General Table Talk

Lucas was assistant librarian from almost as soon as he got into the covenant door. He has the major Flaw: Driven to create a new Great Library, and even the Ability Profession: librarian. So he's very keen on the Library Project.

As a result, Lucas would very much contest the proposition that Fleur was de facto in charge of the library. Perhaps they both have duties assisting Vocis. But Lucas has been Assistant Librarian for longer.

Also, wasn't it Adan who was big on the library project? I hadn't realized that Fleur was interested in that. I thought she was concentrating on her Hermetic Project.

Anyone who wants in on the Mr Spooky thread go ahead, Fleur asked a few people, they may have suggested someone else, or it may have gotten around that this was another party with invitations to all...

As to the library, the point was to come up with an implement a plan of growth more than argue seniority.

What's the hearsay on the Mr. Spooky ordeal? Rika's a nosy parker, and she's liable to be trying to get to know everyone anyway! :mrgreen:

This should be the calmest night yet, we've called his bluff and he has asked for a sit down. Of course if he turns out to be a Diedne ghost all bets are off, but if he was part of an obscure Roman sect we can probably deal with him and find a livable arrangement.

Of course you can't find a livable arrangement for him ... because he's dead. :wink:

I mean one we can live with...

This is true. And recal that, at the time Fightmaster left, Siveroak was present and working on a project. It was about the ayer, not the character. Was not sure what do do with Lucas at the time.
Vocis is still in charge of the library, and he has plenty of work for anyone interested.

Guys, just to let you know, I am in a time crunch. I plan to catch up in a few days. I have stuff planed for the Garden, the Visitor, Brass, Bride, and more.
Thank you for your paitience.

the Mythic Europe version of bed bath and beyond...

So, the next-to-last book for 5th Edition is scheduled to be Lands of the Nile, which covers mythic Egypt. I had no idea.

Yeah, I know it sounds silly, but i am a little depressed by that new. Not the egyptian book, the end of the line.

I know, right? I just kind of hoped it would keep going, but in retrospect, with all the Tribunals done in one edition or another now[sup]1[/sup], there really wasn't much more to do. Ars Magica doesn't seem to really lend itself to modules, and I think if they did a series of covenant books (like Through the Aegis), there would be a lot of backlash from some corners of the fandom.

I haven't checked on the main forum since this broke, but I'm curious as to how much of this decision was creative and how much financial, and if they're going to start working (behind closed doors, apparently) on a 6th edition.

[sup]1[/sup] Personally, I would not have minded seeing some of the tribunals whose sourcebooks date to 3rd edition get a good makeover. Loch Leglean would be my first choice.

Just to ask, what are the details and duties of the portal stuff being offered to Frederika in the Chapter IV thread? She's going to accept - probably enthusiastically to be honest.I just want to make sure I (me personally!) understands what's going on.

No one speaks Nordic in the Mr. Spooky thread right?

I doubt German counts, so I'm going to say 'no' for me.

Low German is related by -2, I think (maybe -3). In any case, Cecelia had an effective level 2 in Nordic. She might be able to figure out what a conversation was about, though not follow it.

What I love about Ars Magica most of all is it practically demands I keep on-top of actual history! After checking, Frederika would have absolutely no bloody clue what Halloween is (she being German, and Samhain being a Celtic tradition). But as a practising Roman Catholic, she'd be very familiar with All Saints' the day after, and All Souls' the day after that. Seriously, this game is a history lesson.

I hve received request from a poster named Nithyn who would like to join our saga. I told them to talk to the troupe but I want to put in good word. A constnt influx of new plyers is why this thing has run so long and so large. It is healthy.
How to fit Nithyn is needs thought. I suggested an apprentice or a visitor from another covenant. But there are many other possibilities.

Hi folks!

I had laid out in very general terms to Marko what I was considering, but I'll do the same here. A Gentle Gifted Tremere in the same vein as the Flambeau Ramius. Think of the 'classic' Knight, except he uses magic, though not overtly. He's a rather large thorn in the side of the Qs, but they can't make charges stick (Tremere voting block for one, the lack of any visible magic the other).

The reason for coming is fairly simple, you folks are in a very unique position between the tribunals, there's no way the house isn't interested in trying to exploit it somehow. That's unofficially of course... Officially would be a very different matter!

Anyhow, that's the general gist of things. Worse comes to worse, I can always build an apprentice, but that wouldn't be my first choice. That said, thanks for hearing me out!

How officially unofficial can we make things here? I'm thinking Tremere are exactly the sort of people to deliberately send someone to the covenant. And to very politely suggest Andorra accepts graciously. So why accept? Third tribunal at work with some sort of beef with one of our neighbours; giving us a pledge to aid us if things get politically sticky? So it'd be a 'we know what you're officially here for, and we know that's bollocks, but we're going to pretend really hard that we don't'.

Thoughts?