From Hungary, westward (Winter 1235)

Vocis doesn't know what flavor he is, so it's unlikely anyone at the covenant does.

Vulcunus growls. "I am not a member of House Verditius, and I never have been. I am a magus of Flambeau, and i have always been. Just as was my parens and his parens before him all the waay back to the Schism War. I have nothing to do with those inept and timid double dealers. Nor do I ever care to, nor do I care who does.
Pffft!!! Plebians. You know nothing of the true glory of the House of the Illuminated.

"My apologies," Lucas says to Vulcanis. "Entirely my fault. I"m still quite new here myself, and I should do a better job of making sure I know everyone's pedigree. I am sorry if I caused any offense. It was not my intention." He bows his head as he makes the apology. "I'm sorry to have bothered you. We'll get out of your way."

[hr][/hr]
I never did know what was up with Vulcanis. Never did have any interaction with him. I really thought he was Verditus. Oops. :slight_smile:

He's certainly arrogant enough to be a Verduitus.

Well, that's our Vulcanus :mrgreen:

Antoine, of course, knows full well the potential tension.

Ah, actually I believe...

Antoine manages a small bow and half a sentence before Vulcanis explodes.
I am very...

Antoine curses inwardly at this first impression, but is wise enough to know when to withdraw.

It has been my honour to meet you, master Vulcanus. I hope I may do so again when you are not as busy. Good fire to your forge.

I should explain our history, perhaps, Lucas? It is long and complicated, but in brief Vulcanus's forebears split from my house, and developed a whole new way of crafting. Bad blood on both sides, and of course pride and inflated egos everywhere you look.

Is Voice free, or shall we look at the library?

"Interesting," Lucas replies. "I had no idea. That should lead to an interesting time for you here." Assuming Vulcanis doesn't vote against you joining, goes unsaid. "Such grudges can go deep and last centuries." He shakes his head. "My wife does what she can to try and smooth these sorts of things over - she's a Redcap - but there's only so much you can do in some cases."

Then, at Antoine's question about Vocis, Lucas shrugs. "I'm not entirely certain how long his conversation is likely to last. But he knows to meet us in the library. Shall we go up and see the view - both inside and out?"

An excellent suggestion.

((OOC: I'm happy to skip small-talk, and proceed to something with more import))

I see this was unstickied. I agree it was dragging - but shouldn't Antoine have to at least go through the motions of petitioning council; outlining his abilities; and declaring he's not a Diedne like everyone else?

I just now noticed we skipped that. Things got jumbled and confused. what season is his petition in? I will open a new thread.

He walks through the portal around Solstice Winter 1235, so I guess he petitions the same season.

Thinking out the seasons, I suspect that makes Spring 1235 setting up his lab and the incident with the pirates; and Autumn 1235 crafting for CoB. Summer 1235 is currently unassigned, although I have an idea I may want him to learn some Penetration (possibly prompted by conversations with Lucas after The Visitor) from the Library. Winter 1236 is currently unassigned, and I should schedule a wedding at some point :mrgreen:.

In Winter 1236, you will be requested to pull security detail with Carmen while the others are on expedition. It will be not as boring as you hoped :smiling_imp: