Flipping the classroom

I haven't made up a professor, but I was thinking you guys could use a Verditus crafting magus to take care of lab classes. He's unformed as of yet and could cover any deficiency.

:slight_smile:

You dare! There is only one Verditius in this school! And that is Fabrica Diabolica! Begone impostor!

(Fabrica has a rather high hubris...)

Don't worry about covering a deficiency, I'll do that as the SG, since it's representative of House Bonisagus and House Tremere putting the power of their Houses behind the success of the school.

Ah, I'd looked and hadn't seen her. What you this game really needs is a thread that lists the teachers and the students so it's easy to tell what you have and what you don't.

I've been remiss in organizing things. Work interfered with a lot of it. I became suddenly busy at the middle part of March, before my traditional busy time after April 15th. So, I'm still really busy with work.

Anyway, Renimar made this post.
https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/flipping-the-classroom/8761/1

Ah, then you lost your Merinita. Maybe I could fill that gap.

The important bit is to play who you want to play. Don't worry about overlap, just like in Marko's saga. If you'd like to play a Verditius, by all means, do.

Thou shalt have no other Verditius before me :imp:

Also, Heaven's Thunder Hammer just informed me he's pulling out. So if you want to ramp up a concept teacher sooner than later, it'd be great!

What thread has the basic rules for advancing a character after gauntlet? And how experienced do you want the teachers to be?

It's kind of spread all over.
See this thread, first post. I think there are other things that have been spread out, but that's the big one...
https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/character-development-guidelines/8673/1

As it turns out, the two things I'd love to try our are a Verditus magus and a Merinita magus. Since you have one and not the other, it's an easy choice.

What is the xp/year or xp/season?

10/season, 40 per year. It's in the first post. If you take a season off, you lose 10 xp.

It's 40xp per year, but seasons in the lab, training an apprentice, writing books or other "work" subtract 10xp. Spells are bought with xp, so if you really want that Clenching Grasp of the Crushed Heart, it'll take a year to learn.

If you skim through our various character threads, you'll see how people did it. You're also supposed to break it down by decade with an updated skills/arts/spells summary so progress can be seen (as you'll also see).

There's also a resources house rule which is managed by Build Points (BP) -- there's another thread on how to acquire and spend those.

That's also in the first post of the Character Development thread...

How do you handle Apparent Age with someone who has Strong Faerie Blood. They don't have to make aging rolls until 50. That implies that at 50 they're as vibrant as they were at 35. Nothing in the rules about that, though.

Go ahead and start a character thread. I've got an idea on how to model that.

On the Transylvania game that Jebrick ran, we simply said that apparent aging stayed at 'adult' until 50+, so my character looked 30 I think.

So plan on Clement taking Elizabeth's first 2 seasons to learn the new ability. He can then teach everyone. Com 2+ Teaching 5 + Good teaching 5 + 3 = 15.