[Cthulhu Gloom] Ruling Questions (The Festival)

1. Okay, so The Festival tells you to set aside your hand, draw three cards, and play them on your family if possible, and then discard those you couldn't.
    But what happens if you draw (and play, as required) Went Mad at the Mountains or something similar? Do you:
    a) Discard your hand, which you set aside, but only those cards
    b) Discard the other Festival cards, under the assumption that it counts as your hand for this play
    c) Discard your set-aside hand and your Festival cards, as they all count as your hand.
    d) Discard nothing, because your set-aside hand doesn't count as your hand for the play, and neither do the Festival cards.

I think it's either (a) or (c), leaning towards (a), under the reasoning that the hand, while set aside, is still your hand, though I could also see it being (c), as the use of the term draw implies that the Festival cards count as a part of your hand too. My friend thinks it's (b) or (d), under the assumption that the set-aside cards do not count as your hand while playing The Festival (think of the exile zone in M:TG), and that the Festival cards might not count either.
So, what's the right answer?

1. And while we're on it, does The Festival require you to create conditions where you could play all the cards, even if you don't want to? For example, say you have one family member with a madness icon, and your three draws include one modifier that can only be played on a character with a madness icon, and another modifier that functionally covers up or removes that madness icon. Could you:
    a) Play the cover-up card first, then discard the madness-dependent modifier because it has no valid targets (is no longer possible to play)
    or
    b) would preventing yourself from playing the madness-dependent modifier not be allowed, because the imperative to play all the cards if possible overrides any consideration of play order?

2. Also, does the optional drawing modification on Gibbered by Ghouls apply to all draws, or just the ones at the end of the turn? (Again, I argue the former, my friend thinks it's just the latter.)