Eve ex Verditius

You are mixing up your targets on this one. As you are targeting the metal and you have it as a group you get +12 to the aiming roll (RAW pg 86). I have seen nothing in any rules for aiming at a group with a group of objects. Realize that if you CREATED 100 arrow heads you could target a group of people. But not with rego.

not sure about the flying with this. The target is still individual so it would effect 1 boot not both. Have fun balancing on that.

Seems fine to me

Okay, I guess, although those pieces of metal in the boots had better be strong enough to take the maga's weight. And they need to be visible from the outside. Oh, wait, the target is Individual, the magus will have to balance on one foot unless you design them so they lock together ! (actually, I would allow the spell to work on both pieces together, given that a ReCo 25 and Cr(Re)Au 30 spells already allow flight, but that bends the rules).

The spell is not aimed I take it (we already had that discussion...) ? Then I guess it's fine, since it limits itself to ten pieces of metal, it's just a fancy way of doing direct damage to a group, and Base 5 for +10 damage is in line with the existing guidelines.

She can just cast it twice. (My intent with the boots.) When she goes out expecting trouble she'll probably cast it several times in fact.

The spell is not aimed I take it (we already had that discussion...) ? Then I guess it's fine, since it limits itself to ten pieces of metal, it's just a fancy way of doing direct damage to a group, and Base 5 for +10 damage is in line with the existing guidelines.
[/quote]
Yup, intent was that its not an aimed spell.

??? Its not an aimed spell. No aiming bonus. Its the invisible sling except that it affects 10 objects, has increased range and can target metal.

Invisible sling IS an aimed spell. From pg 86. If a spell can be resisted is is not aimed. If it can not be resisted then it is aimed. The target of the spell is the metal not the people.

I finally read that passage couple of days ago. It's pretty clear from the example an the language that increases in magnitude due to increasing the size of the T:Individual that it becomes easier to target. The example is of a single large pit.
Affecting a group should probably yield something, but I'm not sure +12 is appropriate for finesse. After all the guidelines in HoH:S doe not reflect an increase of chance to hit, but instead yield greater damage.

To be specific its mimicking wielding the invisible sling. Not an aimed spell. Page 38 HoH:S spells that out explicitly. My version of the spell is resistable, and un-aimed.

Then there is no bonus.

Right! No aiming bonus since its not aimed. There was so much confusion about aimed group spells, I just decided to go with a crater making spell for my aimed attacks.

I'm still not comfortable with getting target group of people when you are targeting the metal. I think it can only hit one person.

This is true if the target were the people. the target of the spell is the metal. It is getting two targets in one spell.

He really should get a benefit for upping the Target to Group, right ? He gets to throw up to ten 'arrows' instead of one, why not at ten different targets (within reason, of course). And the Group guidelines are fine with the members of the Group scattering as part of the spell. Of course the people are not the Target (so they don't even need to be a Group), they are just the targets...

See for instance Arc of Fiery Ribbons (CrIg 25, AM5 p.140), where a Group Target is used to create multiple 'ribbons' of flame to attack several people at once.

He's said it's not an aimed spell, so a benefit to aiming is moot.
Now a benefit to damage? I suppose. Crowd control agains mundanes is useful.

This was my thought. I suppose you might make an argument that they need to be reasonably close together or similar, but I'm not sure why a group spell would have trouble hitting a group of targets... arc of fiery ribbons as an example spreads out over a 60 degree arc.

Adding that if this is an area effect type of spell, throw stuff at this area Eve risks hitting grogs. And I don't see how the spell can target more than one person. An area is alright, though This is exactly how Arc of the Firey Ribbons works, too. Anyone within a 60 degree arc of the caster gets +10 damage.

Because there is only a handful of bits of metal being thrown. You can't hit a dozen people if you throw 6 arrowheads. Also the spell isn't targeting a single person. Its targeting metal.

I would allow this If it were an aimed spell where it would blindly accept damage to any within a area of effect. The capital T target of the spell is the metal. It says this in the spell. You can not then turn around and Target a group of people with unerring aim. As I've said before, make it a Creo spell and it works. Create 10 arrowheads that are totally resistible and can Target a group.

Fiery Ribbons is a legacy spell. It is the only spell like that so i would not trust it for making precedence. And it is a Creo spell.

I'll just make it creo then....

There is a form target for every spell. Some spells, especially combat spells have other targets, or recipient if you prefer. Now this recipient can be a single person or an area.