Flam winter 1202 the Foundling

Hugh's first reaction at council, upon the announcement of the foundling, was to look guilty, but only for a moment. Then he just looks confused, speaking in a stream of consciousness. "Nix, you didn't recently lose a child, did you? Did you both see if the baby looks familiar to one that was lost? But.... wait a moment... If we return the child and reject the trade, won't we find out what it was given for? Is the child a Connection to the one who left it?"

[Rolling on discord, 13 on Int+Faerie Magic (Lore)]

The faerie has some connection to the one who sent it, but it is a narrative connection, not an arcane connection. Someone with faerie sight (not second sight) would be able to tell you who it serves. It might be possible to get the information with an InVi spell but reading glamour is not an area that has been well researched.

After thinking for a moment, Hugh says, "I think Heimdall probably can tell you who left the child. Asking him is a good idea."

[Since he almost certainly has faerie sight.]

Hugh shrugs, and says matter-of-factly, "You aren't asking for much, just your natural charm and beauty is probably tribute enough. I don't know how troubled he is by the Gift. I'm sure he'd appreciate vis."

"Me lost a child....oh gods no. Ive never had any children, the only kids I ever took care of were when my siblings were small and wee. It just was on my door, and swaddled, and you cant leave a child outside for exposure....unless it wasnt going to survive but you know, that is the right thing to do in the situation was bring it in and make sure it got fed and all." She hrmmed some trying to figure why she would get such a "gift"

"Let's just go right away. It's been less than a day for the nurse, right? So she probably hasn't bonded yet."

While the magical people deliberated, Vallju was with the wetnurse, making sure nothing was amiss. Whether she found him odd or not, was besides the matter. This changeling was given to them, and he was set to keep watch.

Vallju should roll per+folk ken. (based on the roll): Vallju notices that the woman seems curious about he child initially, examining its face, but then becomes almost distant, feeding the child and then setting it aside and asking when she should be back for its next feeding.

The rest head to Heimdal's realm "Halt magi and be recognized, the realms of Asguard are closed this day, you need turn back and return to whence you came."
OOC: it seems that one way or another Asguard is always closed, and Heimdal always informs his visitors of this as part of the greeting

The child, or changeling, is an outsider, and while could be dangerous, he needs to be taken care of. Though Vallju had no heart to force this woman to care for it. Instead, he picked up the baby, and asked her "Please, just show me how to care for it till the next feeding, my knowledge of raising small ones is bad."

She half shrugs apologetically. "keep it fed, keep it warm, I don't know."

And that is what Vallju will do. He will make sure it is kept warm, and if it starts crying, he'll call the woman to feed it again.

[Aren't we bringing the baby with us to see Heimdal?]

All faeries have faerie sight.
And Vallju is done in terms of being ready, and I think done in terms of what they were doing here.

(You mean her non existent fae lore?)

Do you have a more specific question than "what should I not say?" Because I could literally fill a multi-volume encyclopedia set with things you should not say, many of which I would expect to be painfully obvious...

Not sure of the question- when you say "If this is a story Heimdal is involved in" he is involved because you are asking him for advice- are you asking about if he was already involved, or saying she suspects he was already involved, or just this level of involvement? Or something else?

Go ahead and make the roll...

Heimdal's stories do not lend themselves to being directly involved in child abduction, but he may or may not have some kind of relationship with whomever is doing the abduction. A major part of his story however is the idea that he sees everything and hears everything, so it is probably best to begin by asking him if he can give you the information you seek.

Nix eyes looked up big and bright as she gazed upon Heimdal for the first time as she followed Alva's lead in bowing to him "We or more specifically I come before you because I am faced with a conundrum, and would ask you of your wisdom. A child has shown up on my door, adorable, swaddled, but this child is a changeling." she looked to alva certain if that was the proper term "It was left with us as I am to understand a poor intent, a trade of some variety that I did not make. We hoped that you may have seen who left this child, or what I should do with them?" She bit her lip as she rocked side to side on her feet "If you could help us I would most appreciate this great one."

He looks down upon the child for a few moments "Indeed I did see who brought the child and why. I can advise you of these things in exchange for a boon from you at a future date. I cannot advise you on what to do however, that is ultimately for you to decide."