Covenant design discussion

You seem to have missed this part:

But I actually was bringing this up as Iosephus is a pacifist (perhaps an annoying one based on this statement :laughing: ), and Alexei would not want or allow his Covenmates to be unjustly attacked or provoked.

Haha yup - I was just kidding. Iosephus would be very unlikely to offend anyone on purpose, still less to provoke someone to declare a Wizard's War.

Except while transformed into flame, you passed through a covenant unawares and burned the whole durned thing to the ground...

Removed the Vintner (6 points) and the Gentle Herd lab text (4 points), replaced with a Teacher.

Another teacher?

Well, after browsing through the Covenants and the rules in the Main Rulebook, and not coming up with anything to benefit the covenant as a whole, I decided to be selfish for a change :smiley: and used the ten points to buy a little something for Fiona's laboratory: a hermetic still (as opposed to a still for making boozahol). Since I need to learn how to build a lab anyway...

Not sure I follow...how to build a lab?
Just haven't done it, and aren't sure or you have an actual question?

Just never done it before. I'll probably have questions once I get started, but a quick glance at the laboratory building section in Covenants doesn't look like it's laid out as well, or feels as intuitive, as character building does.

It could use some work. Metacreator is good in this regard, though. Do you have the covenants add on?

Yes I do! In fact, I was planning on going through the covenant design thread and doing the covenant, and then doing Fiona's lab with it.

Just to be clear, this is already setup and installed in your lab, just pick your specialization.

Going to go with Muto, I think. Now to pick a Flaw to offset the Virtue, since max Virtues - Flaws must be <= than Size + Refinement, which is currently +1 due to the size (and starting lab Refinement is always no more than 0 if I'm reading the rule right).

But this is just a Lesser Feature. It will easily fit within the lab without a flaw. Lesser Feature is a +1 Virtue.

Okay...Spacious doesn't count, then, since it was bought with points? In which case, wouldn't Lesser Feature (Still) not count, either, since it was also bought with build points? (sorry, just a little confused and trying to make sure everything is balanced)

Actually, I was just thinking that you wouldn't take Spacious and take the Lesser Feature.
When zlorfik donated his build points, he suggested spacious for "free" Since you're paying bps for a still, I just thought you'd take the still instead of spacious. If you want spacious, too, you'd need the flaw.

I guess I need to make this clarification somewhere.
Since a regio requires a corresponding increase in Aura, the manor house side, and all of the Mount actually (it's huge) is an aura of 4. The castle side is 5.

Fiona's Lab

Fiona's lab and sanctum are in a squat stone cottage, surrounded on all four sides by a large garden; each plot is as large as the building itself is. The sanctum marker itself is placed on the cottage door.

Size: +1
Refinement: +0
General Quality: 1
Upkeep: 3
Safety: 4
Warping: 0
Health: 2
Aesthetics: 4

Specializations: Muto +1, Rego +1, Herbam +1; Extracting Vis +1

[u]Minor Virtues[/u]
Lesser Feature (Still)(Aesthetics +1; Muto +1) ā€“ this is a Hermetic still, not to be confused with the still that Fiona uses to make her whisky. (paid for with Peregrine_Bjornaer's build points)
Spacious (Safety +2, Aesthetics +1) (paid for with zlorfic's build points)

[u]Free Virtues[/u]
Dedicated Building (Upkeep +1, Aesthetics +1; Rego +1)
Idyllic Surroundings (Health +2, Aesthetics +1; Herbam +1) ā€“ due to being surrounded on all sides by an extensive garden.
Superior Construction (Safety +1, Aesthetics +1)
Superior Equipment (General Quality +1, Upkeep +2, Safety +1; Extracting Vis +1)

[u]Flaws[/u]
Undecorated (Upkeep -1, Aesthetics -1)

I adjusted the Aegis of the Hearth spell in the library see below and or the Covenant Description text:

[1] The lab text has been upgraded to 35th level from 30th level at no cost. I'm adjusting the Aegis of the Hearth with the following guidelines: Base boundary is a 100 pace circle, which amounts to ~70,686 square feet or 1.61938 acres. Adjusting the boundary up by one magnitude, would reduce the effecitve Aegis coverage by one magnitude and increase the area covered by a factor of 10. To cover the 200 hectares (494.022 acres), which is the exterior wall on top of Mont Beuvray one needs to increase the boundary to 1,619.38 acres, or +3 magnitudes. The Aegis will cover the entirety of the mount and onto the other side of the Regio with ease at 20th level effect.

Also, this item has been under-discussed in the First council thread. If you want to live without an Aegis, that's certainly fine by me... :slight_smile:

So, based on the rejiggering of the Aegis of the Hearth to 35th level, we need a total WiCo of 70th level to get it off the ground. Apollodorus, Fiona and Silviatos all have Wico, and as luck would have it they have 40+15+15=70, but that's until the WiCo errata comes into play.
Factoring in Muvi errata, I think, if I recall, but I'm not willing to look it up right now, and I'll edit this post accordingly or just HR it...
If WiCo were sun duration, that would leave the extra power for increasing the level of the spell to 30+5+5 as it stands now, which is 40th level, or 30 levels short.
Thre is a 30th level WiCo in the library, if two people learn it that would get you to 80 total levels, more than double the AoH 35th level. Below are the lab totals as I've calculated them for these spells. This is an important discussion that needs to happen in the Council thread.

ReVi Lab Totals
[table][tr][td]Character[/td][td]Re[/td][td]Vi[/td][td]Int[/td][td]Mt[/td][td]Aura[/td][td]Bonus[/td] [td]Total[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Silviatos[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]35[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Alexei[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]32[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Iosephus[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]33[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Onesiphorus[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]35[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fiona[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]23[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Apollodorus[/td] [td]Don't[/td][td]Ask[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td][/td][/tr][/table]

MuVi Lab Totals
[table][tr][td]Character[/td][td]Mu[/td][td]Vi[/td][td]Int[/td][td]Mt[/td][td]Aura[/td][td]Bonus[/td] [td]Total[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Silviatos[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]35[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Alexei[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]32[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Iosephus[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]43[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Onesiphorus[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]33[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fiona[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]34[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Apollodorus[/td] [td]Don't[/td][td]Ask[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td]0[/td][/td][/tr][/table]

I don't have any objection to these.