Damocles Ex Miscelanea

How so?

My calculations

2 (Int) + 5 (MT with Spec) + 10 (Rego) + 5 (Vim) + 3 (Aura) = 25 (Maintain Demanding Spell)

2 (Int) + 5 (MT with Spec) + 10 (Rego/Muto) + 10(Terram/Corpus) +10 (Focus) + 3 (Aura) = 40 (Form of the Gigantes)

2 (Int) + 5 (MT with Spec) + 10 (Rego) + 3 (Aura) = 20 (Ward Against Heat and Flames)

By how far off am I with your numbers?

And yes I will do that; my intention wasn't to start an argument.

hardness of titan's steel: making a weapon unbreakable would not increase its damage- this would be a separate effect.
Giant's onslaught- this degree of ability will require some degree of manifestation of physical change, and depending on its nature potentially an animal requisite that would not add levels.

On the first three you are correct- the spreadsheet doesn't catch specializations, and honestly I have at this point gotten accustomed to everything with you being a fight so I did not double check.

Titan Steel and Giant's Onslaught are both "canon" spell if you could call it that. (First one is based on Hardness of Adamantite from Flambeau Chapter of Societas, and the Charge is from Magi of Hermes: Hugh of Flambeau (Avalanche of Flesh and Steel).

The damage aspect of the spell however isn't that important so I'd drop it if you think it doesn't work. Second one is fairly similar to how it is in the book but I'd have no issue adding Animal requisite.

FYI I do not consider spells from MOH to be canon, because the fact is they frequently do not follow the guidelines and seem to be one author's unchecked opinions as to what spell levels should be.

That eliminates the Giant's Onslaught. Would that one work if given Animal requisite for actual transformation?

Though...would that mean I'd need to level up a third Athletics Ability for Horse legs?

Horses legs are one option, but you could as easily make the legs twice their normal length to give a longer stride- I only require some manifestation to explain the ability, not a specific manifestation.

Alright, so to make some final adjustments; I will revert to Faerie Antipathy: Underworld in place of the Monstrous Appearance. Putting 15xp from "Human Athletics" to Ancient Greek.

Thinking it could be cool to attain a "true" Gigantes form by doing Original Research. What do you think of this:

• I'd like to be able to do research in "Potent Mythic Blood" (Basically Ettin-Mod, see Rival Magic 109.). But, would I be able to start soon after the game start; under justification that I would already have an inspiration from the stories of Gigantes' abilities and monstrous forms, perhaps believing further power can be drawn from the blood? Or could I only start such research if I encounter / hear of Muspelli, Makhai or the Irish Fomorian-Bloods?

• On the side note. Would the Soak increase from the "Form of Gigantes" spell be compatible spells like "Gift of the Bear's Fortitude"?

• Lastly, I'd like to change this character's name to Pallas.

seriously, we are this close to approval and you are rearranging your flaws?

Fine, lets keep it as is.

What about other questions there?

There are problems- there is no way you would have finished your gauntlet without an ability in ancient Greek, and I should have caught that earlier. However if you return to faerie antipathy that 1) brings up the question of where faerie traits came from in this background, and 2) requires modification of the spell list since he no longer has snake legs.
Part of me wants to simply reject the entire character, part of me wants to work with you to get something you want to play that still fits the setting, and it honestly feels like you aren't really giving any thought to your character design, merely tossing out this that and the other based on what sounds good and leaving the heavy lifting of the process to me. I think we are a ways away from discussing investigating additional mysteries at this point.

I know the usual recommendation for the Apprenticeship is a score of 4 within a Hermetic Language; however Thebes being Thebes means communication in Hermetic circles remains easy enough since they speak and cast in Greek. Reading would be a problem yes but getting taught one on one, as you usually do in apprenticeship and vis study remain plausible options.

What is the minimum score you want for the Classical Greek? Removing my score in Human Athletics (and putting it towards Ancient Greek) can get me up to score of 2 to begin with.

Spell list needs no remedy if Horrifying Appearance is kept, which is the impression I got from that response. Seriously tho, what heavy lifting are you talking about; I chose stuff that I think should work and work for the character, I ask for approval for everything as you wanted, rinse and repeat until all is good?

Again the last question was not related to the inner mysteries or anything to do with the cult specifically, only if I am able to engage in a specific original research.

A 2 would be deficient but could happen with a parens who didn't realize you hadn't covered Ancient Greek in your pre-apprenticeship education and were "faking" ancient Greek based on modern Greek until later.
As for 'heavy lifting' I get the impression you are only skimming what I write to try and decide what you need to switch and then picking your changes based on a "rule of cool" rather than an development of the character.
You can research anything, whether the results will be what you hoped is another matter...
Go ahead and change from human athletic to ancient Greek...

Switched that XP around.

Altered the Giant's Onslaught for Animal requisite, level and physical manifestation.

One thing I just wanna note is his characteristics; I only put 3 points into Stamina (Score of 2) which is then raised to 3 by Magical Blood and then to 4 by Giant's Blood, so those numbers should be fine as well.

I asked earlier about name change to Pallas; would that be possible?

Oh and one more thing; what kind of armor can I have out of apprenticeship?

Which covenant would he be in? The availability of armor is dependent on social role and covenant more than a general rule.
Name changed, character approved

I was thinking he probably would have been apprenticed in Erebos due to it's structure, stated official goal and features; prime location for a minor Mystery tradition. His parens could be one of the undefined magicians over there?

Then any armor or weapons would be acceptable.

When looking at stats for different types of Armor, which book should i refer to; Core or Lords of Men?

either is acceptable- the numbers work out generally the same but LoM allows greater detail.