Diedne Magic and Requisites

Was wondering how the Diedne ability handled requisites when they spont??

Do you double up the lowest art wether it a requisite or not??
Tech Cr(41) + Form Im(25) (Req Me20 x 2 =40) = 81

Or do you just double the lowest primary art??
Tech Cr(41) + Form Im(25 x 2 = 50) (Req Me 20) = 61

Thrumbar :question:

By its wording you can see that this part of Diedne Magic should work the same way as a Magical Focus for fatiguing spontaneous magic, hence (ArM5 p. 45f and Errata for ArM5 p.46), if a requisite is the lowest applicable Art, that one is doubled for the casting total.

Kind regards,

Berengar

I agree with Berenger. That part of Diedne magic works just like as a magical focus for fatiguing spontaneous magic.

Thanks. :laughing:

I don't follow your calculations. Surely the result should be 66? (41 + min[25, 2*20])

No, you always double after taking the minimum. It has been clarified in the errata, IIRC, due to confusion regarding the wording of major/minor focus. Diedne Magic works just the same:

41 + min[25,20]*2 = 81

Ah, really? I'd missed that one! Yes, I always thought it was overkill to make the minor focus both less powerful and less comprehensive.

Means I'll have to re-write my Ars Magica RPG client though :-/

Which client is the one you use. I use a Excell spreadsheet from ..

http://www.geocities.com/sanctumhr/SancMisc/sancmisc.html

I just inserted a column to the right of the casting total and put this formula
in it (got it from a helpfull person on the excell news forums) microsoft.public.excel.newusers --
Just do a search for Thrumbar on that newsgroup. Changed the formula
so it would work in the column I made to the right of the casting totals instead of the spont area which I deleted from my personal version.

D16 Form
E16 Tech
F16 Te Req
G16 Fo Req
H16 Spell Level
I16 Casting Total
K16 Affinity

=IF(F16="",INDIRECT(D16),MIN(INDIRECT(D16),INDIRECT(F16)))
+IF(G16="",INDIRECT(E16),MIN(INDIRECT(E16),INDIRECT(G16)))
+Sta+IF(K16="",0,$D$2)+MIN(INDIRECT(D16),INDIRECT(E16),
IF(F16="",INDIRECT(D16),INDIRECT(F16)),IF(G16="",INDIRECT(E16)
,INDIRECT(G16)))

Just paste it as one long formula

Thrumbar

I'm writing my own in C# to support my chat-based campaign :slight_smile: It's basically a multipane relay chat client with special support for RPG communication and (Ars) character sheets.