General Table Talk

Being creepy and paranoid :grin:

Part of my original design was "mostly non-played magi, meaning despite being one of the eldest, she won't overshadow other characters, and it goes fine with my schedule".
I love her, and I want her to keep pushing.

She's also trying to have... What's the girl's name? The grog one... Well, she wants her to become a proxy. Not unlike james bond with magic items. But she's still a little too young. Complicating matters, she's grown attached to the kid, which she didn't plan to. Of course, she hides it :smiley: in part by being even more creepy and "wicked witchy"

FWIW, she would welcome with open arms anyone willing and able to improve andorra's security and defenses. In a way, she never got over her trauma.

Sending low-powered characters (thus "under the radar") in africa to create a backup library / home was her idea, but it never took of.

Everything I am looking up suggests the year 1242, though all Roads lead to Africa is 1244- obviously I can update fleur and the library for a later date if we want to go beyond 1242 for the restart date... though at this point I only have plans for her through winter of 1245. Those plans include making multiple longevity rituals for people who may not be in the game anymore...

I'm also playing Guiverna ex Miscellanea, a maga of the Cleopatra's Bane tradition (which I didn't realize was on theWiki, but it is now) with a well-deserved bad reputation. She has lived for the past several years at the chapter house on Mallorca.

Re: Hobbies. SCA?

What I'm looking for going forward, at least to start, is to get back into the swing of things and to help keep the covenant from sliding completely into Winter.

(I miss being able to quote in replies. And color texts. I'm used to Vibria being red, and Fédora being blue, and Guiverna being green, maybe?)

At this point, I'm not very comfortable running a story. (Heck, I'm having a hard time even writing stories...I've already missed one deadline for an anthology, and unless I get my act together I'm going to miss another one.)

Oh, I remember Petronius (I think). He was helping to craft, or supplied the stone, for Fiona's big-ass stone pegasus, right?

Welp, should have read the whole post before replying. Anyway, I still wish we could have finished enchanting the Pegasaurus, because it would have been...Awesome!

And I vote for the Bjornaer ram. Just because I think Bjornaer are awesome.

Rogue Bjornaer? Don't know what you're talking about. Lord Featherbottom was dead when we got there. And since he obviously didn't need his stuff anymore...:smiley:

But seriously, I'd have to back and reread that thread to give a good answer.

^-_-^<

(later)

Vocis and Vibria were searching for Vis (and maybe a new Vis source) a few years back (Summer of 1232) when we came across a Bjornaer hermit a few days over that-a-way. We were discussing his being in Andorra's demesnes. It came up that he was having trouble with a drake or two, and we decided to help him out, thinking that it would help in negotiating with him later. Lord Featherbottom led us to the drake's cave and teleported into combat as soon as the drake appeared. As soon as we saw the drake, I realized that it was my cousin Venkath. We tried to stop the battle, but Featherbottom was in waaay over his head and he was mortally wounded in a heartbeat. It was tragic.

(The whole story can be found here, but this is the version that Vibria will stick with forever and ever amen.)

If the girl is the one I'm thinking of, her name is Eva.

Got a new one set up for you here

I also miss using colored text. But you can quote by highlighting the text with the cursor, it then gives you a quote button right there.

I posted a character idea in the thread dedicated to that purpose

Indeed, for over 25 years. Not the only source of hobbies, but a strong influence there. :blush:

Tried building a Bjornaer magus, but he kept slipping towards an otter instead of a ram. I wasn't satisfied with the result. I think I'll go with the an atypical Verditius with a strong focus in Animal. I'll give that a swing and see how it turns out.

Ditto. Former Baronial Herald in the Barony of Bryn Gwlad (Austin, Texas) back around the turn of the century, but went I dormant when I realized I wasn't enjoying events anymore. Now that I've moved, I think I'll check out the group here, see what it's like.

I am happy to continue the many endeavours of Vocis of Tremere. Perhaps that will help with some consistency.

1 Like

Awesome :smiley:

The story Fixer is running for Roberto at the moment is in 1245. One of the side effects of the multi thread style we were using is that we tended to diverge in time a bit from each other.
If you want to run the Africa story in 1244, go for it. I will play as Roberto if you like. Peregrine is in on that one I believe. It may also be a good jump in point for Christian &/or Arthur.
I have a story idea for Fleur, based on that Alchemy text she obtained at Estancia Escarida (I like my alternate spelling of that name). It will also be a great jump on point for people. I will reach out to Jebrick and see if he is still interested. I can set it anywhere from 1242 or shortly after.
As for that Flambeau convocation I never ran, I think I am up to it now. If people are interested. If not, we can say that talks fell apart and it never happened. Not yet anyway. House Flambeau is in schism (sorta like Tytalus was back in 1220 according to Societas).

This is a special treat for Peregrine, and for the rest of you as well :slight_smile:
Inner City Wizard School

Archery marshal, thrown weapons marshal, brewer, chronicler, baronial seneschal, and even Baron of Havre des Glaces (Quebec City, Canada) for 3 years. I almost burned out because of the politics. Nowadays I only do about 2 to 4 events a year, to chat, see old and new friends, drum a few hours, etc. I spent the last 2 Pennsic Wars working at the forge with a master smith from Northshield (Minnesota) and built my own smithy (a small one) in my backyard.

Anyway, Vivas! :wink:

Fleur got dragged in on the Flambeau convention due it being an "all hands on deck" situation that she really felt mostly lost in. The idea of 'exploring' a 'lost' covenant (as she was unaware that others had already rediscovered it) was of some interest, but otherwise if we want to drop the whole situation I would be fine with it.

At the time there were people into the idea, and some players had voiced a desire for a more political/social type story. And right then in current history, real world politics got suddenly serious and ugly and I lost all motivation to do anything political.

So I am gonna say that right now, House Flambeau has no formally agreed upon Primus. But most Flambeaux don't care much. It has a limited social effect in Iberia & Provencal.

So are there two contenders? Or even more?
Even if most magi flambeau don't care much, many are bound to support one one another, I think.

While I like stories about Hermetic interaction, it does not need to be the House meeting nor about electing a formal Primus.