Eve ex Verditius

Coils of the Entangling Plants, ReHe 20, AM5 p.138. Group spell, animates plant, the plants affect all people in an area.

Yes. ALL PEOPLE IN THE AREA

New version of the spell

Tommy's Gone-CrTe-30
R: Sight D: Mom T: Group
Invented by the Magus Tommy. He designed it inflict heavy pain to a bunch of people so he could run away while they were trying to keep their heads down. This spell creates up to ten rods of metal and drives them each into a different person in a group. Each person so struck takes +10 damage.
Base 5+3 sight+2 group

Also build points:
3*Q11 tracti of Philosopher of Rome Lore (33 B.P.)
2 Lab technicians: 6 Magic Theory, 6 Latin, 1 Profession: Scribe, 1 artes lib (12 B.P.)
1 Glassblower: 6 Craft Glassware (6 B.P.)
1 Teacher of the arcane: Teaching+Com=10, Dominion Lore 4, Infernal Lore 4, Magic Lore 5, Faerie Lore 5, Finesse 5, Concentration 5 (15 bp.)
1 Mad Seer: 9 premonitions 9 second sight. (9 B.P.)
Total: 75 build points

Mad and old, two scores at 9? We'll get one premonition from him and it will likely be "I'm going to die on the next aging roll."

Comes with affinity and puissant?

That was what came to mind, but still, that's high.

Not too big of a deal though, I guess my question would be more like would we need him? And if it would be to our benefit, why spend build points for him, when we can make a grog with those things?

We could, but its easier just to spend 9 B.P. and call it good. And yes we do need someone with second sight and premonitions. Need to know if someone is about to drop a glacier on us or if demons are sneaking in.

Or if a quaesitor or a nosy Tremere is going to come calling :slight_smile:

Well my familiar has an extra 3 virtue/quality points, after removing educated/arcane lore/good teacher. Any idea what I should spend it on? I can always use the Gift to give the kitty more virtues. A couple cool powers?

I saw a good one where the cat "tags" people by rubbing against them so she could find them later.

New power array for Jane.Most of them are taken from the section on cat powers in RoP: Magic. However Jane also has flight, and a ward against metal. What is better at jumping or landing on your feet that flight? And we can't have sand or metal shavings or dirt getting into the clockwork. Finally she has a slightly modified Felianthrope. Oh and a lot of the powers have cost reductions.

Isn't Jane metal?

Partly. But I'm pretty sure you can ward off human punches even if you yourself are human. Besides Jane's version has that whole "still be able to touch metal" thing since it can be controlled.

Wee! Well, due to all the confusion with essential traits I have changed it over to flat com+5. She still makes excellent tracti.

She makes pretty much the best tracti, nothing wrong with that.

I think this infects my cat with some extra xp...

I think I've been dancing around the central issue. I'm having trouble seeing the entire concept in a cohesive and well thought out form. There are inconsistencies that I can't get around, but a well written backstory reflective of jar advancement could explain a lot. This could explain how low self-esteem and optimistic, major work together. Why did Eve turn to self-initiations? What caused her to pursue this path? Why did she get initiated into so many Verditius mysteries but hasn't produced anything? Shouldn't the Verditius initiations be based on production of items in some way? I'm not sure all the inconsistencies can be resolved, but hopefully you willbe able to see them and rectify them as you write her story. A backstory will also help jebrick out because unless you change a flaw to a story flaw, it is harder to put a the stories into a cohesive theme.

That is standard for her cult.

Lets see here, power and fun... why wouldn't she pursue this path?

Parens trying to get her in the cult. Presumably she has produced stuff, but she traded it for books to learn from or whatever.

I took them straight out of the book.

That doesn't really fly, not in the Verditius. You get by with making items and teaching others. You're not allowed to learn Mysteries without passing them on. Then of course is the fact that if she built things it would show in her advancement scheme.

House Verditius is not a Cult ! The Verditius as a House don't worship anything (except perhaps their own navel) !

As for production, the character creation rules just aren't set up for them (how do you account for the vis cost of an item that was made then sold ?). For that matter it's canon that the Verditius Gauntlet is making an enchanted item which is then presented to the parens, and Verditius don't get to start with an extra Lab Note for that. Presumably in the blanket xp / year there's some for exposure while doing lab work on products the magus doesn't keep.
Diotima has the same problem: she is famous for her translations, but in her character creation there's not one season devoted to actually doing them. Jebrick actually told me when I asked that any translation I wanted to bring with me would have to come out of covenant build points. If you think about it, any other solution is madness, since it would allow Diotima to show with pretty much any high level summa she wanted on the grounds she spent a couple of seasons translating it... And for Eve, it would mean going straight to extremely detailed character creation.