Reserved for the finished Character.

[size=150]Pre-Apprentice[/size]

"Don't go outside at night,
least ye attract the sith's sight,
then they'll sweep you away,
with only Eala to say,
'work hard though the day'!"

[i]Aine

As you know the Aonaranan of the Highlands, at least of any reknown are invited to Mac Gruagach prior to the Tribunal meeting. It is a bit of festival to be honest.
My route there this time took me through Sutgerland. I camped by a large loch that seems to feed off the river Shin. I was rather surprised to find that the waters became still and the small magical aura of my campsite for which was chosen became overwelmed with the touch of the Faerie Realm. Naturally this did not bother me overly as it is the nature of our house to visit such places.
What did concern me was that the people closest to this area said that it was the providence of a powerful Unseelie Enchantress, though opinion seems to be divided about she is primarily an Ashray or a Baobahn sixth.
Regardless I had no desire to encounter the creature. Fortunately it seems this Ellora has taken some poor child as a servant girl, and she is not so eager to kill trespassers. She was kind and clever enough to help me avoid her mistress.
Bear in mind not all of the fae are as your mothers retainers. Should your side lose that god awful game it may be you washing down the tables and mopping the floors.
So please try to pay attention to you master...even if he is an old fuddy duddy.

Eymery ex Merinta[/i]

"A child of the fae is an odd thing given to strange magics. A child of a fae magician doubly so."

[size=150]Apprenticeship 1200AD-1215AD[/size]
"Caitlin Suil Uaine,

My new apprentice has proven to be an extremely difficult student. Not only is she completely illiterate but she has a most remarkable ability to focus on the most irrelevant things. Who cares about which magus was the first to settle the British Isles or who accompanied Pralix's hedge wizard army? I've had to spend more time teaching her basic skills than the arts!

Still she shows some potential. She has a strong foundation in the practicallys of the Good Folk and decent social skills. She could easily grow into an ambassader of the Order if we mold her correctly.

Still given the difficulties, i feel it best that i stop my wandering ways temporarily, requesting that I be allowed to return to Crun Clach so that my apprentice may benefit as I did when I studied under you. Perhaps your daughter could help bring my erstwhile sith-child into the fold.

Emyery filla Caitlin ex Merinta."

[size=150]At Gauntlet 1215AD[/size]
Name: Ealasaid Ua'Ellora

[table][tr][td]Born: 1190 AD[/td]
[td] Size: +1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Age: 25 (25)[/td]
[td]Confedance: 1 (3)[/td][/tr][/table]

Characteristics
[table][tr][td]Intelligence +2[/td]
[td]Presence +3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Perception +0[/td]
[td]Communication +1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Strength +0[/td]
[td]Dexterity +0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stamina +1[/td]
[td]Quickness -1[/td][/tr][/table]

Virtues: The Gift*, Clear Thinker, Faerie Magic*, Faerie-Raised Magic, Good Teacher, Large, Strong Faerie Blood - Sith (Sidhe), Second Sight*

• Indictates Free Virtue.

Flaws: Ability Block: Theological (Church Lore, Dominion Lore,[strike]Etiquette, Folk Ken,[/strike]Theology [All]), Faerie Heritage, Faerie Upbringing, Overconfident, Vulnerable Magic, Weird Magic

Abilities
[table][tr][td]Animal Handling 2[/td]
[td]Arte Liberals 1 (Music)[/td]
[td]Athletics 2 (Shinty)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Awareness 2[/td]
[td]Bargain 2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Concentration 1 (Spell Concentration)[/td][td]Living Language: Gaelic 5[/td][td]Faerie (realm) Lore 3[/td][/tr][tr][td]Faerie Magic 1[/td][td]Finesse 1[/td][td]Folk Ken 2[/td][td]Dead Language: Latin 4 (Hermetic use)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Magic Theory 3[/td][td]Music 2 (Singing)[/td][td]Organization Lore: Order of Hermes 3 (History)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Organization Lore: House Merinita 1[/td][td]Parma Magicia 1[/td][td]Second Sight 2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Stealth 2[/td][td]Survival 2[/td][?tr][/table]

