Covenant resources

Kutiji: By having the lab text, the effect is fairly easy for anyone to reproduce it, and they have to spend a season on it, like they would on any minor lab virtue.

So, anything you can think of that is missing from the covenant ?

Sorry, i should give more details about the enchantment I design. I'll try to be clearer in the future. It is a base 4 for intellego aquam 'learn the natural properties of a mixture of liquid'. The +1 rego requisite is equivalent to controlling liquid in a gentle way.

The only thing specifically missing is that I do not think anyone present at game start has Aegis, nor do we have a casting tablet. All - am I wrong?

I am going to start with Aegis level 20 with my magus.

I will be able to invent the aegis of the hearth spell relatively easily in a season (up to level 30).

silveroak: see post above for the updated list of my BP.

Grigori insight requires 12 BP, since it could be used for either route of exploration.
Looking through the documentation, I would think we would be looking at a base of (control In an extremely gentle way) but a target of part, with an intelligo spell required to target the part, and that would have a base of 4.

My Vis from BP:
15 Co, 5 Ig.

Change Tailor to Carpenter (6)
30 levels enchanted items (6): under construction

1 An 0:
2 Aq 12: Flavius 5, EC 7
3 Au 10: KJ 10
4 Co 15: Flavius 15
5 Cr 67: KJ 5, EC 7, JP 20, Jebrick 15, KI 20
6 He 0:
7 Ig 5: Flavius 5
8 Im 0:
9 In 50: KJ 5, JP 15, Jebrick 15, KI 15
10 Me 0:
11 Mu 45: KJ 10, JP10, Jebrick 15, KI 10
12 Pe 20: KJ 5, Jebrick 15
13 Re 87: KJ 5, EC 7, JP 30, Jebrick 15, KI 30
14 Te 7: EC 7
15 Vi 32: EC 7, JP10,Jebrick 5, KI 10

Sorry for the bad format! I made an exel table and tried to copy it 
On An, He, Im and Me we have a blank !

The point to changing tailor is to not use points on people, since it still takes a grog slot and you can simply make the grog.

Ok, than I will spend them on Vis:
7 pawns for each of the following Arts: An, He, Im, Me and 2 for Vi

JeanPatrick and Exasperated Cultist both have changes that affect their totals which need to be made- the rest is clarification, so here are the lost resources of the covenant for those needing them for development:

Summae: Cr: L18/Q12, Pe:L12/Q18, Re:L11/Q19, An:L13/Q17, Aq:L12/Q18, Au:L14/Q16, Co:L7/Q:23 L10/Q20, He:L18/Q:12, Ig:L11/Q19, Im:L10/Q20, Me:L11/Q:19, Te: L7/Q23 L12/Q18, Vi:L17/Q13, Magic Theory: L5/Q20 L8/Q11, Penetration:L5/Q20, Finesse:L7/Q14, Artes Liberales:L5/Q20 L7/Q14, Arabic: L7/Q14, Dead Language (Ancient Greek):L6/Q17, Dead language (Aramaic):L6/Q17, Dead Language(Ancient Egyptian): L6/Q17, Philosophae: L8/Q11

Tracti: Im:11, Magic Theory:11/11, Artes Liberales:11, Philosophae:11, Co:10

Lovely list. Thank you Silveroak. Given that I want Tomas to have been born in the caravan, I will not be adding any more pre-start study seasons. Instead, this provides plenty for him to study from going forward. (As long as I am typing here, have you approved the post0-gauntlet experience for Tomas, and specified a cost for his cane? Also, I put in some questions about talisman making that would help in planning what order he undertakes his various planned future activities.)

A few quick questions :
-How many few seasons do we have per year ?
-Do we get exposure point in Romany for each year we are in the caravan ?

Also, another question. I think I read we can start with a familiar. How much vis would I have to bind it and improve the bond ?

I'll go over to the Tomas thread to get to those questions.

There are 4 seasons in a year.
You gain experience normally- if you spend a season learning Romany you gain 8xp in it, if you spend a season working and want to put your 2 exposure experience into Romany you may.

Vis cost for binding and improving familiars depends on the familiar, as per the rules in labs in the main book, p. 104.

Here are the enchanted Items.

Edit: Deleted the Helmet of watch and added the camping pot.

The pick that softens Stone: Level 15 MuTe
Lesser enchantment:
If this Pick is touching stone this stone will be soften so that it can be dug out or manipulated. The stone is soft like clay. The affected area is a 3 feet diameter with the pick at its center. See also rock of viscid clay. ArM5 P154.
Base 3, touch +1, diam +1, part+1, 24 uses/day+5

The camping pot for a good hot soup: Level 15 CrIg
Lesser enchantment:
The camping pot is a simple iron pot that boils everything within. The pot is big enough for 10 portion of soup or stew to be cocked within. Simply clap the bail to the correct side add water, and other ingredients and after a few diameter you will have a delicious meal .
Could be really useful in case there is no firewood and no magus arround
Base 4, Sun+2, 2 uses/day +1

In case you have any suggestions for more useful Items just let me know and I will try to design them.

sun is +2, not +1, this really sounds like concentration with maintains concentration...

Sorry for that mistake!
Yes conc and maintaining concentration would be best. But too expensive (in terms of Levels)
Had to search for another Level 15, or design some Level 30 and delete the pick. :frowning:

Changed the enchanted Items

After thinking about it a lot, I think i understand your point. I agree the probem is that a mixture of liquids is an indivual target and that the rego effect affet part of it. It would then be an intellego effect affect the whole mixture, and a rego effect using a linked trigger affecting part of it. The problem is, it cannot be lesser enchantment and needs to be an invested item.

I think this is a reasonable interpretation. The magic item would be as follow:

Invested Item: Decanter of the Undiluted Essence
This inversted item is uses to extract a fluid from a mixture and remove the impurities it may contains, as long as the user concentrate.
Item: A bronze vase with one handle, engraved with scenes of Hercules fighting and ultimately slaying the Lernean Hydra. The neck of the vase separates in two, and each extremity is adorned with an hydra head. The purified fluid flows from the rightmost one, while the rest of the mixture flows from the leftmost one.

This items is based on vase discovered in the ruins of a Temple of Mercury. It was a contentious issue between the elder magi of the caravan. Was it used to purify watered wine or during secret rituals ? To this day, the topic is till open for debate.

Effect: InAq(Te) 20 Investigating the Essence (Base 4, +1 touch, +1 conc, +10 unlimited uses per day)

Effect: ReAq(Te) 20 Gathering the Essence (Base 1, +1 touch, +1 conc, +1 part, +3 linked trigger (Investigating the Essence), +10 unlimited uses per day, +3 environmental trigger (only in a magical aura, to discourage).

Benefit: +1 General Quality, +1 Vim, +1 Aquam

Quick question - when learning languages, is there any reason we cannot spend a season doing (i.e. working) at something else, and gain the Practice XP in language or area lore instead of exposure using the Practice rules in AR5 pg 164?

Other than you can only get experience from one source in a season (excluding exposure).