Errata Pause

I am going to stop collecting errata for a while, for a few reasons.

First, I was collecting errata primarily for ArM5D, and the manuscript for that is now essentially finished, and handed over to Atlas.

Second, at this point I think it would be best to wait for people to get ArM5D so that they can see what is in it, and use it as the baseline for any further errata.

Third, the shift to open licensing might well change how we want to handle errata. It will fundamentally change the relationship between Atlas and the wider community, and errata is one of the things that might change.

Finally, sorting out errata takes time and effort, and I'm not being paid for that. :wink:

There will be another errata update in a couple of weeks or so when I finish sorting out the formatting of the file I have now, but I am not planning to gather any more errata for it at this point.

Thanks for all the errata; they have helped make ArM5D better than it would otherwise have been.

22 Likes

I will say that I'm sort of sad errata is stopping, but I also understand that you have the right to be paid for your time, and thank you for the effort you've put in so far. Looking forward to ArM5D

4 Likes

Pretty much what @Temprobe said. Better that you asked for it than not, glad the community was able to contribute.