Gardenia covenant management

+30 wound recovery sounds like overkill already. :smiley:
The one problem I have is that means I start my travel season in Winter with a medium wound.

Well, it's actually a +40. I don't know how @silveroak hourserules someone having such a huge bonus (I know some SGs let it heal faster than 1/season), but in either case, Elia can give her a potion that will let her ignore the penalties from a Medium Wound for a month.

(Mythic Herbalism for the Win!!!!)

And she can give you the same bonus for Winter to heal as well.

1 Like

Having a medium wound would essentially preclude you from travel under winter conditions, you would need t have taken a month o heal, meaning you would have 2 months (and presumably a light wound) in which to finish your rounds.
Which are the risks of back to back adventures.
Whatever wound penalty remains would also effect your stamina rolls to avoid getting sick from the cold, I don't think any of them have been close enough at this point (assuming you have healed to a light wound) for this to be an issue however.

Would the fact that Guida had +40 Recovery Bonus from the poultice made by Elia, and therefore had a total far exceeding the 15 needed to improve the Heavy Wound she suffered from, be enough to carry over and heal the Medium Wound as well? So she only has a Light Wound?

No, to do that you would need to either use vis of faerie healing.
Or of course three potions to temporarily heal the (medium) wound with a duration of moon apiece...

I've done a projection of the vis income up to Winter 1230 based on what we know. We have a significant surplus with the vis sources we localized in the insulaes, which we could use to spend on books, lab texts, rituals or fund studies. Projected surplus is 243 vis before expenditures, after accounting for Aegis of the Hearth.

Anastasia is at this point interested in one or two seasons of study from Vis (Mentem) depending on whether anyone wishes to adventure further in the Magic Realm in the Winter season. This would cost 3-7 vis.

In terms of book purchases, she's suggesting the following:

• An expert (15) and a master (20) level Intellego book of sound quality+. plausibly more or less 35 pawns of Vis, depends on what's available.
  • Two lab texts for wizard's communion and wizard's vigil so we can assist each other. Possibly 10-15 pawns depending on lab text level we agree on.

Lena is interested in the covenant acquiring philosophae tractati's by authors such as Aristote, Peter Abelard, Hildegard of Bingen, Plato, Robert Grosseteste, Boethius, Adelard of Bath. Bill is a few MPs.

In terms of Arts, Elia would be interested in Creo, Muto, and Terram. Assuming Bartomeus would eventually write a Mentem Summae.

For Abilities, books on Artes Liberales and Philosophiae would be good.

A new LR for herself is needed for Elia, and she would make one for Lena as well.

Plus, exchange some of the Vis to Herbam, so she can cast her Fortress of Oak spell, and set up an independent Lab.

how much herbam vis do you need and in which season would you like to cast that spell?

8 pawns of Herbam. I'd imagine it might take a season to get the Vis, so maybe Summer/Autumn.

Bartomeus would like to see us acquire a solid base for apprentice training:

Roots of the Arts for the following as starters:
Ig
Te
Aq
He (Can the work Elia is writing could function as such?)
Vi

Also books on these abilities:
Finesse
Penetration
Concentration
Magic Theory

If we can secure anything on Parma Magica that would also be helpful, I'm sure.

That's a start from Bartomeus's perspective.

Elia's Herbam will be L10Q10, it's the max quality she can get, and that's after reducing the level by 5. Technically she could write a L15Q5 Summae, but that's less useful. While the Sumame she writes won't take anyone reading it from 0 to 5 in one season, it does have the benefit of being beneficial even beyond that.

1 Like

Does that calculation include the house rule:
Summae and Tractatus have a different source quality calculation than in the core game- the base source quality of a text is equal to the authors communication+3 for good teacher, +1/2 (teaching+vulgar poetry) with a bonus for craft quality of scribe, illumination, and bookbinding for magical tomes, or simply scribe and illumination for non magical tomes (bookbinding quality will aid the durability of texts in either case).

That it does not, Elia has Teaching 3, no Vulgar Poetry.

com-1+1.5(teaching) gives a SQ of 1, not 5. You might want to spend some time learning vulger poetry and improving your teaching.

You mean SQ of 6

(-1)+(1.5)=0.5 which rounds up to 1. Not sure where you get the other +5 from.

damn, then there's no point in writing a Summae that's only 1 or 2 SQ.

Unless you are talking about the +5 SQ for bringing the level down- I was just calculating base SQ. It can also be raised by a good scribe, illuminator or bookbinder

Does anyone have anything in particular they want Margerie to do for her covenant-employed seasons?

Am not familiar with the rules for Learned Magicians. What can they do?

Is there a reason she hasn't gone on any adventure?