Foundry VTT - Ars Magica

We would like to make the system Ars Magica 5th Edition available on Foundry VTT (https://foundryvtt.com/). I represent a bunch of engineers whom love playing Ars Magica and with COVID-19, we would like to do it safely.

Our goal is not to make money. We seen this as a noncommercial endeavor. We are not actually asking for you to do any of the work.

How could we gain your permission to go beyond the characters sheets, to allow rules enough for dice rolling and include some automation for areas like combat and spell casting.

Examples of what would also be really helpful is to include the abilities, houses, virtues and flaws and Spells. Similar to what MetaCreator does, however we could with your permission go much further

A real early thought is we would like permission to use the basic rulebook on a non commercial basis and learn together how that goes

I am very happy to talk on the phone, via zoom or other form of communicate that is available to us both.

Eric

3 Likes

Hi Eric. We got your message and are discussing internally. Thanks for your interest and for contacting us!

-Michelle Nephew, Atlas Games Co-Owner

Thank you Michelle.

You can see the work we are doing here -> https://github.com/phaldaros/arm5e

You can also see ALL the systems here https://foundryvtt.com/packages/systems

Having official support for Ars Magica on Foundry would be awesome!

1 Like

Have you receive a response from Atlas Game ?

Hello,

I am a big fan of the game who has played Ars Magica since 3rd edition but with work and family, free time has become a luxury.
That's why I joined the Ars Magica Foundry VTT community last summer and was able to see the incredible work already done for Ars Magica system. However, soon after, a big update of Foundry VTT broke everything so I took upon myself to fix it and also improve it.
Unfortunately, the maintainer of the official git reposity has no longer time/motivation to include my changes (ie: accept pull requests in git). As a result, the Ars Magica system is left to work only on an old version of the Foundry VTT, most people give up at that point (which is a shame).

With time, a few others and me have been maintaining and improving the system on a separate repository but it is not available within Foundry software. In order to fix that, I have to make a request to the Foundry staff and they take copyright infringement very seriously (and rightfuly).

Could you please contact me by email or private message so you can give me an official permission I can then give to the people at Foundry? (all I have is a screenshot of your last answer to Erik (an approval) but no context)

The request for now is basically the same as Erik Brooke above:

I would also like to clarify what is allowed or not to include, as I own myself a MetaCreator license and it includes lot of things.

Thank you for reading me

Xzotl

2 Likes

Hi there. I'll contact you privately. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the necromancy but is there any kind of manual or guide to using the Ars Magica Foundry version? I was in a discord server a while back but now i need it I can't find it!

[ArM5e FoundryVTT System Dev] is the Discord link for the amazing work that has been done to bring Ars Magica to Foundry VTT.

From what I have seen so far, it far exceeds what is currently available for AM on Fantasy Grounds.

1 Like