Flipping the classroom

Ah, then you lost your Merinita. Maybe I could fill that gap.

The important bit is to play who you want to play. Don't worry about overlap, just like in Marko's saga. If you'd like to play a Verditius, by all means, do.

Thou shalt have no other Verditius before me :imp:

Also, Heaven's Thunder Hammer just informed me he's pulling out. So if you want to ramp up a concept teacher sooner than later, it'd be great!

What thread has the basic rules for advancing a character after gauntlet? And how experienced do you want the teachers to be?

It's kind of spread all over.
See this thread, first post. I think there are other things that have been spread out, but that's the big one...
https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/character-development-guidelines/8673/1

As it turns out, the two things I'd love to try our are a Verditus magus and a Merinita magus. Since you have one and not the other, it's an easy choice.

What is the xp/year or xp/season?

10/season, 40 per year. It's in the first post. If you take a season off, you lose 10 xp.

It's 40xp per year, but seasons in the lab, training an apprentice, writing books or other "work" subtract 10xp. Spells are bought with xp, so if you really want that Clenching Grasp of the Crushed Heart, it'll take a year to learn.

If you skim through our various character threads, you'll see how people did it. You're also supposed to break it down by decade with an updated skills/arts/spells summary so progress can be seen (as you'll also see).

There's also a resources house rule which is managed by Build Points (BP) -- there's another thread on how to acquire and spend those.

That's also in the first post of the Character Development thread...

How do you handle Apparent Age with someone who has Strong Faerie Blood. They don't have to make aging rolls until 50. That implies that at 50 they're as vibrant as they were at 35. Nothing in the rules about that, though.

Go ahead and start a character thread. I've got an idea on how to model that.

On the Transylvania game that Jebrick ran, we simply said that apparent aging stayed at 'adult' until 50+, so my character looked 30 I think.

So plan on Clement taking Elizabeth's first 2 seasons to learn the new ability. He can then teach everyone. Com 2+ Teaching 5 + Good teaching 5 + 3 = 15.

[strike]Same seasons? I.e., can I just change the name and XP totals in my spreadsheet?[/strike]

Never mind, found it. S'what I get for not reading everything before I reply. :stuck_out_tongue:

I also remembered last night that I forgot to set aside a season for student-hunting. Or will Transylvania Tribunal/House Tremere/Bonisagus handle that for the school?

I edited the first post in the page with who is teaching what, based on Renimar's post.

The formula is as follows:
For Arts: (Com + Hermetic Instruction+ Virtue + Summa Q10 + Std 3 + SS Bonus 6)/6, rounded up. For Arts, the Single Student Bonus still applies, even in a classroom setting. It's part of the breakthrough, and as Hermetic Teaching scores increase.

For Abilities (Com +Teaching + Virtue + Summa Q10 + Std 3)/6, rounded up.

And there's the reason for getting a target of 7 with Com + Teacher + Good Teacher. Even if a player had not selected Good Teacher for their professor they would still be able to get a decent total for teaching the Arts in the first year, a total of 4 for the class, which is only 1 less than what everyone else can do, and they would be able to teach Abilities just fine. It is also why I discouraged a former player of going all in on Teaching, running the scores (Com 5, Teaching 11) through the formulae above would have resulted in a teaching SQ of 6 for the Arts and 6 for Abilities. A lot of effort for what would have amounted to very little reward...

It looks like Fabrica can fit just about any teaching slot as easily as any other, given her stats. And it seems like Catrina might be better for De Architectura than either of the two others, given her focus in Imaginem and her decent scores in Corpus and Mentem.

Fabrica is a man! (and my Latin is awful :frowning: )

Should it be Fabricus?

For the first year student's its not a huge deal on who teaches what. For later years it will probably become more important.