General Table Talk

I know what you mean. I used to use my own home-made character sheets
:laughing:
The standardized format I use is based off of what is used currently in printed cannon, to make it easy to locate any bit of specific information (as we are all well familiar with printed formant). But you can use your own. I am just offering use of my template :smiley:

Speaking of the awkwardness of playing one's own best friend-- would anyone like to play Siana for the Road to Espana?

I might. But first, who's Siana?

Scott

Siana is my Companion character. She's a shapeshifting Welsh archer.

Shapeshifting into what? Poo, glad I never made that fox who was going to shapeshift into a human archer.

Scott

What I've got on her character sheet right now is polar bear, gyrfalcon, harbour seal, bloodhound. But really, she just needs to have any one type of bear, something airborne, and something aquatic. I picked the ones I did because I like gyrfalcons and I am a treehugging Berkeley hippie who loves baby seals.

Kill it! KILL IT WITH FIRE! :smiling_imp: Where's Marko when you need a good Flambeau?

Hi, guys. Now that life has calmed down, I'm coming back. I've been PMing with Marko. I'll start posting soon. Just wanted to give you all a heads-up.

Chris

A brown bear would be more European. Is her sheet in the character thread?

Scott

Yes it is, I picked a polar bear just because I like them better, but if someone else would like to play her for an adventure I have no problem with switching it.

Sally is also a meat-eating anti-vegitarian.
And I am a dirty long-haired hippie :smiley:

I say again good sir... Kill it! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

I'm very pro-vegetarian. I eat vegetarians whenever I can.

Well I suppose I could do it. Is there a character sheet, or does one of us need to make one?

Scott

There's a character sheet.

OK, got it. I think, yes a brown bear would be more "realistic" (and less likely to be noticed by the mundanes), but given her fae nature, we can stick with polar bear if you want, and those are found in the northern reaches of Russia.

You need to edit the sheet to change Profession to Craft (since the latter is used for making things), and I think bows and arrows have enough in common to be a single Craft skill.

Scott

Maybe he could be an Ice Bear? Affinity with Metal, perhaps?

What's an Ice Bear, anyway?

Scott

The bear that sells those frozen slushie drinks at K-Mart :smiley:

From the series, His Dark Materials, by Philip Pullman. Inhabitants of the farthest north, they rule the islands off Russia in an alternate timeline. They are huge, fearsome, and incredible smiths who wear highly personalised armour in combat. Iorek the Ice Bear is a major character in the trilogy. The first book, published as "The Northern Lights" in the U.K. and as "The Golden Compass" (a film by that name came out a few years back; the adaptation is tolerable, though it has some shortcomings) in the U.S. is the best of the three.