Flipping auras

If a Muspelli converts a faerie aura into a magical aura, for each of the following conditions, does it add to the temporary magical aura count, or does it add tethers?

1. the aura is emanating from a faerie (and what happens to the faerie? Is their might reduced?)
  2. the aura is created with the level:10 grant (ritual) power?
  3. the aura is created by hermetic magic by a faerie sorcerer who uses momentary duration Creo Vim with the faerie guidelines to make a permanent faerie aura?

I am looking for discussion, thoughts and opinions, as I am pretty certain there is no RAW correct answer to this.

I love the Muspelli, so this is worth considering.

For 1) Reducing an aura is done by lengthy acts of trolldomur that take many hours. A non-static faerie will be able to move away during those hours. Say for the sake of argument that a mighty faerie oak creates an aura, I suppose it would stay still while you cast the trolldomur and the aura is altered. What happens to the faerie? I imagine it may alter in personality or have its nature changed in some way.

Is its might reduced - I don't think so, for while its aura has changed nature, there is nothing to say that the might is directly affected by aura. If someone comes along and uses PeVi might-stripping spells to destroy the might of the creature, reducing the aura would occur but I'm not sure the reverse automatically applies.

1. If the aura is created by a grant power, then it should be changed by muspelli magic.

2. Could you tell me which guidelines you are using for this situation? I would need to read the relevant section of the book again to get a solid handle on this one.

1 Like

Page 121 of RoP: faerie under "hermetic rites" would allow (presumably) momentary creo rituals for a permanent effect- though this is not explicitly spelled out.

1 Like

It is spelled out:

just as in faerie rites the effects are not natural changes, and will fade as soon as the duration expires

This is given that they're rituals. So that rules out Momentary Creo rituals for permanent effect.

1 Like