Covenant Building

How about this...
Incompetent, because they don't know how to be pirates. Loch Ness, of the period, isn't exactly a good place to engage in piracy. They want to do it, they are interested in doing it, but the opportunities haven't been there to develop the right skillset until the new magi arrive?

See, I want them to know how to be pirates.

We can drop all the Covenfolk B/Hs and keep Peasants. We'll just have to start recruiting pirates later.

Patience, grasshopper.

We have some logistics to overcome. It haunts you wherever you go! :smiley: We need to create a way of getting our ship(s) through the River Ness into the North Atlantic. PB is handwaving this initially, to allow Talia to bring the Whoa Buoy into the Loch from the North Atlantic, but there are some hurdles to overcome. The River Ness, according to my findings is only like 1.15m deep, so it isn't navigable by large ships. The Whoa Buoy is essentially stuck inside Loch Ness, unless Peregrine wants to make the River Ness a more navigable outlet to the North Atlantic, that is.

With your 75bp, you could buy an item to both make a ship invisible, and to make it fly.

Just sayin' :stuck_out_tongue:

I had to give her something interesting to do down the road...
Napkin estimates indicate it would take 14-15 bps for the invisible ship, and another 12 or more for the flying. So, yes, I could spend those bps on that stuff, but so could you, or anyone else! :stuck_out_tongue:

If Halie had a ship, I totally would!

An invisible flying ship doesn't keep a crew happy or fed.

It makes piracy easier, and piracy feeds a crew.

A rich crew is a happy crew!

I'm sure PB would find a way to make it difficult.

Are we using the extended book writing rules from Covenants? I see we have a scribe already, but will we need a bookbinder and illuminator if we want full quality books if we ever decide to start writing tractatus for each other?

Build points update.
Change the Corpus vis previous assinged to Ysebrand to Terram vis
Add 10 pawns each of Corpus and Aquam. 4 bps
Add a 8 pawn Corpus vis source, I'll detail that a bit later. 40 bps

Also, what about the Healty Feature +3 boon? Yay or Nay?

Sure. Any ideas what the feature(s) might be?

The tasty salmon that are a staple of the diet of the covenant?
The fresh breeze off the Loch?
The waters of the Loch?

Any or all of the above?

I like the morning coastal breeze.

But not salmon. Salmon are disgusting.

And Loch Ness isn't exactly known for its crystal-clear water either.

Maybe it has something to do with the Faerie:1 aura that's in the woods. One of the covenant founders is a merinita, after all.

Salmon are delicious!

Oh please. Nothing pink should ever be consumed.

For that matter-- anything whose colour becomes its own crayola should never be consumed.

Updating existing bps:

• Ditching the L15Q15 Corpus summa in favour of an Imaginem summa, also L15Q15.

As for the other 44 bps:
Terram summa, L15 Q15
Teacher (character sheet forthcoming), Teaching 3, Com 5, Highest Ability (Latin) 6 (14bps)

Yes, we are, unless the troupe would rather we not. We have a skilled Scribe (ability: 6). We also have an Illuminator and/or a Binder as well, but unless someone wants to put Covenant Build Points (or possibly Personal Build Points and have them come with), then the Illuminator/Binder will be merely competent (skill 5 or less).