FS Character Sheet w/ Skills

I wanted to submit this PDF for consideration and thoughts. The only non-standard thing on it is 35-39 Wounds has -3 and 40-44 has -4 (house rules) Impairment. Anyway, if anyone downloads it, I'd really appreciate any impressions, etc. Otherwise, I hope people can get some use out of it. Thanks! =) -JP

Feng Shui Custom Character Sheet w/ Skills by Jason J. Patterson - GoogleDocs hosting

Nice. Good to finally see a sheet with a box for dodge.

Personally, I would have no use for armour or cash boxes, and I think the Chi/Shot schticks table needs to be longer. (I once had had a player with a character with 22 schticks in total, across many categories). I'd lose the BAS and BON columns from the skills, as they're redundant after character creation. Oh, an Active Dodge box next to the Dodge one would be nice for newbie players. Also, isn't the magic-based medicine meant to be medicine of the past, rather than the future?

But I'm being picky. I like the way it handles Primary and Secondary attributes in a way that saves space. It's certainly my preferred sheet from now on.

I really like this sheet - I think it's great that there's a dedicated area for keeping of track of fortune dice, though it needs a similar area for unspent Chi/fu points - perhaps you could use the box that's currently used for tracking cash, as that's more than a little superfluous for Feng.

My one big gripe is that, as Ben says, there are far to few lines for available schticks.

Well, how about this one then, good gentlepersons?

docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B6b ... MWVj&hl=en

I trust it meets with your expectations?

• identifying FS sheet info at top, followed by blank slot for Player name, etc.
  • basic Narrative Profile
  • basic Stat Profile
  • easy-reference Martial Arts, Guns and Sorcery "quickboxes"
  • Dodge quickbox w/ Active Dodge info at bottom of slot
  • tracking boxes for Chi, Fortune Dice, Experience, ample-size Wounds box
  • Wounds has Impairment and Death Check (including hrs to live) summaries
  • blank area for who knows what, Cash, Armor, pictures, notes, symbols, portraits
  • skills minimized to pre-filled name, governing attribute, blank Bon and AV slots, blank lines for custom skills
  • giant schticks slot list, 25 total, w/ name, Chi, Shot cost and Notes
  • 10 weapons slots w/ damage, conceal, capacity, reload/notes
  • Gear and/or Notes section

Hope it sees some use - thanks for the advice and feedback! =) -JP

Awesome. You should bring this to the attention of the Atlas bods because it's worthy of a link right from the product page sidebar.

I don't have any idea how I'd go about doing that, or where, etc.? That would be cool if people liked it, moreso if "official" people liked it. =)

You could send a PM to a likely-looking forum mod, or hope they'll chance by here and read the ringing endorsements.

That's fabulous - I'll certainly be using it for my FS characters from now on.

I updated the sheet a little, basically tiny cosmetic changes including different stock backgrounds (not that these contribute much or matter, just variety): blank, papyrus, parchment, marble, jade (dark green marble).

Basic Blank White
docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B6b ... MWRj&hl=en

Deluxe - Parchment
docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B6b ... ZmY3&hl=en

Deluxe - Papyrus
docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B6b ... Yjgz&hl=en

Deluxe - Marble
docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B6b ... M2I5&hl=en

Deluxe - Jade
docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B6b ... Njhl&hl=en

Actually, if you're going to skin it, it would be cool if it was skinned by juncture. The jade one looks ideal for AD 69.

Come to think of it, I've just had a brainwave and remembered the one thing no sheet has ever done- come with a different version for Big Bruisers, with the correct Wound Point thresholds.

Keep 'em coming; they're gems.

I think I may have hit my wall - sheets by type and juncture sound awesome but I can't "get into it", sheets specific to anything except maybe times, like you mention, seem ok but you dont really need any special significance n the sheet itself except to write in AD69, right? Like Call of Cthulhu, sometimes skills are changed a bit and they have the current era (20s, modern, etc) but it just doesn't seem like that is necessary, to me.

I don't know. I was just playing around trying to get the sheet to look a bit better, and give some variety but I think the other is beyond my doing.

Wow!! Great sheets!! Thanks for doing them up! :smiley:

G.

This is the "Jade" version, though it is actually just "Green Marble" according to MS Publisher. Anyway, there is a blank white sheet for low ink use and maximum area for incidental and marginal notes, etc. , and finally there is everything in between: marble, parchment, papyrus, dark fleck, etc. all are included in JP's Feng Shui RPG Custom Character Sheet Archive (.zip).

Thank you very much for everyone who has posted and given encouraging and kind words (which is everybody so far), it is much appreciate and I'm glad I could share something that people will find useful. -Jason

Wow, indeed, my golf club shilling friend. Wow, indeed.

I'm thinking of doing the Big Bruiser sheet version and maybe adding in a Shot Counter to my sheets, but...

The Big Bruiser doesn't make a DC til 50 Wounds - when he DOES - is it against Current Wounds - 35 or against Current Wounds - 50?

How and/or why would you make individual Juncture sheets - would you put different backgrounds or different fonts or what?

Yes, it's that time again. I have compiled a new set of updated FS character sheets, now with juncture skinning and "watermarking", shot counter, Big Bruiser/Normal dual Death Check/Impair listing (on one sheet) and streamlining a few different rough edges from the initial batch.

69AD "Jade": docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B6b ... ZDRl&hl=en

1850 "Papyrus": docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B6b ... ZTgz&hl=en

Modern "Chrome": docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B6b ... YzVm&hl=en

2052 "Circuit": docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B6b ... ZWNk&hl=en

General Basic White: docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B6b ... ZGQ1&hl=en

Zip of all five 2010 sheets: docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6bQD6P ... NmZj&hl=en

like it. A lot. :slight_smile:
Having each player have their own little shot counter is very useful.

Great to hear another thumbs up. Shot counter due to previous posters here really rallying for that cause. I personally don't really use a shot counter itself when I run FS, I just count down in my head and sometimes have another player help remember - a shot counter track seems like it would be quite helpful now that I think about it. The shot track thing is really the main drawback I think FS has, it has a structured linear sequence of "you can go at this time, but can't at this time" - it seems like it's the only thing that really breaks up the theme, to me.

I don't see it that way, I almost see it as bullet time where you are skipping to one person, asking them what they're doing on shot x say, all the while someone who is acting on a previous shot is half way through doing their "uber ninj' flying kick of kung-fu doom". In my mind it makes it all very fluid and less turn based than say something like D20.

Interesting perspective - I like the way you explain it, I can kinda dig the "flow" like you say, perhaps even the... Feng Shui of it?

I guess it's is so broken up, someone goes on 18, then they do something that takes say 5 shots, and go again on 13, etc. I do like how you can sacrifice later actions by "spending" some immediately to get a short-term gain or defense, etc. It just takes a little getting used to.