Faeries and God Learners

Glorantha is one of the most influential settings in the history of rpgs. In a nutshell, in Glorantha it is possible to take advantage of mythic resonance to:
a) run vision quests on a mystical "Hero Plane" where questers follow a well-established script playing the role of some legendary heroes, and return from the quest with actual, appropriate abilities or items.
b) change the nature of gods themselves - or even "build" gods - through appropriate symbolic actions. In Glorantha's second age, a group of sorcerers known as the God Learners broke the world in this way.

Now, RoP:F seems to have been significantly influenced by Glorantha. a) is perfectly covered by Elysian and Eudokian stories. b) is perfectly covered by how Faeries, including Faerie gods, can be reshaped by human creativity.

I was wondering ... are there canon or fan examples of mystical groups (covenants, societates, or simply factions of knowledgeable mundanes) focusing these activities? Note that with "these activities" I do not mean devoted worship of Faerie gods. Rather, I mean calculated engineering of myth and divinity for tangible gain. It would seem a reasonable, and worthwhile, endeavour for a Covenant to try to build up its own Faerie Goddess, with the (non-Hermetic!) powers, abilities and inclinations it wants to exploit.

I have played an extensive amount of RQ2 and RQ3, along with a homebrewed game of Ars Magica set in Glorantha. For the homebrew, we used much of the stuff in RoP:M and RoP:F for things in the Hero Plane.

Having said that, I do not recall any cannon group engaged extensively in God Learner (GL) type activities. There are some minor stories and ideas, mostly dealing with members of House Merinita, but nothing of the systemic approach that the GLs use.

That being said, it is workable to make some of the inner mysteries and research of House Merinita to take on many aspects that would make them like the GLs. That would include working on the Prima who got them interlinked with the Faerie in the first place. Possibly he was build up by their belief and as they learned more they could have kept building him up.

It could also make for an interesting hedge tradition- especially for the unGifted who can manipulate stories and artwork to push the faerie realm around. Given the potential of craftsmen in this endeavor I think it could make for an interesting origin story for the masonic order...