Gerard de Flambeau

Gerard is inventing a spell to experiment with Warping. ReCo 35 - base 20, Sight/Mom/Ind; Transport a target you can see to a point you can see within 500 paces of them.

1. I want to confirm that the above could teleport someone into midair.

2. I want to confirm my understanding of research. As I understand it, you don't design an experimental effect (such as trying to invent a version of the above spell that doesn't Warp the target); you design the effect as normal, but with the goal of learning something (so, for above, he is designing the spell and experimenting to learn about why and how it warps a target.) Is that correct?

3. Just a side issue - for teleporting people (self or others) reqs for their clothes, belongings, etc., would be casting reqs, not necessary for spell design, right?

1. yes, it can
  2. you design a normal effect that involves in some way what you are trying to research- so in this case it has to be a spell which normally warps a person, and you indicate what you are trying to discover at the same time.
  3. requisits for normal clothes (for teleportation) are not necessary- large items (packs, chain mail, etc) may require requisits, and these should be incorporated in the deign phase of the spell.

In that case, inventing Armored Wizard's Leap - same as Wizard's Leap (500 pace Per/Ind/Mom Teleport), but transports arms and armor as well - Wizard's Leap counts as similar spell, right?

I'll take Jaufres if nobody objects ...

Given that they have not entered game at all, are we allowed to tweak characteristics at this point?

I'll work through an increased repertoir of virtues and flaws, but it can wait till they either get on a story or start training.

Wizards leap definitely counts as a similar spell to armored Wizards Leap.

in terms of changing characteristics- they are going to start where they are at, but when the penalties change due to aging I will allow you to shift stats by either not increasing a stat (lowering the base stat by one) or by increasing it double the regular amount(increasing the base stat by one)- the accounting must balance but traits like improved characteristics and balancing flaws (or the other way around) may be taken as childhood traits as they grow through that phase. Note- this special advancement rule is only available for advancing grog children into companion adults when the grog child was made by someone else...(will copy to house rules)