Fury of the Northmen (Kickstarter)

Hello everyone.

I’m here to introduce you to Fury of the Northmen, a meticulously well-researched RPG set in the 9th century and focusing on Viking magic. I am not the author of this game, though Jess is an old friend. Rather, I am here because FotN is wonderful source material for Ars Magica players and storytellers.

FotN has hundreds of spells culled from the historical sources, multiple magic-using classes and species, and art that depicts Viking witches and wizards in all their colorful and historically accurate glory. Now, this game does use the rules for D&D 5th edition, but more important for us Ars players, it’s a fantastic sourcebook and inspiration. I, for one, have had a lot of trouble making Order of Odin NPCs; the sample spells and NPCs we have are great, there’s just not a lot of them. I can use Ars Magica to describe spells, characters, and monsters from Fury of the Norsemen, however.

And if you want to run an Ars game set in the early years of the Order, well, this game is even more perfect for you.

Check out the Kickstarter here. The table of contents for the players guide is up there, as well as 4 character classes. Even if you choose not to back the game, I think you’ll find it interesting.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1651697370/the-fury-of-the-northmen

Viking Necromancer

7 Likes

As a follow up, the map for FURY OF THE NORSEMEN has arrived and it’s perfect for any of you running sagas set in the founding years of the Order, 9th century.

3 Likes

Where to buy it?

I think it’s in that gray zone between “successfully funded Kickstarter” and “public release.” I’ll write to the author and check for you.

1 Like

Is it? because I followed the link after your post and the kickstarter seemed to fail to reach its funding goal.

It's a situation where the initial kickstarter failed, but a second one succeeded. This is the link to the successful one: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thefuryofthenorthmen/the-fury-of-the-northmen-digital-edition

2 Likes

Thanks for the link.

Looks interesting so I might grab it when it's released. My players are pondering a "crusade" against the Order of Odin eventually. But they have so many other ideas and headings so we never know where the campaign is actually heading (I leave them quite a lot of free reign and try to adapt as long as we can agree on major directions, 97 sessions in...).