Gadieros, Son of Poseidon, Magical Companion

Gadieros was the son of Poseidon and the Mortal woman Cleito, who bore five sets of twins. These ten demigods were given rulership of Atlantis, with the eldest, Gaderios twin, Atlas was given rulership over the other nine and over Atlantis the city. The realm of Gadieros was the extremity of Atlantis closest to the Pillars of Hercules and one of the last to sink beneath the waves. Poseidon saved his Gadieros, and perhaps others of his sons, by bringing them to his Realm after the destruction of Atlantis. There he faithfully served his Father for millennia while the world turned and everything Gadieros knew turned to dust and was forgotten.

A being of obvious supernatural origin is sent to Magnus and Duncan claiming to be Gadieros and that Poseidon has ruled that it is time for Atlantis to return to the world of men. Gadieros is sent as a sign of Poseidon's favor for their endeavor and is instructed to assist them. Gadieros is a potent leader of men, and as annointed king of a portion of the island, may find his influence useful, depending on what survived and to what degree they owe allegiance to the old ways.

Gadieros is extremely reluctant to speak of details of Old Atlantis, save trivial details of everyday life. Specifically he is most reluctant to speak of the war, the sinking of Atlantis, or the aftermath.

That concept is a little too powerful and in-the-know for what I have in mind. I don't want anyone playing a demigod, nor do I want anyone played who lived in old Atlantis. I also don't like the idea of an anointed king already being in place. Figuring out who will rule New Atlantis is going to be one of the challenges the magi will face.

I have no trouble with a magical character with the blood of Poseidon being sent from the magic realm to assist in the rebuilding of Atlantis. That concept is sound. But it shouldn't be the son of Poseidon, nor should it be anyone who was there when Atlantis fell, nor should it be someone with proprietary rule over any part of old Atlantis. The fate of Atlantis has been lost to the mists of time. No one really knows what happened. Lots of people have parts of the puzzle. But no one has them all. Figuring that out will be part of the saga.

I also don't like the idea of saying that Poseidon has ruled that it's time to raise Atlantis. No. It was the magi who decided that. I don't want their thunder stolen by some magical being who claims to be Poseidon.

It also seems to me that this is a ramped up version of Aquarian (who comes from the Atlantis regio rather than old Atlantis), who joined and helped the brothers because he didn't understand the difference.