Damasus Ex Tremere

Damasus Ex Tremere
original post with advancement : https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/arm5-game-oppidum-of-heviz-2-3-players/8100/67

Personality traits:
Cheerful +2, Ambitious +3, Optimistic +6

Characteristics: Int +2, Per 0, Pre +2, Com 0, Str 0, Sta +1, Dex 0, Qik 0
Casting Sigil : Smell of snowdrop
Voting sigil : A bee and a laurel leaf trapped into amber
Mater : Angiola Ex Tremere

Size: 0
Age: 55 (36), Height: 165 cm, Weight: 65 kg, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 2 (10)
Confidence: 1 (3)

Virtues and Flaws: The Gift, Hermetic Magus, Tremere certamen focus *, Minor Magical Focus (Detecting magic), Puissant Penetration, Gentle Gift, Affinity with Intellego, Affinity with Vim, Subtle Magic, Quiet Magic (×2), Optimistic (major), Ambitious (minor), Favors (Juturnus of Tremere), Weak Magic Resistance (Intense Heat)

Combat:
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack , Defense +1, Damage
Fist: Init: +0, Attack +1, Defense +1, Damage +0
Kick: Init: 1, Attack +1, Defense +0, Damage +3
Soak: +1
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, 1, 3, 5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: 1 (1 5), 3 (6 10), 5 (11 15), Incapacitated (16 20), Dead (21+)
Longevity ritual at 35 for a +11 bonus (19 pawns invested) :
+1 apparent age as a result of aging roll

Abilities:
Kipchak 5 (trading), Charm 3(first impression), Guile 3 (fast talk), Awareness 3(alertness), Ride 2(speed), Concentration 2(spell concentration), Brawl 1(dodging), Intrigue 2(plotting), Stealth 1(shadowing), Swim 1(underwater maneuvering), Bargain 1(virtus), Etiquette 1(magus), Leadership 1(inspiration), Latin 5(hermetic terms), Artes Liberales 4(astology), Magic Theory 4 (inventing spells), Parma Magica 5(mentem), Penetration 5+2(ignem), Code of Hermes 2(tribunal procedure), Order of Hermes Lore 1 (politics), Scribe 1(clear), finesse 2 (craft magic), Area lore (tribunal) 2,magic lore (creatures) 2, folk keen (magi) 2, Craft (wax statue) 3, Faery lore 1 (dark fairy), spell mastery Chilling hand 2 (multicast2).

Arts: Cr 5 In 18 Mu 5 Pe 15 Re 10 An 0 Aq 0 Au 0 Co 5 He 0 Ig 15 Im 5 Me 5 Te 1 Vi 18

Equipment : wizardry robe, astrolabe, wax
Encumbrance: 0 (0)

Spells Known:
Vision of Heat's Light (InIg 20)
Well Without Light (PeIg 25)
Whispering Winds (InAu 15)
Whispers Through the Black Gate (InCo(Me) 15)
Sense of the Lingering Magic (InVi 30) *
Demon's Eternal Oblivion (PeVi 5)
Touch of the Goose Feather (PeCo 5)
Cloak of the Duck's Feathers (ReAq 5)
Sight of active magic (InVi 40)*
Voice of shivering PeIg15 (cold damage +5 : base 5 +2 voice)
Discern the images of truth and falsehood InIm 25
Silencing gaze (like silence of the smothered sound with range eye) PeIm15
Dreadful bane of the fae PeVi 5 (GoTF)
Sap the griffon's strength PeVi 5 (GoTF)
Words of unbroken silence (CrMe 10)
Disguise of new visage (MuCo 15)
Orb of darkness (PeIg 20) (Magi of Hermes)
Summoning the distant image (InIm 25)
Peering into the mortal mind (InMe 30)
The inexorable search (InCo 25)
Convergence of birth (InCo 10) (Hermetic Project)
The Minute of Reckoning (ReVi 15) (Hermetic Project)
Unraveling the fabric of vim (PeVi 5)
Wizard's icy grip (PeIg 30)
Break the Weak Shield (PeVi 5) (Hermetic Project)
Chilling hand (+5 cold damage base 5 +1 touch) (PeIg 10)
Sense of magical power (InVi 2)*
Image of the beast (InAn 5)
*focus apply

(I reduced faery lore to 1 because I didn't realised buying a longevity ritual was using 1 season)

[edit : arts error
Edit 2 : voting sigil
Edit 3 : mater]

Looks pretty good. Can you do a write up for a bit of history. Try to tell me about Juturnus and why he owes you favors.

I'm assuming that Optimistic and Ambitious flaws are major.

Sure will do the history and appearance asap.

Only Optimistic is major i'll edit this.

Favors is a flaw I actually owe him favors :wink:

What? A Tremere? In our Opiddum?! Who approved this!?

Let's hope this is in character talk and not players thought..

A bit of background...

He was born under the name Hakan. He is a cuman boy whose tribe fled to Hungary after the battle of kalta when he was 3. Even after he moved, he was sheltered from the outside, because he is the child of the Shaman. His father had great hope for him and tried to teach him cuman culture despite our migration.

The boy was found when he began to have accidents because of her emerging gift, he was 7.
At 10 when he was considered mature enough, he received an Initial training as assessor and soon after gauntlet worked initially mostly with senior magi in need of a trusted person to deal with people affected by the gift.

He was then given the task to try to get informations on what seemed like a new hedge wizard tradition settling into the tribunal, attracted by the absence of "witch hunting". He failed this mission hard, was trapped and almost leaked them the secret to parma magica. He could escape his fate thanks to the intervention of Juturnus of Tremere but He had antagonized them against the order already. Juturnus kept most of the story for himself and only reported that the contact hasn't worked and I owe him my reputation in the House for this.

Because of this he couldn't refuse when he asked him to join the Oppidium Héviz. Despite its reputation, he's certain everything is going to be alright.

He's rather handsome and a rather straightforward and optimistic guy so thanks to his Gentle gift he usually gets on well with the servants.When he travels outside his Oppidium, He's often found riding a nice light grey horse. He's almost always carrying a small circular leather bag carrying his Astrolab. He's often dressed in a Cuman fashion with their typical hat and tunic unless taking part to a formal meeting with magi.

Yes...hope...nothing amiss here... :smiling_imp:

Welcome aboard!