General Table Talk

I was kicking myself for not giving Vocis a visual scrying spell, but this is a good point. Scrying spells/powers in any system tend to ruin mystery stories. Not that that's going to stop me from milking Vocis's Imaginem for all its worth here. :wink:

mentem spells can ruin mysteries much faster...

I have just realized that half of the posts in this game, maybe more, come after I restarted the saga a year and a half ago. You guys have taken more action, made more changes, had more stories, and made more accomplishments that the generation before you.
A Point of Confidence and a pawn of vis to every current player who reads this :smiley:

Woohoo!

Way to go!

That's impressive - and thank you!

Nice. I also noticed yesterday that I've personally cleared 1000 posts on the forum. I was at just over a hundred when I joined Andorra. :smiley:

I still have a Sa Dragonera story idea sitting around, probably involving Fleur and Acutus, maybe as a B-story during the City of Brass mission. I'm waiting for the Pamplona thread to wrap up (or at least progress :slight_smile: ) before I get into it. Other than that, it might be fun if Lucas and Pere went off on a trading mission together. They're both good at making deals, but otherwise they're an odd couple with wildly different morals/ethics. Any volunteers to run something like that? Preferably in a way that comes off slightly less like a sitcom pitch? :confused:

That sounds awesome :smiley:

Like one of the old "Road" movies. Dibs on Crosby. :wink:

If you aren't going to be doing any Sa Dragonna plots how do we handle Fleur's investigations of her sanctum?
I'm assuming you aren't considering the search for Donna's apprentice or doughboy to be Sa Dragonna plots...

I used you as an example. I am letting you run the story about investigating the sanctum :smiley: Or you can get one of the others to do it. As for Donna, I was thinking of teaming her up with Vulcanus after he moves. Doughboy is more of a main covenant plot, unless you are looking for a private baker.
You also mention three stories I promised already, so one might say they are grandfathered in. And I may not be so super strict on this idea. It was a spontaneous thought.

Running an investigative story where I am at least one of the principle characters? That doesn't seem to leave much mystery to the mystery... and would I also assign adventure experience and confidence points afterwards?
If anyone else would be interested in running either of these that could certainly work...

Marko, when would you like Bernat the spy to turn up?

:smiley:
And they won't perceive against someone with enough MR, there's at least that.

Btw, I'm not ready, but I fear I'll never be, so once CoB is concluded, I'll run the Roberto adventure nonetheless. Better a crappy story with holes in it and badly-written NPCs than no story at all :wink:

take your time :smiley:

Featherbottom? Never heard of him. What was he lord of, fine mattresses? 8)

Just a heads up - I'm leaving tonight for a two week vacation. I should be able to keep up with the forum, but my responses will probably be delayed.

[size=85]((I like using Languages as Flavor rather than an Inhibitor. Which is why I used it as a spring board to mention Wen's background. I am sure Silveroak is well educated and knows his history. I myself never knew about the turnip thing or Spanish Halloween until I looked it up the other day :smiley:))[/size]

To be fair historical currency conversion in Ars Magica could drive anyone nuts. To begin with AM uses the fantasy trope of digital money where gold trades silver 10:1 despite the fact that for all of recorder history they have traded close to or at 20:1.