Faeries for Sub Rosa

That reminds me that I have to renew my subscription to Sub Rosa

Xavi

Consider it requested. The Children of Woolpit could be fun, but markets are far cooler.

-Ben.

To begin with, look at the vitality section, and find a way to commodifiy everything mentioned there, even the bits that are just concepts. Then flog those for other things there.

Actually, this could be a good way to tie a lot of these things together. You get six faeries and then I reveal (ta dah) that the are all stallholders in the faerie market.

I'd note to you that the original poem about buying faerie fruit at the faerie market has a virgin girl waste away and die in exchange for a taste of faerie fruit, so...grim, eh?

Oh, are they up yet? I tried to when I got SR#4, but they weren't available yet... I'll step over. Edit: Nope, still not possible to purchase a subscription.

So ladies and gents, the first deliveries are in for this, and I hope you liked them. So, thus far we have

The Ill Angel of Remorse for Erik
Svartalfar for Eirik
Leprachauns for Thrakhath
and a bonus one from my files. (Burning scarecrows. Note that scarecrows don't exist in vanilla Mythic Europe...they were invented later, but, hey...I like them.)

Erik, I know yours isn't as culturally tied as I'd have liked, but I struck this thing recording "Greek and Roman Ghost Stories" for Librivox, and it just seemed perfect.

The rest of my list, to make sure I've made sense of what you want, looks like this. Please remember that the order these come out in is dependent on my fallability, on how they look once written (because I'd group them by a theme if I could), Alex's life and preferences, and so on.

The following ones are fine and will be worked on for the next two articles.
PM: Rübezahl (a huge woodland weather spirit...nice)
Marko Markoko: Aloja (like the white maidens, but spanish and related to a type of blackbird...cool)
Gremlin44: Matagot (the Faerie Friend you want to have!)
Vyrlokos: Nuckaleeve (tricker then he looks to write up, because the "border" he guards isn't clear to me...but he's a cool character with a great deal of combat potential.)

The following ones are also fine, but I'll do as an article each, because they cover a big idea.

Firth5: Urban Fay
Ben McFarland: Faerie Market

The following ones I'm having troble with:
Birbin: Hétszűnyű Koponyányi Monyók: I'm sorry but I can't find enough data in English to write this one. If you can point me to some, or choose a new faerie, I'll have another go.
Mark: Satyrs and Fauns: Mark, these are covered pretty comprehensively in the core book, but I couldn't say when you mentioned them because they were under NDA, Please choose again.

If your name is not here, I'm sorry I've missed you somehow, please tell me so.

I may be late in the asking, but I'd really like to see a faerie god or two, ideally one from the Volkvy pantheon (so we get to know whom the Volkvy pray to!) an perhaps a "classical" one (I'd love to see Hermes himself!).

The thing is, Hermes the Psychopomp is likely not Black-faced Hermes, stealer of children.

Although Black-Faced Hermes would be fun to write...

Err, I thought I'd sent you an idea about the "Moorish sorcerors" that keep cropping up in the 100 Nights and 1 Night a while back but maybe I didn't send it (can't find it in my archives). Essentially, this archetype (in Alladin, the Genie and the Fisherman, Maruf the Cobbler's tale) keeps reincarnating as the brother or cousing of the original Faerie, taking on different roles in antagonism to the protagonist of the story as the tale unfolds.

Cheers,

Lachie