Fédora (development)

[color=blue]”Really,” Fédora says with an arched brow. [color=blue]”I'm surprised I'm able to keep you satisfied.” She smirks as she says that, an expression that Anselm has come to know as something she does when she's teasing.

"Why do you think I never let you sleep?" he retorts in a deadpan voice.

Proposed expenditure for Fédora's cycle, through Winter of 1234.

Experience Points from her 14 Redcap seasons.

• 15 xp in Area Lore: Andorra. New score: 2.
  • 10 xp in Art of Memory. New score: 4(10).
  • 15 xp in Catalan. New score: 2.
  • 5 xp in Code of Hermes. New score: 3(5).
  • 15 xp in Leadership. New score: 2.
  • 10 xp in Intrigue. New score: 2(10).

Experience Points from her 2 Non-Redcap seasons.

• 4 xp (Exposure) in German. New score: 0(4).

(unless you think it should count as Practice or someone is willing to Train/Teach her those two seasons.)

8 Build Points, holding those for future Magic Items, as the current total only gets her 7 levels worth of a Lesser Enchantment (which is all Redcaps can have, I think), or a charged item with (for example) 10 points of Enchantment and 6 charges).

16 pawns of Vis

A Reputation of 1(7) as an Overachiever.

Vulc can say what he wants, but I remember the exact scenario you painted :wink:

I think I want to charge you a season for each child she had.

Those were just the two he had staying over til morning. The first one he nailed in the covenant kitchens.

Those are the two non-Redcap seasons.

I don't believe it. A little after the fact to brag about it of you ask me. I think Vulcanus wants to exaggerate his one night of debauchery.
But whatever. I do not care. I am warning you both, Vulcanus and Fedora, I do plan to eventually make a story about the two redheads and the sons the bore three seasons after that infamous night. You as characters know nothing about it yet.
I am mentioning it to you both as players because I want to work with you as to how it plays out and affects your family dynamic. Or if you don't want to, we can brush it off. But also mostly because I don't like secret gaming or holding mysterious trump cards over players. We are all mature enough as gamers that we can know all the details of the universe as players and still act out our characters as being ignorant of such & such or surprised by whatever revelation.

allrighty then.
I have already forgotten how many children you had and their names. In Fedora's character sheet, create a separate post for each child, from oldest to youngest. Include name, gender, date of birth, and record landmark details (baptism, first communion, first fistfight, age they learned to read, etcetera)

Do that with your oldest child too, the one from the previous marriage. List him first, then the kids by Vulcanus

That's fine with me. I'd have been surprised if there wasn't (eventually) a story about it after you mentioned it.

Vera is Egon's groom. Vulc's familiar is going to notice the girl has been getting steadily fatter, doesn't show up to work one day, and the next time he sees her she's skinny again and has a babe in arms.

Naw, she quit not long after that night. You have a new groom now.

Fédora has been on her Longevity Ritual long enough that she has gotten a Warping Score of 1, and thus a Minor Flaw.

I have a couple of ideas for that flaw:

• Hatred of Vulcanus for abandoning her and their children. This would probably manifest in learning what she can about him, and using Intrigue to get his enemies on her side and helping them take him out.
  • Continence: After being forced to abandon Saam, and having been abandoned in turn by Vulcanus, she now finds the mere thought of relations with anyone repulsive.

Which of these seems a better fit? Or is there another that I'm missing?

Could you take magical continence, where her subconscious causes slight changes in her appearance or her environment which reflects her hesitation when potential romantic interludes might occur?
Too complex?

This is the first time I've had a non-magical character get affected by Warping, so...I don't know? I was thinking the changes would be just to her, but the slight changes to her appearance might work. Not sure.

I'm conflicted on this.
On the one hand I don't see personality traits that follow from the characters life as being related to warping.
On the other hand I really look forward to the interaction between Fedora and Rilcheaux if she takes the hatred...

The book only says that "(t)his Minor Flaw should reflect the predominant source of the Warping Points." I can't think of any physical flaws that would mirror her getting them from her Longevity Ritual. I guess I could just start hitting the Random button on my MetaCreator until I get something that makes me go "Okay, that would work."

And here's what I have penciled in for her advancement for the "Lost Voice Years" cycle.

Spring: Giving birth to Ivar, her son by Vulcanus. (2 xp Exposure: German)
Summer: Study Area Lore: Iberia (10 xp)
Autumn: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (Occitan)

Winter: Study Occitan (10 xp)
Spring: Study Intrigue (10 xp)
Summer: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (Area Lore: Iberia)
Autumn: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (Occitan)

Winter: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (Ride)
Spring:Study Code of Hermes (10 xp)
Summer: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (Ride)
Autumn: Has Longevity Ritual invented (Level 50). (2 xp Exposure: Occitan)

Winter: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (Area Lore: Iberia)
Spring: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp ( Area Lore: Iberia)
Summer: Study Intrigue (10 xp)
Autumn: Study Art of Memory (10 xp)

Winter: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (5 xp Intrigue)
Spring: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (5 xp Area Lore: Iberia)
Summer: Practice Ride (10 xp)
Autumn: Study Bargain (10 xp)

Winter: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (Ride)
Spring: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (Occitan)
Summer: Learn Arabic (10 xp)
Autumn: Learn Artes Liberales (10 xp)

Spring: Study Artes Liberales (10 xp)
Summer: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (Occitan)
Autumn: Overtime Redcap Service: 8 q.p., 5 xp (Arabic)

Winter: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (Arabic)
Spring: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (Leadership)
Summer: Overtime Redcap Service: 8 q.p., 5 xp (Area Lore: Iberia)
Autumn: Overtime Redcap Service: 8 q.p., 5 xp (Intrigue)

Spring: Study Arabic (10 xp)
Summer: Redcap Service: 2 q.p., 5 xp (Area Lore: Iberia)

Any idea who made the longevity ritual or what their sigil is?
Otherwise some general possibilities would include warped senses, monstrous blood, magical air...