Egypt - A book regarding...

This is a bit off-topic, but I hope that no-one minds my mentioning it.

The Egyptian Book Of The Dead exhibition at the British Museum is excellent. I cannot praise it highly enough. There is so much to discover about the ancient Egyptians' magic, mythology and death rituals. If you get a chance to go, I strongly urge you to take it.

Even Mel Gibson is doing something about middle ages Egypt! :wink:

theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news ... ans-copts/

Ok - back to being semi-serious. Is there a hope in hell? :wink: A glimmer in someone's eye? a twitch in a finger? Has it ever been discussed in that thrice holy inner circle?

I've considered it, but not on a 1220 timeframe. The author pool has guys who would Simply Be Better for this, although I could do my usual thing of turning up and running errands, doing research, and doing the bits no-one else wants.

Now, during the reign of Akhenaten, when the magicians crush out the first emergence of the Dominion? Oh, yes, yes indeed. Not as a formal book, because its outside line policy, but if we ever did "Ancient Magic II: Hermetic Boogaloo" I'd have a Malinese and three Egyptian traditions which are ready to work up, and perhaps something based on Axum...I can't quite get that one to jell.

(Added later: I am completely unaware of any plan to do an Ancient Magic II. I just meant that I have four "seek and steal artifacts" stories, based on some Egyptian sources.)

Speaking about this....

... are alternative time frames even thought about using the Ars setting? I guess it is more work than anything, but it can be cool... I have always wanted to run a prehermetic saga, after all :slight_smile:

The Romans had trade ports at the tip ofthe Red Sea, so if you accept the idea of a pregenerative Roman order, then it could theoretically have remnants in the Red Sea area even in 1220.

As to Mesoamerica: I did think that the Aztecs could be doing Diedne blood magic. I've not really worked on the idea, but it does give the Conquisatdors and their Flambeau allies some challenge when they come after all that gold.

Insofar as I understand it, not in the fomral line. Sub Rosa, perhaps? I ran an SF Stargate saga once, and in another saga had the characters take part in the Normandy Landings. (or was that Pendragon?)

Misr!