Arts Cr 4 (1), In 4, Mu 3, Pe 3, Re 4
An 3, AQ 4 (2), Au 3, Co 3, He 3, IG 3, I'm 3, Me 3, Te 3, Vi 3

Spells Known
Watching Ward (ReVi 10)
Trackless Step (ReTe 10)
The Call to Slumber (ReMe 10)
Wizard's Sidestep (ReIm 10)
Aura of Ennobled Presence (MuIm 10)
Winter's Icy Touch (PeIg 10)
Lamp without Flame (CrIg 10)
Intuition of the Forest (InHe 10)
Conjure the Sturdy Vine (CrHe 5)
Bind Wound (CrCo 10)
Ward against Rain (ReAu 10)
Air's Ghostly Form (CrAu 5)
Touch of Pearl (InAq 5)
Circle of Beast Warding (ReAn 5)

The Ability block shouldn't include Etiquette and Folk Ken, IMO. If you want to extend the ability block to prevent those abilities being used on Church folk, sure, but that's more of a character/personal style thing, and if that's the case, consider Charm, Intrigue and Guile and any other social skill should be blocked with respect to clergy. One can use Etiquette, Folk Ken and the others in ways other than dealing with members of the clergy.

I was hoping you'd say that. It didn't sit right with me either. I just wasn't sure that the Ability Block was a propper flaw without being tougher to deal with.

First 10 years past Gauntlet
Area Lore: Scottish Highlands (10), Magic Theory (5), Magic (Realm) Lore (10), Muto (10), Faerie Magic (5)
Warping 0 (4)

Arte Liberals (5), Philosophy (5), Area Lore: Scottish Lowlands (10), Rego (10), Penetration (10),
Warping (2)

Latin (2), Order of Hermes Lore (8), Perdo (10), Faerie (Realm) Lore (10), Code of Hermes (10)
Warping (2)

Charm (10), Concentration (10), Intellgo (10), Area Lore: Scottish Highlands (10)
Warping (2)

Etiquette (10), Creo (10), Intrigue (10), Parma Magica (10)
Warping (2)

Area Lore: Scottish Highlands (5), Magic Theory [Using Vis] (15), Vim (10), Bargain (10)
Warping (2)

Awareness (10), Second Sight (10), Single Weapon (10),
Warping (2)

Creo (20), House Merinta Lore (10), Faerie (Realm) Lore (10)
Warping (2)

Magic Theory (10), Aquam (10), Single Weapon (5), Corpus (15)
Warping (2)

Corpus (30), Creo (10)

Magic Theory (10), Creo (16), Corpus (4),
1 season and 11 pawns of vis creating a basic longevity ritual
(Double-checking formula, CrCo lab total [2+10+11+5+3] 31 + 4 points vis= 35. Magnitude 7 LR, not counting the House rules).
1d10-7

When you post your progress, also post a snapshot of the character so I don't have to calculate Art and Ability scores from scratch.
Edit:
By my calculation, you started with a Magic Theory score of 3 (30 xp) and added 40 xp to it, bring you to a total of 70 xp, which is not quite a score of 5, so 4. I also noticed you have only added 5 xp to Faerie Magic, so it's still at 1, and so if Faerie vis was used in the LR, you still couldn't use that much vis. I calculate 4x2+1x2=10 pawns max[1] but only if it is all faerie vis, which is fine by me. :wink:

Regarding the Longevity ritual, you don't need it at 35 with Strong Faerie Blood, and your magic theory score doesn't appear to be high enough to handle 11 pawns of normal Vis. You need an effective score of 6[1] and all faerie vis. I don't think of (Using Vis) as an appropriate specialty. Make it Creo, Corpus, or something else you'll want to keep for a long time, at the very least. I think the 4 extra vis is possibly unnecessary, and you actually need 5 points to make the LR go to the next level... Check my math, I'm posting from my iPad. Which between autocorrects and the forum eating my post is driving me crazy.

It also appears you took to much XP, since the season you're making the LR you can't really learn anything else. Whether you make or buy it, it's presumed you're losing the season of XP.

[1] You're really close, and might go over the top with specialties and could conceivably be able to use 14 pawns of vis here, if it is all Faerie vis.