Enchanted Item Confusion

In the examples in 5th Ed for lesser enchanted devices there are a couple of references that don't appear to make sense. I checked the errata and they are not listed so the confusion deepens:

1. They note that the sample mage is creating a wooden wand which can only hold 2 pawns of vis. Now, I read the table on the previous page that shows size/material vis limits and it shows wood 2, wand x2 which suggests to me that a wooden wand will hold 4 pawns. Where am I getting it wrong?

2. They note that a bone wand would give +4 for bone and +4 for wand bonus to the spell but the magae only has Magic theory of 4 so the further bonus from bone would be wasted. I can't find any explanation of why that would be. Is there a limit to the form/material bonuses based on your magic theory? If so, where is that noted?

Thanks for your help,

Y.

For number 1 you're right, it is a mistake, good eye.

For number 2, you can only add up to your Magic Theory x2 as a bonus when enchanting. The first time is your base Magic Theory, the second time comes from Shape and Material bonuses and/or Philosophaie for Verditius who decide to use Verditian Runes. So any way you go about it, you can only get your Magic Theory twice, if you're a Verditius though you have an easier time getting that bonus, plus you can add your Craft score if you actually create the item. This is noted on page 99 under Constant Duration effects. Verditian rules are on 93.