as long as we get the occasional visitor.

Also - Kylios has a personal vis source, which I was thinking would probably wind up being either Muto or Terram. Once we get the covenant designed, I'd like to figure out where it's from and how much it is - I'm thinking something sea-related if we're near a coast (the ocean's got good muto imo).

How do you claim it as a personal source if it is found near the covenant we are finding?

Your personal source should exist and claimed by you as of now even if that means some travel to collect it.

One of the most common personal Vis sources I use are 'personal'; hair or beard clippings, fingernail pairings, other...excretions. One that's a bit more Fae like I thought of was the water after the first spring rain that fills the wizard's footprints. During apprenticeship the vis was always claimed by the master and now the magus gets to finally use it himself.

There's a young wizard in Durenmar with that kind of vis source and it makes for some interesting implications.

By having something like that be the source, the claim on it is easily made, and also travels with you.

Yeah. I was thinking something along those lines - maybe he knows a special bait that, if fished with on the summer solstice on any body of water larger than a millpond, will catch a fish with a diamond (worth a certain amount of Terram vis) for a heart.

The reason I was thinking about postponing final decisions until after covenant development is that I'd like it to, in some way, line up with the covenant - and also, until our vis supply is worked out, I don't know what his income per year will be.

Now I made up my mind. I would like the covenant to be close to society and be cash poor. My suggestions for the 25p I where to be deciding about have now been made. I would like the covenant to have a few books.

• Expanding your laboratory by Antonius Ex Bonisagus, Magic theory tractatus, Q 11
  • The Code of Hermes, implications and possibilities, By Emidius Ex Tytalus, Code of Hermes tractatus Q 10 but could be read as a Lore of Hermes tractate Q 4.

You guys let me know when we're ready to take a vote, feel free to keep discussing it.

I'm ready to cast my vote, if that is the way to go.

I can vote too, but we haven't heard from the new folks or LadyP yet.

Perhaps I am dense, be what vote are you talking about. If you are talking the choices Qcipher originally put out for us for location and such, my desires/votes were on the first page of this thread.

Did you have any preference on the Dedicated Covenant aspect?

Not really.

Right, but with all of the recent developments and a few recent additions, I thought it might be easier to cast the votes now in a recent post to make it easy to reference.

If you want just copy and paste it again.