Do people use the WaRP system now days?

Hello You all nice people on Atlas Games RPG Forum

I am genuinely interested in knowing, do people use the WaRP System nowadays. Do people write and publish material using the WaRP system and its OGL? Do people play Over the Edge with the WaRP engine? Do folks convert material using WaRP, to Over the Edge the 3rd Edition?

I want to hear your thoughts, experiences, uses, and philosophies about the WarP in the year 2024.

As to sparking fire for the thoughts and conversations, I'll start first. I am planning to run at least a couple of sessions of the Good Old Over the Edge RPG. Some sessions with the first edition. Some sessions with the 2nd edition. I have decided to keep on converting bits, bobs, and pieces of the gigantic pool of the 1st and the 2nd Edition Over the Edge RPG to my Over the Edge the 3rd Edition sessions.

I am currently in the process of chaotically thinking, should I/Could I/Shall I use my bubbling and creative brain energy to publish something on WaRP, with the OGL...

What are Your thoughts on the subject?

1 Like

We haven’t played OTE for years but I hope someone of the others in the group will take on the GM role for such campaign as I have my head full of plans for other campaigns. We are five and everyone are GMs, we are not plagued with the Forever GM Syndrome.

I could consider do oneshots but that is it. I struggle to get my head around the new rules though.

Would it be interesting to play by forum? Due to my plans above, I do not plan to GM such an endeavour but like everyone else play.

1 Like

I think that the Over the Edge 3rd Edition works well for the forum play, and it is also suitable for the play-by-post-play. The character creation is very freeform and all the casting the lots make the story go forward, even when things don't go as planned.

And yeah, I understand it isn't the easiest task to learn the new rules since the system is very different than the WaRP system. But once You figure it out, it's very simple and smooth to run.

I wasn't planning to run anything on forum, but I can be open for the possibility if there are players who would be interested...

1 Like