Custom spells

I look forwards to finding that out when the game advances to a year or so. Sadly, the Grog's don't have any listed personality traits other than flaws (I don't blame you! That's a ton of people) so I'll leave it to you as to who Oliverius can find to test his spells on.

Anna plans to invent a new spell
Rise of the Maga ReCo-25
R: Per D: Sun T: Ind
The maga who casts this spell can fly as fast as a horse runs! If the maga is knocked unconscious she will float to the earth slowly.
Base 15 +2 Sun

Zulima turns out to be quite an angry person...
Paco is quite the reverse.
I've only done turb personality so far...

Oliverius's design will be including +5 levels for item maintaining concentration, bringing the level to 45, since he can do that after his studies.
Since Oliverius is making the item for this at the end of the year, he will be designing the item with Zulima in mind. It's a level 45 effect, so sadly it will warp anyone else using it. Being a polite magus, he will offer Paco a pawn of vis if he volunteers for the experiment (since it will cause Warping). Zulima will not be warped by the spell, but Oliverius will give him the extra charged items as payment, since it is geared towards him anyway.

EDIT PS: how many extra magnitudes would it be to select different personality traits for different items, since I'm planning my next creation.

I'm not sure of the question- MuMe can select any personality trait to transform- unless you are talking about enchanting multiple spells to target multiple personality traits- this simply prevents it from being a lesser enchantment.

Actually, I was wondering if it was possible to add magnitudes to have a single spell that could select a different personality trait on each cast. One activation targets Wrath, the next activation targets Fear.... Similar to how when casting PeMe you can choose which memory to delete each casting, rather than always targetting the last 5 minutes.

The thing is at some point what you have is less of a spell and more of a focus power. When you target different memories you are still targeting memory- just at different points. Emotions … okay, I do see spells whih indicate "an emotion" in Me, and with no additional magnitudes, so we will go with that example.

I have no problem with you saying I can or cannot do this plan. At this point I'm just slowly advancing Oliverius into madman-cackling territory. I'm happy to get my next item be +1 magnitudes for variable emotion selection.. or you could say it takes no magnitudes.. or is impossible without a breakthrough. Let me know and I'll plan ahead!

variable emotion appears to be common for other mentem spells (especially PeMe) so for consistency I will allow it for this as well- however changing it into variable objects will need to follow the Cr crafting rules for use of finesse.

The plan is to turn it into bars of metal which can be forged by a blacksmith. >.>

okay... but when the emotion would end naturally those bars of metal will disappear...

Yeah... emotions would be trickier than personality traits I suppose. I'll figure out how the Verditius wants to proceed next year....

personality traits can't actually be targeted, they influence emotions targeted by the spell. someone with an angry personality trait has a different quality to the anger the spell targets than someone with a peaceful personality trait.